other forms of counting!

~Kitty~

Kitty pawns all!
There are many other languages that have their own counting language.

So this thread is to make a collection of all forms of counting!

The very basic that we all know is

One two three.

Heres some variations.

Yi Er San.(Chinese version.)

Ein Zwei Drei(German)

Un Deux Trois(French)

Ichi Nii San(Japan)
PS:We are just gonna use 1 2 3. :grin:

uno, due, tre` (Italian)

1. n'əm
2. maʔɬ
3. yudəxʷ (Kwak'wala; note the [n] in the word for 1 is itself glottalized, not followed by a glottal stop)

echad, shtayim, shalosh (Hebrew)

But does every language have the very basic 1, 2, 3? At least one language I know of is claimed not to express numerals at all, instead using two relative terms meaning roughly 'few' and 'fewer'. Of course since this language is Piraha, we should all hold on to our wallets when such claims are made.

Sanae

Staff member
Nung
Song
Sahm
Si
Ha

Couning in Laos :3 I'm unsure how you would spell some of those xD Just remember to put the sharp endings.. Or, something like that lol

P.S. Moving to Traveler's Tale due to being a collection of counting styles from different countries ^__^

~Kitty~

Kitty pawns all!
uno, due, tre` (Italian)

1. n'əm
2. maʔɬ
3. yudəxʷ (Kwak'wala; note the [n] in the word for 1 is itself glottalized, not followed by a glottal stop)

echad, shtayim, shalosh (Hebrew)

But does every language have the very basic 1, 2, 3? At least one language I know of is claimed not to express numerals at all, instead using two relative terms meaning roughly 'few' and 'fewer'. Of course since this language is Piraha, we should all hold on to our wallets when such claims are made.
Ale ale ale(pronounced al-ay)!

My exotic Language: Yak Du Sei

Persian: Ik Du Sie

Urdu: Ik Du Teen

Arabic: Wahed, Ithnan, Thalatha[

More of my exotic language: Nuh-az dah, best, best yak(we reach the twenties, right?) sleepy
:confused2: wow..that some weird language that I cant even read properly...

[MENTION=192]moi[/MENTION] I don't know either. I guess not all language have counting.