Project-C

[FONT=&quot]‘Time - [/FONT]Morning[FONT=&quot]/[/FONT]Evening[FONT=&quot]/Night[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Place - [/FONT]University[FONT=&quot]/Forest/[/FONT][FONT="]Suburbs [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Phase - [/FONT]Half Moon[FONT=&quot]/Full Moon/[/FONT]New Moon[FONT=&quot]’[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The above information was freshly written in a piece of paper before it is crumpled into a ball forcefully and thrown away. The one who performed such a useless task being a male standing about 6’ 2” and sporting long ashen hair. He would normally look quite mature had it not been for the youthful gaze in his eyes. But even then, one could easily tell that the male was at least about 20 years of age; and what the he does next also exhibits the fact that he’s your average male trying to look impressive -- he takes out a cigarette and lighter, before looking around in a rather sneaky manner and subsequently lighting up the cigar and taking a few small puffs.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The place where he was seated could be called a park, but then it would be an insult to parks everywhere. Since all it consisted of was a bench in front of a body of running water, which is blocked off by a waist length barrier. Although, such a thing would not prevent one from diving into the water if they really wanted to. But more importantly, this so called park was situated on the one and only path to a nearby university. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The path to the university, if it could indeed be called that, was a simple stone walkway that led from the nearby suburbs, through the park and eventually onto the campus grounds of the university. A romantic person would perhaps call the road pretty, what with the various kinds of trees that were placed on either side of the walkway, in a manner that showed excellent planning. But the students that passed through here on their way to the university were rarely romantic. This was after all, an university for Engineering and Technology…[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The boy who was presently puffing at the cigarette in an unskillful manner (even for a beginning smoker) was in fact seated on the one and only bench in the park. Almost everything about the boy, from the way he was clothed normally in a black formal jacket over a black t-shirt, black jeans and sneakers, to the way he was smoking and attempting to hide it, seemed to scream ‘NORMAL’ to anyone who might be watching. Should the watcher be an observant person however, he/she might notice a very subtle breach in the natural pattern of things when observing the boy; such an observer just might be able to notice the fact that this boy was in fact trying his hardest to act normal. As to why that is, that would remain a mystery until the boy himself decides to reveal it…[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]He takes a look at his watch, finding that it was still not too far from dawn; however, it was just about the right time for the earliest visitors to the university to make their way there; students who were involved with clubs or other early morning activities. For students like him however, it was still too early for school; and yet, he was here, for reasons of his own…[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“Hey Logan,” the boy is greeted by a passing student who was likely making his way to his early morning club activities.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“Yo..”[FONT=&quot] comes the response from the boy, who was apparently named ‘Logan’, and who had just made a lazy attempt at hiding his cigarette.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“Don’t even bother trying to hide that Logan, we all know about you and your habits,” said the student.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“Yeah, whatever…”[FONT=&quot] he said, throwing the cigarette to the ground and trampling it underfoot.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“You should get rid of those habits of yours and join our Kendo Club you slouch! It will improve your body and mind.” [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“Right right..” [FONT=&quot]Logan said, in a rather bored sounding voice before standing up, and walking towards the wooden barrier separating the body of running water from the park. “Alright I’ll accompany you to your club just this once.”[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“Really!?” the student almost exclaimed and his eyes grew bright and wide at the prospect.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“No,”[FONT=&quot] he said, crushing the other student’s bubble in the worst manner possible, “try to grow up a little man…”[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The student, who presently looked quite crestfallen, turned his back on Logan with a disgusted look on his face. “Fine, suit yourself!” he said, as he started walking away towards the university along with the quickly increasing crowd of students who were also arriving for their club activities. “I’m done wasting my time on you.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Logan chuckled slightly, ‘don’t take it too hard man,’ he thought, ‘we all have our own lives to deal with.’
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]‘For example…. today I’ve given up on three hours of good sleep to wait here in this dump for a certain someone…’ [FONT=&quot]he thought, ‘wonder if she comes early or later in the day with the rest of the students,’[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]‘Mm… what was her name again?’[/FONT]

Jessica was by no means a morning person, and yet she had this morning woken up early. These mornings where her weakness as she tended to be cranky when her biological clock wasn't obeyed. The event was usually followed by a mood raising clumsiness often able to keep half her day down into a dark corner of grumbling and staring people down. This day however other thoughts prevented the usual dark mood.

The young woman grumbled in her thoughts, while standing on the side walk waiting for the lights to switch. She had her mind on last night and tried to go through what exactly had happened her tired mind not helping in the process. The lights switched to green and the small but slowly growing crowd of newly awakened student's started to cross the street. Giving a few quite clear stares at people, gave her a nice little lonely space in the middle where she could continue her dark grumbling. Though getting a few distractions by friends taking advantage of the situation to tease.

Jessica lived in one of the closer student dorms to the school, very much to avoid an early morning and out of comfort.
She was in a club called the A.I where they experimented with simpler A.I's and mostly just hanged around for the occasional help from other class mates in studying. Or any events the, in the other members eyes wicked, club leader that had to be stopped from time to time from doing his experiments. One which involved the womens dressing room.

Jessica was curious on if there even was anyone present there at this early hour. Sure the club had a large number of members. But not many were very active. However her thoughts went back to the other matters as they entered smaller park that was just before the only road leading to the University. Here the group that had been around her dispersed on the wider area. Leaving her with a sudden feeling of being exposed.

