Legendary weapons around the world!

~Kitty~

Kitty pawns all!
Hey hey people.

The purpose of this thread is to do research! ok not research but I am a weapon lover(well not a collector I just like weapons)

So I was thinking can everyone of you share with me various legends and myths of weapons around the world?

A few legendary weapons I know of is

The unmissable spear Gungnir(I think its norse?)

Qing long dao from china.(Guan Yu's weapon)

And the famous Excalibur of king arthur(From english literature right?)

Well thats pretty much it...

So help me fill in the pages with awesome cool legendary weapons pls. :coolgrin:

PS:a wiki reference or any reference to the weapons legend would be appreciated.

Biomega

Net Ronin Of All Trades
Prophet Mohammad's Son in Law, Ali, had a sword forged in heaven by angels and given to him by Mohammad.

It's like an ordinary scimitar except it shone white and it was bifurcated(two tips instead of one). It is said to cut through the heaviest of armours. And even the one who got the blow wouldn't realise it until they turned around to see Ali.

The swords name is Zulfiqar. Where it is, nobody knows. Perhaps lost in some catacombs in Turkey.

Oh, Moi raced me to Masamune.

Wiki-refrence

I presume modern weaponry can't exactly be called legendary yeah? Plus Aker guy-named-after-futuristic-military-technology claims to not like anything more modern than muskets.

I'll see if I can come up with something.

~Kitty~

Kitty pawns all!
I really don't know a lot about these, but here's a few pages that might be interesting to you:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiku-ichimonji --- actually a collection of swords
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masamune --- a legendary sword smith

Also, were you thinking of just really old myths, or including myths about weapons that might be a bit more recent, like a winchester rifle or a pistol or something?

old new future..lol. As long as its got a tale to tell its cool.

The Keris Taming Sari is a very famous kris in Malay culture. It is the Malay equivalent of King Arthur's "Excalibur" and was supposedly owned by the legendary Chinese warrior Hang Tuah who served Sultan Mahmud Shah. It is said to possess magical powers. The keris was a prize from the Javanese kingdom of Majapahit to Hang Tuah after he fought and killed their supposedly invincible warrior named Taming Sari. The keris derives its name from the original owner.
According to legend, Hang Tuah, in the end, gave this Kris to Tun Mamat to be returned to Sultan Mahmud Shah 1488-1511 when he failed to bring back the Princess from Gunung Ledang. The Sultan had sent him there to bring the mythical Princess back to Malacca to be his queen. Hang Tuah then disappeared and was never seen or heard of again. Another version of the legend has it that Hang Tuah had thrown the keris into the river, saying that he would return when the keris re-appeared. This has led some to believe that the real Taming Sari has disappeared, like the legend of the sword Excalibur.