Noex1337's Chess Matches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voltorn

Enjoying life
noex1337 said:
Oh, definitely. So I'm not really counting this one as a "win" per se. I'm just waiting until I beat Voltorn.
And I'm waiting to beat Kaze >__<

Ok, that last part confused me. How exactly does that affect the queen?
5. Qd5 Nc5 (the white moves the queen to threaten the knight). ^__^

By killing the bishop that killed the knight, with a pawn ( 9. Bbxc6 bxc6), the white queen is forced to retreat or else, the pawn would kill it.

@insane-azn

I'm not that good >__< Kaze beat me multiple times >__<

Notorious

Colonel H Stinkmeaner
Yeah I saw that one noex lol. But it's as you said, you have improved (and you're probably better than me LOL)

But Voltorn, Kaze's too good... No offence, but you (nor anyone in MT) can compare to him as of yet, it would seem

Voltorn

Enjoying life
I've played about 8 games, and as the matches go, my focus is getting duller and duller, so I'm not in the mood right now. Maybe later ^^"

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
Actually, tyuli is also strong.

I predict his online rating should be around 1700-1800.

But believe it or not, there is one more chess player in MF that has a rating way beyond us.

He goes by the name of Cactus in both MF and Chesscube and his rating is 2000+!

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
No, I won't.

I received this title because I defeated Mother twice, nothing to do with our chess club.

I'm thinking of a competition with title for our chess club, but can't seems to have any idea for the moment.

I hope other has.

Oh, our mascot is the eight legged Sleipnir;

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
noex1337 said:
Care to comment on any of the matches Kaze?
The general advise is the same for everyone;

Control the center (e4,e5,d4,d5 squares) and develop rapidly.

Voltorn said:
Just make a match where everybody needs to face all participants. xD

The player with the highest number of wins would get the highest title. ^^

^^

What a mutation. 0.0
How many players do we have currently?

Voltorn

Enjoying life
You can make a thread to list them, y'know. Something like chess tournament registration thread.

Currently, we have more than 5 players. ^^

You, me, noelnoex (I'm sorry >_<"), zoro, tyuli, azn, and some people, who are interested in joining. ^^

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
I will not be part of the competition though.

I will only organize it.

We need at least 10 to make a viable competition,

And the time zones may be an issue here.

Notorious

Colonel H Stinkmeaner
Regarding the time zones, when everyone's exams finish, they will have more spare time, be able to have later nights etc. so I think this should be organised when people become more free (i.e. during the summer holidays)

noex1337 said:
[Chess]

[Event "ChessCube Game"]

[Site "www.chesscube.com"]

[Date "2011.05.07"]

[Round "-"]

[White "noex1337@chesscube.com"]

[Black "g1o4u3@chesscube.com"]

[Result "1-0"]

[WhiteElo "1429"]

[BlackElo "1500"]

[ECO "C23"]

[Time "12:17:10"]

[TimeControl "900"]

1. e4 e5 2. Bc4 Qf6 3. Nf3 Bc5 4. c3 a6 5. b4 b5 6. a3 Bb7 7. Bd5 Ra7 8. bxc5 Bxd5 9. exd5 d6 10. cxd6 cxd6 11. a4 Nd7 12. d4 Nb6 13. axb5 exd4 14. cxd4 Nxd5 15. bxa6 Qe7+ 16. Qe2 1-0

[/Chess]

I'm white, black is g1o4u3. I'm incredibad at the opening games so any suggestions will be helpful.
Tips:

- Never play Pawn C3, and always remember to focus on the center of the board.

-If you are white and if you are going to trade bishop with bishop, don't trade off the white square bishiop.

- In an end game, if there are too many obstacles around, best to have a knight instead of a bishop.

- Lol and some beginners usually expose their queen out too soon(in this case black) which is not good, probably for some fancy trick which will mess things up in the end.

Funny game, but it's fine.

Edit: On the other hand it seems that both had the same openings(duplicate), in that case white had the advantage, I can't exactly remember the name of the gambit, but search for these openings:

Evans gambit or Queens gambit.

