God?

=/

I kinda grew out of it though, since I believe in Shinto and Celitc realigon more.

=/
me too, its like i internalize more of others teachings than my "own"...
like of karma, darma, etc...
em sure my relatives gonna be mad if theyll read this..... :sigh:
theyre such a follower... youth of christ, familia, things like that...

I dont believe in god.
If god do exist,i feel like im getting punished for nothing .
And if god exist i think he should help people more who really need it and the world needs big help too.

Well I believe in God.
It is a good thing to believe that someone is checking over you which will always protect u from the temptation of doing negative things...

Ok. I knoe this thread is kinda old but id lyk to add this regrding believing in god, religion or afterlife.
Its fr the book Eldest.
"a place where we are responsible for our own action, where we can be kind to one another bec we want to and bec its the right thing to do instead of being frightened into behaving by the thread of divine punishment."
"only do not ignore reality in order to comfort urself, for once you do, you make it easy for others to deceive you."

well, isnt it true? Ü

Just because this was brought back to life by a mod I don't mind responding.

I'm going to sum up a 12 page final paper into a paragraph so I'm sorry if everything isn't clear.

But I guess if I am reading what you are saying right it somewhat sums up my beliefs.
I am highly agnostic. Though I believe in truth of science I also believe in a god of some sort existing. and will change my beliefs to match that of reality. Though due to my uncertainty about what god is I do not fear retribution for my actions though I believe it is best to be good from the standpoint of how I would like people to be to me no mater how cliche that sounds.
Also in terms of the after life I think there is more out there since I can't wrap my mind around just death. The best way to describe the feeling I have when I try to image there only being death is fear

So due to just a cliche belief I take my own actions into consideration and take responsibility but I don't deny whats right before my eyes despite belief in the divine

Scribe

Insomniac`^
Ok my description of god:
I do not believe in a "God" or many "gods". I believe these are fables to simplify the unnameable. Because once you name it, or you assign an emotion, thought or felling or anything else it becomes illusive. It is not "god" it is what you said it is. There is no way of encompassing everything in an over simplified word such as "god"... The new age ideas coming out are as close as most people will get to understanding a systematical path to get to god (Religion); one of the new ideas that i keep hearing is that god is in everyone, everything and is everyone and everything...
This I believe is the closest we can get to "describing" god. Divine consciousness, divine awareness and divine compassion are also beautiful descriptions. But take the reality of what it actually is away.

Too many people believe their "god" or system to get to god is correct. You can not name infinity, or make a system to encompass all of the systems; here in lies the problem, people forget this. They believe there is a personified version of themselves or a man with a beard in the clouds. How pathetic is that. Angels and demons resided in your head, that is the world of fact. No demons posses you to do evil or angles posses you to do good. You may have some kind of archetype in your head of the form of god: Hindus have one, Buddhists have one, Christians, Jews etc etc.

If you live and do good things: For the whole of humanity, not for your ego, or self gain (money or popularity) out of compassion, awareness and sensitivity for ALL living things. Good things will "happen" to you. You will feel happy, be happy and most of all you will acknowledge the demons are only in your thoughts and actions