Monster

B StAR

2D Complex.
Monster

Now this is not your ordinary anime folks. If you do not like the idea of a slow paced plot then you should avoid this. I think 76 episodes is enough for this anime to have, almost all of the episodes is related to the main plot. Even minor characters slowly become important to the main characters. This anime takes place mostly in Europe, present day. Expect realistic emotions and realistic looking people (no big eyed, cutesy characters here).

Genres: drama, horror, mystery, psychological

Now usually after I watch an anime I have no opinions, but this anime really made me think about mankind, it gets into topics such as WWII and other issues.

Storyline: Oh the plot gets juicy. Its about this Doctor name Tenma who decides what person to save, an important person of status or a little child. After his decision, it gets very interesting. I guess the theme of the anime is The Nature of Human Beings. The basic story builds up, like a rollercoaster. The rest you must see it yourself. 9/10

Characters: Lots of backstory provide them with depth, usually with realistic emotions to the situation. (Doctor goes into dilemma of right and wrong and so forth). Some of the characters are left a mystery to add to the drama and suspense of the story. 9/10

Pace: Very slow, focuses on the build up mostly. Does the job well in the 76 episode spread. Some may say the slowness of the story may hurt the viewer, I can personally wait it out. 8/10

Music/Sounds: Very little, or if there is it tries to match the atmosphere the character is going through. (Check out the ending songs, they are kinda mmmmm strange?) This works well with the story, making the viewer concentrate on the dialogue. 8/10

Overall: 9/10 Strong points is mostly philosophical issues and the buildup + twists. It's more of a watch and think anime.

Summary- Teenagers (watchable if they can tolerate the slow pace and adult related themes), adults (recommended)

Last edited by a moderator:

y0l3itches

llvlloonshine
This is def an adult anime with alot of time, it really is slow pace but people are getting killed because of him. In the beginning he is mostly afraid and its basily to find the killer... I dropped this anime after a while cause it didn't hold my attention long enought to watch it... Its don't have alot of action and mostly drama but its tension building so it takes awhile...

Goose

Random Guy #3
I loved this anime. It touches on ideas of revenge, evil, the value of life, and other things. It doesn't force you to take any interpretation though, so that's good.
If I had to nitpick and point out the negatives, I would say that the characters were for the most part cliched as hell IMO(except for this one detective who only appears for a few episodes--probably my favorite character) and the voice acting was not very good(lots of unnecessary moaning). A lot of people complain about the ending but I think it made a strong point. I really loved it though. Everyone watch it.