Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion

y0l3itches

llvlloonshine
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion

Story: On August 10th, 2010, a.t.b., the Holy Empire of Britannia overpowered Japanese forces and conquered the country with their robotic weapons, the Knightmare Frames, in less than a month. Japan lost its freedom and rights and was renamed Area 11. The Japanese people, renamed as "Elevens", were forced to survive in ghettos, while Britannians lived in first-class settlements. Rebel elements persisted, however, as pockets of Japanese organizations who struggled against the Empire for the independence of Japan.

After his father, the Emperor of Britannia, did nothing to pursue the terrorists who murdered his mother and crippled his sister, the young prince named Lelouch vowed to destroy Britannia. Seven years later, living in Area 11, he encounters a mysterious girl who gives him the power of Geass. With it, he finally has the power that he needs to defeat Britannia and fulfill his two wishes: to seek revenge for his mother and to construct a world in which his beloved sister can live happily. (Wikipedia)

Storyline: He does get a power that can change the world but he does tests on his powers. This storyline is very very similar to Deathnote when they are trying out there abilities. His power can kill people if he says his command, but its usually a 1 line command and can't be used twice. He has a goal to defeat Britannia and he says that his power can make his goal faster. His mother died and the father did nothing about it and he is very angry at him. His sister is blind and in a wheelchair. Making the people of japan to be called a number is very embarassing and annoying so there are alot of tension between the people from japan and the japanese people that joined Britannia. Most of the people are contradicting themselfs by joining Britannia inorder to make Japan a better place. 8/10

Characters: The characters don't go very indept into there past. The development of the characters is a bit strange because anyone involved with Lelouch meets sadness in a way. Lelouch manipulates everyone including himself to get the job done and its painful to watch some of these events. Many things happen during these battles and he does win most of them with his army. Its pretty ironic to see what he is trying to accomplish and the things he lives for, for his sister and his friend. 8/10

Music: Its decent.. enought said, I didn't really listen to the music but the OP and ED where pretty okay.... 8/10

Overall: I enjoyed watching this anime if you like mechs and mind games. It is very entertaining to watch another anime like Deathnote but this guy only wants revenge, not to rule the world so his resolve is very weak. 8/10

YouTube - Code Geass AMV - The Path of Regret

Last edited:
I watched the first few episodes and the main character is a total Yagami Light from Death Note. He seems really sweet to alot of characters in the anime, but later... I won't say anymore :p. But i love the relationship between him and his sister, its very sweet.

I found this a nice anime but i didnt have much time to watch it :(

I love this anime, nice review.

I always saw the similarities with Lulu and Light but for me i always hated light but love Lulu lol, btw season two starts in April.

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia
One of the most awesome anime there is. It leaves Death Note and TTGL (overrated anyway) far behind. Second season should be the most awaited thing by everyone.

<3 ambitious geniuses~