Landmarks of your city

Landmark: literally meant a geographic feature used by explorers and others to find their way back or through an area.

In modern usage, a landmark includes anything that is easily recognizable, such as a monument, building, or other structure. In American English it is the main term used to designate places that might be of interest to tourists due to notable physical features or historical significance. Landmarks in the British English sense are often used for casual navigation, such as giving directions.

definition is founded on wikipedia: click

This is how this will work, two options

1) write down the city you live in = the person below will guess what landmark is located there

OR

2) write down the landmark in your city = the person below will guess the city you live in

then follow by writing it again.

~*~*~*~*~​

Option #2:

Landmark: C.N Tower (next person need to guess what city i live in)

Let this game begin..!!!​

[quote name='PiFace314']Fort Bonifacio~[/QUOTE]

Taguig City, Metro Manila, Philippines

oooo. i was going to visit this summer there, but mom won't let me go.

alright,

Toronto, (other than the CN tower), what other landmarks.

ok, guesses on the last four above me, in order:

somewhere in the desert (sunagakure, maybe? lol)

london (easy, and it's in your signature)

um... tokyo

last one, sorry I got no idea. somewhere in central or south america?

well, here's landmarks for my current town: natural bridges, the boardwalk, lighthouse point, steamer lane

Im actually an expat, lived in the city where i live in almost all my life...landmark proably the most noticeable thing in the whole country.The tallest building in the world.

Biomega

Net Ronin Of All Trades
HOTLINKING TIMEZ!

Where I live, we have a few.

That's the Kuwait City's Liberty Tower. It had a rotating restaurant, but that's closed, and now it is used as communication tower. Whoever was the architecture, that building is influenced by 70s space age flick -- if you can tell. Reminds me of that Toronto tower.

====

From the Inside

That's Kuwait Towers. It's a set of three towers. One is just a solid tower, the other is a water resorvoir, and the third is a restaurant, lower part -- it performs a complete rotation every 30 minutes. The top part is an observatory.

======
Then we have the Marina Mall - obviously not the large mall, but the most popular one.

Unfortunately, I only scoured one pic from the inside dome.

Of course, there are hundred of other Malls on the same street. Many youngsters gather there. And as for Marina mall, there is a bridge between the main and the auxiliary mall(where there are mostly restaurant) that are set in front of a Marina(with boats and ships and stuff) and a beach of its own.

Of course, there is this its earlier counterpart. I forget its name.

I guess that's all I can think of right now about landmarks.

Nightmare Gear

de capa y espada

SF's Palace of Fine Arts on Lyon Street

of course didn't take the pic though but here's a vid of how it is in the dome.

[YOUTUBE]_V8utqpmD6c[/YOUTUBE]