This should do the trick:[Chess]

[Event "ChessCube Game"]

[Date "2011.05.07"]

[Round "-"]

[Result "1-0"]

[WhiteElo "1429"]

[BlackElo "1500"]

[ECO "C23"]

[TimeControl "900"]

1. e4 e5 2. Bc4 Qf6 3. Nf3 Bc5 4. c3 a6 5. Qb3 b5 6. Ke5

[/Chess]

Well, you get the picture, attack kings pawn with white bishop.

Move the bishop from f7 to h5 and queen to checkmate, though the setup was bad, you might face some obstacles but it should be good.

It's hard to edit the game but I'm sure you got the picture now.

noex1337

Emmie was here
Pyro Fighter said:
Tips:

- Never play Pawn C3, and always remember to focus on the center of the board.

-If you are white and if you are going to trade bishop with bishop, don't trade off the white square bishiop.

- In an end game, if there are too many obstacles around, best to have a knight instead of a bishop.

- Lol and some beginners usually expose their queen out too soon(in this case black) which is not good, probably for some fancy trick which will mess things up in the end.

Funny game, but it's fine.

Edit: On the other hand it seems that both had the same openings(duplicate), in that case white had the advantage, I can't exactly remember the name of the gambit, but search for these openings:

Evans gambit or Queens gambit.

[Event "ChessCube Game"]

[Date "2011.05.07"]

[Round "-"]

[Result "1-0"]

[WhiteElo "1429"]

[BlackElo "1500"]

[ECO "C23"]

[TimeControl "900"]

1. e4 e5 2. Bc4 Qf6 3. Nf3 Bc5 4. c3 a6 5. b4 b5 6. Qb3 Bb7 7. Ne5

[/Chess]

Move the bishop from f7 to h5 and queen to checkmate, though the setup was bad, you might face some obstacles but it should be good.

Did you mean this? I'm not too sure what's going on here. Wouldn't the next move for black be to take the Knight with a queen?

noex1337 said:
Did you mean this? I'm not too sure what's going on here. Wouldn't the next move for black be to take the Knight with a queen?
Perfectly correct, when queen takes the Knight, it's game over for black.

When he takes the knight, use your bishop to capture the pawn f7 = check.

In your next move take Knight G8 with the same bishop, if he takes your bishop with rook then you can use your queen to recapture the rook and again check.

Either move he plays, you'll get a free rook, and depending on how the conduct goes, (ie, king e7) then it's a check mate.

Other than that, your pawn b4 was unnecessary.

That's what a gambit is about, you sacrifice a piece in exchange for a pure destructive game.

If you like playing defensive games, I would recommend you to try the Benoni defense(specifically for black).

And according to my experience, one of the best opening used to gain center control is the english opening.(if I am giving the name correctly, box d5 is solidified by bishop, knight, and a pawn, pure strength on a single point like bijuu dama in naruto (lol), try google for "english opening".)

On the other hand, don't depend on one opening because of variations and it's good to try the gambits against noobers as they would simply fall for it, never the less the openings I've stated above should be a good help against common players.

Try youtube for something like "evans gambit"< --- Comes from the opening guieco or joker (what ever they call not so sure about the spelling lol)l piano opening. Don't learn all at once, just go with the flow.

I hope this helps.

Edit: Lol I noticed that you played some more chess games, OK, I'll try to review them after I take a bath.

noex1337

Emmie was here
Also, what if I did Qh5 on turn 3 as opposed to Nf3? I sacrifice queens but I gain a free pawn right? Or would you not recommend it.

Nevermind, I lose a bishop. How about if castled on turn 4 as opposed to c3?

Voltorn

Enjoying life
Pyro Fighter said:

[Event "ChessCube Game"]

[Date "2011.05.07"]

[Round "-"]

[Result "1-0"]

[WhiteElo "1429"]

[BlackElo "1500"]

[ECO "C23"]

[TimeControl "900"]

1. e4 e5 2. Bc4 Qf6 3. Nf3 Bc5 4. c3 a6 5. Qb3 b5 6. Ke5

[/Chess]

lol

If I were black, I would take the bishop with the pawn, forcing the queen to retreat or take the pawn. And then I would take knight using the queen, protecting my bishop from white's queen if the white player decided to take the pawn. xD

[chess]1. e4 e5 2. Bc4 Qf6 3. Nf3 Bc5 4. c3 a6 5. Qb3 b5 6. Ne5 bxc4 7. Qxc4 Qxe5

[/chess]

Status
Not open for further replies.