Madara's Moon Eye plan

~Kitty~

Kitty pawns all!
Oh dont worry I am in the right section alright.

So I was in MF's CvC area debating with this fella who says Madara is a good guy aiming for world peace. And boy is this guy naive or what.

Ok 1stly. How many of you actually believe that Madara's "moon eye plan" motive is actually world peace?

2ndly. WTF His clearly aiming for Dictatorship and world domination under the pretext of peace. Why cant this fella see it?

http://forums.mangafox.com/threads/277072-Akatsuki-vs.-Espada/page3

^Everything from page 3 onwards. Seriously this guy is like...*facepalm*

Am I the only one who sees madara's plan as world domination and that he is a bad guy?

Question: Do you consider a forced peace as a true peace? Also being forced to have peace because a certain one man has power over the world, do you consider that man's intention as good?

PS:In case anyone is wondering or is lose. This is a topic of the Character "Madara" from Naruto manga.

PPS: The moon eye plan
"Genjutsu means hypnosis in this case"

PPPS:mad:Emeralda err if this is not legit feel free to delete.

Biomega

Net Ronin Of All Trades
Reminds me when the CIA(or the FBI) tried to leak psychedelics into food and water so they can be able to Control people.

Well, the opening post may have been horrifically phrased so as to give readers impression that this thread is purely about Naruto, but I get the idea.

The question here is, can global dictatorship by a single person be considered "peace"?

[MENTION=94]-Gundam-[/MENTION], you might want to clarify this in your opening post.

Peace is defined as a lack of violence, and in this case (no more wars), it sure seems to work. However, a more nuanced definition of peace is a lack of violence in a manner that is positive towards humanity, and in this case (people living in fear of a tailed-beast war), it certainly doesn't hold true.

My verdict? No. It's not peace.

~Kitty~

Kitty pawns all!
Well, the opening post may have been horrifically phrased so as to give readers impression that this thread is purely about Naruto, but I get the idea.

The question here is, can global dictatorship by a single person be considered "peace"?

@-Gundam-, you might want to clarify this in your opening post.

Peace is defined as a lack of violence, and in this case (no more wars), it sure seems to work. However, a more nuanced definition of peace is a lack of violence in a manner that is positive towards humanity, and in this case (people living in fear of a tailed-beast war), it certainly doesn't hold true.

My verdict? No. It's not peace.
Yeah I fixed the OP.

Also seriously do you consider the intentions of Madara to be good or evil? It clearly is evil to me.

-Gundam- said:
Yeah I fixed the OP.

Also seriously do you consider the intentions of Madara to be good or evil? It clearly is evil to me.
His intentions are evil. I'd argue this from a logical perspective, but that's boring. Let's try a meta approach.

The character of Madara Uchiha was designed by Kishimoto to be the ultimate bad guy of the series, and majority of ultimate bad guys in shonen manga-that-you-don't-even-have-to-be-in-secondary-school-to-understand-fully are usually bad and just that. It would be a pure farce to have someone bad but with good intentions as a main bad guy, because the main bad guy is almost always a characterization of evil itself.

So yeah. Evil intentions.

~Kitty~

Kitty pawns all!
His intentions are evil. I'd argue this from a logical perspective, but that's boring. Let's try a meta approach.

The character of Madara Uchiha was designed by Kishimoto to be the ultimate bad guy of the series, and majority of ultimate bad guys in shonen manga-that-you-don't-even-have-to-be-in-secondary-school-to-understand-fully are usually bad and just that. It would be a pure farce to have someone bad but with good intentions as a main bad guy, because the main bad guy is almost always a characterization of evil itself.

So yeah. Evil intentions.

Good cause thats what I have been trying to tell that annoying troll at MF.

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia
Well, I COULD see it coming. You have Madara saying that he wants world peace. But we think he just want to dominate the world and control him, we know he's evil, especially that everyone portrays him as such. But what if it wasn't going to be the ultimate bad guy, but an ultimate twist a.k.a. go Lelouch on everyone? Sacrifice yourself to create a kind and gentle world? You don't see that coming because his past still wasn't described and no one can clearly say what his motives truly are.

