help! my dvd drive stoped burning!

about some time ago my dvd writer in my labtop stop burning dvds and i cant locet the proplem
i realy want some one to help me :dead: plezzzz

Nori

Man what's with people and DVD's these days. Second problem this week. You're going to have to give a little bit more information. You kinda just said it doesn't work. What laptop do you have and how old is it? What do you use to burn the DVDs? Did the software for the hardware get deleted?

Answer that for me and I may be able to help you out.

Entombment

Same. Also, some other info would help. Like what kind of DVD burner you use, also did it just stop all of a sudden or did something happen?

well its a simens labtop and its pretty old and i use nero to burn
as for the softwear it has not been deleted and it realy did it just stop all of a sudden
but there is one thing
when i use the windwos file burner the files can be sent to the dvdwriter but when i put a dvd disc
the files in the dvdwriter desapper but it comes back when i remove dvd disk
i think the proplem is some kind of a virus
but i hope you could help me

Entombment

Hmm, weird. All I can say is just too remove and reinstall the drivers for the burner. Because I highly doubt a virus would find it necessary to target a DVD burner

Though I've got my own DVD problems, I'm not too worried about it. Just the driver's seemed to tell my computer that my burner can only burn at 1x