Dream of Mirrors (RP)

RabidChoco

C O U R I E R S I X
(Sign-ups, OOC here)

Rumors speak of a city of crystal that appears in the valley where the mountains meet the desert. A vast city, with glittering spires, but not a soul in the streets...
Each of you, for your own reasons, has been drawn to this place, this City of Mirrors. Here you will see reflections of what might have been, and what yet may be. But beware of your reflection, one of you as you are... the Reflection resents the Real... Can you escape the Dream, before it turns to a Nightmare?

Taylor Hiss hefted himself up the ridge where the city of rumor awaited. He was on a case, looking for someone's family member that got it in his head that treasure was in this ghost town. He shaded his eyes with an arm, the sunlight reflecting off the buildings way too bright, though the air here was inexplicably cooler than the desert below. Nobody had bothered to mention the ridge, otherwise he would have been able to take the motorbike in. Ah well, he mused, checking the blade in its sheath strapped to his back. With any luck, he'd be in and out before he woke anything up.

Lovely.

Hiatus-Land
"How absolutely boring," the girl breathed. Nothing had been happening at all, it wasn't like anything extremely interesting ever happened in this desert town, but usually there was something. Today, nothing. She sighed again, "Maybe I'll just go find that town I was heard about yesterday.." she muttered.

The day before, Kayla was at the local market when she heard a group of people talking about a glittering-ly bright mirror city. A lot of rumors surrounded the city, it was full of mysteries. To most people, it was just part of the town folk-lore, a tale. But a man claimed to had seen it, no one believed him. He was one of the few 'crazy' people that resided here, the type that would spew nonsense 24-hours a day.

Kayla wasn't one to believe in those things, she never had. Sure, she loved listening to stories like that, but they were just stories, nothing more. Today was different, there wasn't a single thing to do, so why not? Why not just go and test the man's sanity, to see if he was right? It couldn't hurt, it was just a city, she didn't have to go in if she did encounter it. Besides, what were the chances of there actually being a city? And if there was one, then it wouldn't be just a tale in the first place.

So, as a result of the lack of interesting things, Kayla ventured out into the desert to find this mirror city. She didn't bring much with her, after all, she didn't plan on staying for long. She took with her a small knapsack with food and water, changed into more fitting clothes, and grabbed her belt. Then she was off.

Cornelia Krauss had walked among the oldest parts of town. She was one of the bartenders that worked parttime to gain enough cash to pay the rent of her small flat down in the projects. Still, she wanted more. She had considered her life as miserrable and just a reflection of what she could have been. I should have finished the school, but no... I decided that I wanted to be a biker and a gang member. She always reminded her that. She wanted to place her own bar in the city, so that she could turn to make a normal life. Her dream was almost fullfilled when a man told her that in the desert, the mirror city turns all your wishes true and shows you what your life could have been. It turns that reflection into the truth. She decided to follow her dreams and now she finds herself, in the desert, at the entrance of the mirror city