So there are two directions in which this can go:

- Madara being the ultimate evil boss
- Madara sacrificing himself to unite the whole world and for a better future

At this point it's still not possible to say for certain how the author will portray him and that's all I can say.

~Kitty~

Kitty pawns all!
Well, I COULD see it coming. You have Madara saying that he wants world peace. But we think he just want to dominate the world and control him, we know he's evil, especially that everyone portrays him as such. But what if it wasn't going to be the ultimate bad guy, but an ultimate twist a.k.a. go Lelouch on everyone? Sacrifice yourself to create a kind and gentle world? You don't see that coming because his past still wasn't described and no one can clearly say what his motives truly are.

So there are two directions in which this can go:

- Madara being the ultimate evil boss
- Madara sacrificing himself to unite the whole world and for a better future

At this point it's still not possible to say for certain how the author will portray him and that's all I can say.
whose gonna sustain the moon eye tsukuyomi once his dead? :scared:
The whole point of him waging war was to use this genjutsu to force everyone to obey him. And if he dies the genjutsu is released...

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia
Rawr, we are in the realm of theories. If he indeed wanted to create a better world, he might be hiding that he'd need to sacrifice his life for example. Or go all Charles zi Britannia, and make the mooneye help everyone understand each other. So far it's still possible, but just so you know, I don't really care for any of those directions. Whatever path the author chooses will be the one, so yeah.

~Kitty~

Kitty pawns all!
Rawr, we are in the realm of theories. If he indeed wanted to create a better world, he might be hiding that he'd need to sacrifice his life for example. Or go all Charles zi Britannia, and make the mooneye help everyone understand each other. So far it's still possible, but just so you know, I don't really care for any of those directions. Whatever path the author chooses will be the one, so yeah.
eh...no. The mooneye basically puts everyone into hypnosis not force command them but force control them.(and no you cant alter people like the Geass you simply take over)

Oh dont worry I am in the right section alright.

So I was in MF's CvC area debating with this fella who says Madara is a good guy aiming for world peace. And boy is this guy naive or what.

Ok 1stly. How many of you actually believe that Madara's "moon eye plan" motive is actually world peace?
In my opinion, his actual intention is for pure power, however, it does bring peace.

2ndly. WTF His clearly aiming for Dictatorship and world domination under the pretext of peace. Why cant this fella see it?
Still doesn't change his point that it won't bring peace.
Who are we to fight if there won't be any opposing view?
Therefore, it's pure peace, but just for madara only.

http://forums.mangafox.com/threads/277072-Akatsuki-vs.-Espada/page3

^Everything from page 3 onwards. Seriously this guy is like...*facepalm*

Am I the only one who sees madara's plan as world domination and that he is a bad guy?
Nop, I believe that it is bad as well, but you are missing the point that pure goodness cannot bring peace.
The amount of goodness you have in you can be measured using the opposing attribute : evil.
If there is no evil, who is to say that there is any goodness?
If there is no good, then who is to say that there is any evilness?

Question: Do you consider a forced peace as a true peace? Also being forced to have peace because a certain one man has power over the world, do you consider that man's intention as good?
Peace is still peace, even if it is forced peace.

Well, what Madara aims to achieve is not peace, but non-violence. There's a difference. Peace is wanting to be non-violent, while non-violence is not wanting violence. In this case, it certainly seems like non-violence. According to his plan, people won't attack each other not because they don't want to fight, but because they don't want Madara to bring out the tailed beasts and cause chaos.

~Kitty~

Kitty pawns all!
In my opinion, his actual intention is for pure power, however, it does bring peace.

Still doesn't change his point that it won't bring peace.
Who are we to fight if there won't be any opposing view?
Therefore, it's pure peace, but just for madara only.

Nop, I believe that it is bad as well, but you are missing the point that pure goodness cannot bring peace.
The amount of goodness you have in you can be measured using the opposing attribute : evil.
If there is no evil, who is to say that there is any goodness?
If there is no good, then who is to say that there is any evilness?

Peace is still peace, even if it is forced peace.

"Peace cannot be kept by force,only understanding"