Looking for new SOTW and WOTF hosts!

Well Sanae made good observations... for the gfx section normally depends of participations needs 2 persons because one cover another when for example this one have unsure in real life. =)

If they have maturity they are able to organize themselves and what each one will do, and when one need to cover ask for another, etc. =)

Only to be host of the competition i think dont need to much gfx skills... just need to know certain knowledge of gfx, for not allow reaping other people job (minimal gfx made on the sig, not just crop the pic and put text), and maturity to deal with trouble maker... yes sometimes have, without lose the "composure" or act poorly education or argue unnecessarily or getting offended easily with members sugestions. =)

For make something for the site as art, well needs more gfx skills, but as for example NH that im in too... has a lot gfx mods... because the art of place, modding section, etc.

@Hadriel: i guess you are able to choose 4 person only for section... one written competition host and another 1 sotw host, and another 2 to cover them and help mod section. After if grow up can make another kind of competitions like photography, large piece, icons or banner for the site also are able to do competitions, etc... You are able to define leader of them more maturity if it has any problem. =)

I hope could help. Already many volunteers to be host... i will not. =)

Well, the needing of more than just one mod for each subsection is rather obvious, but thanks to Sanae for pointing that out. Seems like we have no shortage of GFX mod candidates, but we'll have to find another writer mod. And then there's the art/photography section (if the admins are even going to keep it).

Oh you are looking separately... the person only will responsible for the sotw and another for the written thats all.... Oh i see... I thought the mods will responsible for entirely Soul Sanctuary sections... Which 4 or 5 will be enough. =)

I vote also for blackgold (if want) and sanchiko for gfx mods... If they need it i would help to solve problem (dont need for me to be official mod). ^^

Prince and another member which need to choose for written mods. =) But i guess Prince for now is enough... Because has less participants.... And sure both gfx mods can help him too... So as team actually. For not stop any event here. =)

Just question... dark_9tails will be out... after all even after the problems... he demonstrated to be mature enough to keep going the event opening the submission thread and etc... I think could stay together with another new mods (if he wants of course). =)

Prince

Earth's Blessing
Staff member
I agree with vanesinger when it comes to multiple mods in one section.
I'm sure that sachi already knows what happens in SH when there is a shortage of mods
the SOTW starts late or they aren't finished by the deadline cause the mods don't have enough time
and then a major chaos fallows after that, so having multiple mods is a life saver...
For now the optimal number of mods would be 3-4 since where not sure if the admins might
keep some sections or not.
But it would be recommended that we get at least 2 GFX mods since that section almost never dies seeing that we have many talented people here ^.^
The writers lounge seems to be sleeping for now so I'm sure I can menage it somehow even when I don't have allot of time.
And I can also offer my help to the GFX mods when I don't have much to do ... The idea of working in a team sounds pretty neat >u< , I'm really looking forward to this ~!

Blackgold

The Loli Inspector
Staff member
Blackgold should be host... Hes pretty good at GFXing and he knows how to run the contests as well :)
Oh you are looking separately... the person only will responsible for the sotw and another for the written thats all.... Oh i see... I thought the mods will responsible for entirely Soul Sanctuary sections... Which 4 or 5 will be enough. =)

I vote also for blackgold (if want) and sanchiko for gfx mods... If they need it i would help to solve problem (dont need for me to be official mod). ^^
Well I wouldn't have a problem doing it if people are ok with that. I just wonder will we be going with Muffin's rules or Anime Tempest's rules? I'd actually prefer Slipstream Anime's rules for SOTW if you know what I mean.

Tempest

The Lotus Eater
Staff member
Having multiple hosts would be good in my opinion. This way the ones that would like to host get to host and if they want to participate as well and aren't comfortable with hosting at the same time, can pass the baton along to the other(s). There are many excellent candidates so that's a good sign. As for the rules of the competition, we should compare the AT, Muffin and SSA ones and come up with a concrete guideline. :)

vanesinger said:
Just question... dark_9tails will be out... after all even after the problems... he demonstrated to be mature enough to keep going the event opening the submission thread and etc... I think could stay together with another new mods (if he wants of course). =)
@dark_9tails is a she. XD
And yep, she's a responsible mod. That's why I chose her to be a GFX mod in the first place. Unfortunately though she's already decided to follow Emmie to GO, so I don't think she can help out here. Apologies for that.