'...subject(s) normally exhibit feats of strength far superior to normal human beings. Whether boy or girl, a CURE P Virus carrier should be able to knock out just about anyone in one blow....'

'...shows that subject(s) also undergo superior amounts of genetic modifications. Suffice to say that the virus almost rewrites their genes in such a way that they become impervious to most diseases and/or injuries, hence the name - CURE....'

'...possibility exists that subject(s) undergo extreme nightmares due to the rewriting of certain genetic codes that should never be tampered with.... no fix discovered yet...'

'...while a bullet should still kill a subject just like any other, there is a 75% chance that their superior cell regeneration capabilities should allow for immediate clotting and prevention of the damage spreading to any other parts of the body, thus preventing death; as for the shock factor...'

'...shows that rewritten genetic codes prevents subject(s) brains from registering shock, although it is still possible for them to be surprised, and feel just about all other emotions, including fear.'

'Yeah...' he thought, as bits and pieces from the papers he had stumbled upon yesterday came back to him while he waited. It was not as if he was making any conscious effort to remember anything, but information of that caliber was hardly easy to forget within the span of one day, if ever; in fact, it was difficult for Logan to even put it to the back of his mind. He was normally not a very inquisitive person, in spite of being the son of a government scientist, and being a student of science himself. Usually he was content with leaving a normal life, in spite of the fact that he always felt like he was pretending, which he was... in a sense....

Pretending to be normal ensured that people would usually leave him alone, mostly; and he would have ample time for himself; he had a strange hobby he'd admit, but he just loved spending time alone, with his own researches on life and its secrets. Perhaps it was a trait he had inherited from his father, but he didn't care much for that. In fact, he didn't care much for anything as he leaned on the railing that blocked off the lake from the park. Watching the gentle ripples on the water he wondered whether he should light another cigarette, and about a certain someone else...

'Hm... her name was Jessica, wasn't it?' He wondered, 'my class, and yet, I can't say I've ever seen her any differently before. But then again, at least I remember her name... can't say the same for the dude who just invited me to his club...'

Smirking a little at his own insensitivity, he wondered about the reason for his current interest in the girl. It was certainly not the same reason as most normal men would be interested in girls for. 'Am I getting in over my head?' He thought, 'should I interfere in something that my own father has kept a secret from me? Something that the government deals with as top secret?'

'Well... if she has an answer to all those people disappearing...'

'Tonight is full moon....'

Having leaned on the railing for a while, Logan felt that his hands were slowly getting tired of supporting his weight. So he lifted himself up and decided to go back and sit on the bench. The moment he turned however, he noticed a blond girl walking separately from the crowd of early morning students. 'That's her isn't it?' he thought, 'well the dossier contained her description, so...'

'Shame on me for not recognizing students from my own class,' he thought with a smirk as he progressed towards the bench, 'well, maybe she'll tell me herself.'

"Good morning Jessica," he said, just loud enough for his voice to be carried over to her in the gentle morning breeze. Having said his piece though, he sat down on the bench, his back facing the walkway. Spreading his hands over the entirety of the backrest of the bench, he crossed his foot and leaned his head back. 'Well... I'll be watching you from now on so..'

'Bear with me.'

Jessica turned her head towards the greeting person. She recognized the voice but didn't know who it was until she spotted him sitting down on a bench. Though it took her few seconds Jessica soon remembered his name and curious on what made him to suddenly greet her in the morning; stopped not far from the bench.

He was leaning his head back and she took her chance to study him a little closer while he was doing so. She had never really gotten a good look at him before like others in the class and he wasn't to bad looking for a guy. The ash colored hair wasn't something you saw everyday.

Jessica caught her self staring and quickly replied "Morning Logan, why are you here so early?"
He had never seemed like the club type. Though she had never really seen much of him at all except in class. But he was sitting on a bench not heading to a club which made that quite clear.

Though her current look told people to stay away from her a little curious distraction might be what was needed to remove her bad morning mood. It never really struck her that she might seem a bit hostile in her response to his morning greeting. Though people knowing her would not really take it to heart knowing her behavioral pattern.

Logan hadn't actually expected her to be interested enough to actually stop and approach him. The greeting had been meant to be something to be heard and responded to in the passing, which is why he didn't bother to stand around long enough for Jessica to have a good look at him. Moreover, the position he was sitting in right now, with his back turned to the walkway, made it difficult to see him properly without going through the trouble of approaching the bench first.

Surprised at the fact that she had actually stopped, he tried studying her by leaning his head further back and trying to look at her standing nearby, towering over his sitting form. Catching her eyes looking right back though, he looked away with a slight smirk. 'Don't get all suspicious now...'

"Morning Logan, why are you here so early?" was the reply to his greeting, 'hm.. why am I here?' he wondered, 'can't really tell you that I'm waiting for a certain someone... now can I?'

'Especially since you're....'

"Just grabbing a morning fag," he pointed at the cigarette butt lying near the railing, "Y'know..." he tried pretending to give an explanation, before subsequently pretending to give up, and simply flashing a slight grin in her direction, "want one?" he asked, before taking out a pack of cigarretes from somewhere.

---

[OOC: grabbing a fag = getting a cigar; just in case you get the wrong idea XD]