Looking for new SOTW and WOTF hosts!

Well, since the forum has been split, dark_9tails will be leaving for the new forum, and thus she can't host Signature Of The Week here any more. As for Writing Of The Fortnight, I was supposed to take over from Sanae for the next WOTF (around 19 October), but since the forum split, I'm leaving as well, thus we also need a new WOTF host.

I'm not sure if the AT forum had competitions like this before, but if you did, are the previous hosts willing to step up and replace us? That would be greatly appreciated. If not, then are any regulars here willing to step up? I can provide a guide for hosting the competitions if you are unsure. If anyone is interested, please reply here and/or PM me. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Oh yeah, don't worry, we won't leave the current competitions hanging. I'm ensuring that the host transition is as smooth as possible. ;)

Sentress

Urban Cinderella
So the job description is basically host the SOTW.. And nothing else? If that's the case I'm willing to help. ^^; Tis been a while since I hosted one myself. XD

So the job description is basically host the SOTW.. And nothing else? If that's the case I'm willing to help. ^^; Tis been a while since I hosted one myself. XD
Well, depending on the wishes of the admins on this forum, you may have to do general mod duties as a moderator for the GFX section. That, or the admins could hire separate GFX mods, but that's unlikely.

You know how to host them, right? Could you contact dark_9tails and tell her, so she can arrange how to handle the transition of hosting? Thanks!

Blackgold

The Loli Inspector
Staff member
I figured @amandaluvsya would become the GFX moderator since she was on AT. Also the rules are probably different as well. Depends on who becomes the new GFX mod I suppose. I'd be willing, but I like to participate in SOTW as well and I dunno how people feel about a host joining the contest.

I figured @amandaluvsya would become the GFX moderator since she was on AT. Also the rules are probably different as well. Depends on who becomes the new GFX mod I suppose. I'd be willing, but I like to participate in SOTW as well and I dunno how people feel about a host joining the contest.
I actually PMed amandaluvsya before because she said she had hosting experience, but she hasn't replied yet, so I opened it to the rest.

And over at MC people were pretty okay with hosts joining the contests, so I don't think it'll be a problem here.

Sentress

Urban Cinderella
Well, depending on the wishes of the admins on this forum, you may have to do general mod duties as a moderator for the GFX section. That, or the admins could hire separate GFX mods, but that's unlikely.

You know how to host them, right? Could you contact dark_9tails and tell her, so she can arrange how to handle the transition of hosting? Thanks!
Actually I would prefer just hosting the SOTW XD; and let the older members (I mean members who have been here for a reasonable amount of time) handle the general graphics section since I just joined here and it would feel awkward handling the forums with members and forum I still have to get familiar with. ^^; Not that I'm n00b when it comes to foruming (I have been a forumer for 8 years lol) and I have moderator/admin experience too, so yea. XD;

I don't think there's anything wrong with the host participating in the contest. I mean for me its perfectly fine. The more participants the better, ne? :3

Sanae

Staff member
Some things you have to remember when wanting to be a mod of the Soul Section:

1.) You must have experience (at least minimal) GFX experience (a bit of a given, but meh lol).
2.) Being the/a GFX mod doesn't mean you ONLY concentrate on hosting SOTW. You'll have to be sure you're willing to make GFX for the site when needed and make sets for members if no one else does.

If you choose to be a mod in the whole Soul Section (or w/e name it will be changed to):

1. You're also responsible for the writing section (if those remain in the same section..) as well. This includes WOTW

If you have another mod in your section:

1. Your job is NOT to mod the other mod. You're job is to have one another back and fill in for one another when the other cannot be around.

:sachiko:

~*~ cookie keeper ~*~
@Sanae: well i have experience in GFX, i am willing to make GFX for the site I already did that

I still think the writing Section should be separate but i will try my best to be responsible for that one too and i know a mod is not supposed to mod the other mod for the same section and that we should help each other

Sanae

Staff member
Good replies are good ^__^ If you know anyone who is into writing from the AT end, you should poke them this way ^__^