Also, the format in which the competitions are run is up to the new host's discretion. So now we're pretty much going for a 3-mod system: 2 for the GFX section and 1 for writing. Prince will be the new writing mod, but I'm not sure as to which 2 of you will become GFX mod. I haven't been around long enough to see who is more fit for the job, so could you 4 (or 5 even) come to a consensus and decide on 2 of you, one to be a GFX mod with SOTW hosting as a sidejob, and another GFX mod who will mod the section in general?

Sentress

Urban Cinderella
I'd like to host, develop rules and such but if Sentress and Sachiko really want this I don't mind stepping down.
As do I. ^^ I was just trying to extend a hand in case there's a shortage in applicants, but I guess my application is not necessary since there are a lot of volunteers here. ^^;

:sachiko:

~*~ cookie keeper ~*~
@dark_9tails is a she. XD
And yep, she's a responsible mod. That's why I chose her to be a GFX mod in the first place. Unfortunately though she's already decided to follow Emmie to GO, so I don't think she can help out here. Apologies for that.

Also, the format in which the competitions are run is up to the new host's discretion. So now we're pretty much going for a 3-mod system: 2 for the GFX section and 1 for writing. Prince will be the new writing mod, but I'm not sure as to which 2 of you will become GFX mod. I haven't been around long enough to see who is more fit for the job, so could you 4 (or 5 even) come to a consensus and decide on 2 of you, one to be a GFX mod with SOTW hosting as a sidejob, and another GFX mod who will mod the section in general?
i would like to host the SOTW and the future GFX contests and be the GFX mod too >.<

BlackGold's help would be nice oor Prince's or Vane's

and the one hosting the SOTW should be able to join too right ;/ ?

Prince and another member which need to choose for written mods. =) But i guess Prince for now is enough... Because has less participants.... And sure both gfx mods can help him too... So as team actually. For not stop any event here. =)

thanks for the vote vane *O* comin from u its a honor xd

I agree with vanesinger when it comes to multiple mods in one section.
I'm sure that sachi already knows what happens in SH when there is a shortage of mods
the SOTW starts late or they aren't finished by the deadline cause the mods don't have enough time
and then a major chaos fallows after that, so having multiple mods is a life saver...
For now the optimal number of mods would be 3-4 since where not sure if the admins might
keep some sections or not.
But it would be recommended that we get at least 2 GFX mods since that section almost never dies seeing that we have many talented people here ^.^
The writers lounge seems to be sleeping for now so I'm sure I can menage it somehow even when I don't have allot of time.
And I can also offer my help to the GFX mods when I don't have much to do ... The idea of working in a team sounds pretty neat >u< , I'm really looking forward to this ~!
indeed on SH they have only 2 GFX mods and the sotw is always late ;/

dark_9tails

dark_9tailsノ(ಥ益ಥノ)
i would like to host the SOTW and the future GFX contests and be the GFX mod too >.<
Why don't you guys discuss among yourself to appoint who should be the gfx mod(s)? Maybe you guys could undergo a recruitment process where you'll have to submit extra information about how long you have been gfxing, how much time you spend on the forum, any experiences in modding, etc.
and the one hosting the SOTW should be able to join too right ;/ ?
Yes. Unless the rules have been changed, that is.

Sentress

Urban Cinderella
Why don't you guys discuss among yourself to appoint who should be the gfx mod(s)? Maybe you guys could undergo a recruitment process where you'll have to submit extra information about how long you have been gfxing, how much time you spend on the forum, any experiences in modding, etc.

Yes. Unless the rules have been changed, that is.
I was actually thinking about the same thing XD because usually when a forum is in need of staff, there's an application form (which includes random questions regarding the applicant's experience/personality/background etc; which is basically like a resume) and a trial process (some forum actually conducts interviews and such but that really depends on what section of the forum you're applying for) that goes for about a month or longer, testing the applicant's capacity to handle the job. ^^;

amandaluvsya

Kissing ZeroKnight's Neck
Staff member
I'm willing to do it since I hosted the one AT.

I actually PMed amandaluvsya before because she said she had hosting experience, but she hasn't replied yet, so I opened it to the rest.
I'm sorry for the late reply. I had an emergency in the family, a family member was in the hospital and I needed to take care of it. I don't mind co-owning as well with the previous person or others that are interested.

If i do, if someone could explain the rules of the SOTW to me a bit more as I only know the ones from AT. Thank you :)

@Sanae
@Hadriel
@Tempest
@Prince
@:Sachiko:
@dark_9tails
@Sentress
@Blackgold
@vanesinger

amandaluvsya

Kissing ZeroKnight's Neck
Staff member
@Blackgold: ah I see. Well.. I think it should try to be a combination of the forums. Sorta marry them all together as best as possible.