Interest check: future black ops

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
Hey people

Well, I was sitting in the train a week ago and I suddenly had a idea for what I believe to be an awesome idea for an RP, but I want to know if you people think its a cool idea as well and if people would be interested in it.

So let me tell a bit about my idea.

Its set in the future where humanity has expanded across the stars. However, soon a number of colonies split off the main earth based government to start their own empire. Some are peaceful, a number are neutral and a few openly hostile against the old earth based government. One of these colonies [awesome name yet to be thought of] fell under the sway of a fascist movement and declared total war on the old earth empire. The frontline currently spans a number of colonies, but the earth government is preparing for an all out assault on the fascist main planet. However, before the main forces go in, they want to send in a black ops elite team that can clear the way by sabotaging planetary defenses, assassinate high ranking officials and wreak havoc in general.

That Black Ops team would be you, the player.

So, that is the background. Now the RP itself. I was thinking of having a limited number of players (say 10, that would make up a nice team I think, if that many people are interested at least). You guys would thus be dropped on a hostile planet where you can essentially do whatever you want, from blowing up planetary laser cannons to killing the entire government, or just decimating whole continents, whatever you guys feel like doing. And, to make things interesting, once in a while, I can present you targets of opportunity, optional side missions you guys could choose to pursue. Of course, doing such side missions would end up with rewards for those who participated.

Now to the powers part. Even though this is the future, humans are still humans. So, that means, no super powers like super speed, flying, etc. In fact, my idea was that I develop a list of skills you can choose a number of skills from to develop a character. Of course, during the RP you can unlock new skills, by, for example, doing the side missions I mentioned above. Anyways, my aim for limiting the kind of powers players can choose is because I feel that in a lot of RP's (at least the ones I ever did) players essentially have enough powers to play on their own. My aim is to make no player powerful enough so that he can operate effectively on his own (you are free to try though) and that people play this a bit as a team.

Anyways, this was my idea. What do you guys think?

Lily

Dead is the new alive.
I love it.

Yes yes and yes~

Especially because there are no superpowers involved. Sometimes I feel like RPers take the supernatural too far where they make their characters practically indistructable. Not even just physically but even emotionally xD So to have it on a more normal level (even with the whole colonies outerspace and stuff).

Not sure if I have time to join though T.T

ten seems like a very large number to manage... I'd be interested if there were fewer methinks... military sci-fi, when done well, is my favouritest genre!

Arachna

Spider
Staff member
How about you limit it to lets say a number of 5. For a start. That way you will not have to lead 2 different threads. Cos people always make groups.

Try it like that in start. After that you can always add a new "special team". If more people decide to join in, since it is interesting enough.

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
Thanks thanks.

Also, I will make all the proper and relevant threads when I got some more time. This week is gonna be hectic, but after that I should have some more time.