Child Pageants

Core

Fascinating...
Good, so did I. In either case, it depends on the maturity of your brain and in either case it would mean that the average brain growth in America is slower then in Europe and I dont buy that without seeing some proof first.

Alright Americans, whats the average number of girlfriends or boyfriends an American teen has before he turns 18?

Also, 4-5 girlfriends? Maybe the popular guys. I doubt that is average. But, since you start quoting numbers, give me sources.

Well, in my environment people still care about their looks and how they are perceived. Maybe a little bit less then when they were younger, but its not like they just stopped giving a shit.

And no one considers 16 year olds to be young adults. Nor do they think 18 year olds are adults (except the law). Its closer to 18 being a young adult and 20-21 being an actual adult. But everyone knows that 16-17 years olds are still as mature as 15 year olds.

Just out of a curiosity.

When did you lose your virginity?

Where in the NL did you attend school?

And finally on a scale of 1 to 10 how well traveled were you by the time you were 18?(And I am not looking for your vacation time I am looking to see if you actually attended schools in different parts of the world Cause I know how stubborn and ingrown some of you dutch people are and I finally want to know what your malfunction is)

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
I never denied that Im speaking out of personal experience here only, and Im sure there are plenty of cultural differences between different countries.

However, you are A) treating Europe as a cultural unity, while Europe consists of a lot of different cultures B) you cite specific numbers and percentages, I want proof you didnt just invent them yourself. Seeing your reputation I highly doubt you actually *have* any research that backs you up on the numbers. But by all means, prove me wrong, I will happily admit defeat if you got some actual research that supports your numbers.

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
Good job, you have actually backed up something...oh wait. Hmm you backed up what exactly with that source? That Europeans dont care about their looks? Hmm no, that doesnt get mentioned. The amount of girlfriends/boyfriends a girl has on average in Europe or America? Hmm, nope, it just mentions the average percentage of teens getting laid before they turn 19. But you (or I) never made any claims about that.

Sorry, I still dont see any evidence that supports the Europeans dont care about how they are perceived statistic or the average number of semi serious relationships.

Core

Fascinating...
http://www.questia.com/googleScholar.qst?docId=5000271329

http://www.annualreviews.org/doi/abs/10.1146/annurev.ps.46.020195.001405

Same thing but I cant seem to find the full version without you having to pay for it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Adolescent-Experience-Adolescents-Monographs-Adolescence/dp/0805825525

Decent enough book.

http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/samples/cam033/2002025928.pdf

My biggest issue is finding the concurrent information online. Not because it does not exist but everytime you want me to prove something it has to be SUPER SPECIFIC! AND COMPLETELY UNRELATED!
Cannot be a youtube link, cannot be a wiki link, has to be a thesis paper. Has to have been conducted by actual Ph D peeps.

So why dont you think long and hard before you start bitching about my reputation. You have never offered sources before in your life and ignore large parts of the argument. In my case everything is connected and you dissect it requiring individual proof.

You realize thats cherrypicking right?

Up until now I have largely stayed away from being as anal retentive as you are when it comes to arguments but I have no problem with pointing out the amount of logical fallacies you claim on a daily basis.

From here on out I will take a step back from discussing and mostly comment on peoples mistakes invalidating part or their entire argument. Thank you.

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
http://www.questia.com/googleScholar.qst?docId=5000271329

http://www.annualreviews.org/doi/abs/10.1146/annurev.ps.46.020195.001405

Same thing but I cant seem to find the full version without you having to pay for it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Adolescent-Experience-Adolescents-Monographs-Adolescence/dp/0805825525

Decent enough book.

http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/samples/cam033/2002025928.pdf

My biggest issue is finding the concurrent information online. Not because it does not exist but everytime you want me to prove something it has to be SUPER SPECIFIC! AND COMPLETELY UNRELATED!
Cannot be a youtube link, cannot be a wiki link, has to be a thesis paper. Has to have been conducted by actual Ph D peeps.

So why dont you think long and hard before you start bitching about my reputation. You have never offered sources before in your life and ignore large parts of the argument. In my case everything is connected and you dissect it requiring individual proof.

You realize thats cherrypicking right?

Up until now I have largely stayed away from being as anal retentive as you are when it comes to arguments but I have no problem with pointing out the amount of logical fallacies you claim on a daily basis.

From here on out I will take a step back from discussing and mostly comment on peoples mistakes invalidating part or their entire argument. Thank you.
Well well, sorry for being skeptical. I always thought skepticism was appreciated by people with a decent education. But no, its not appreciated if it is used against them and their views.

Really, I wouldnt have bothered asking you for evidence, but since you started giving rather specific numbers, isnt it only fair of me to assume you must have either got them from somewhere or that you just tried to bluff your way through? If I start quoting specific numbers you can ask me of a source as well. And if I dont provide them, go ahead and criticize me for it, you wouldnt be the first.

And btw, no, Im fine with accepting a Wiki entry.

Core

Fascinating...
but im not interested in making this a debate about PROOF PROOF PROOF

I would be fine with it if you just asked for the specific numbers like Diede did but you didnt, you wanted the numbers + cross analysis and then start the ad hominum you always pull out.

The last link provided has all the information you need... albeit in a 500 page form. There is not quick graph because there are so many factors contributing to it its insane. And yes teen pregnancy is at its highest in the US this does not contradict what I said at all. Since it is directly tied into the US being sexually repressed and it being a bigger taboo there then here.

And to me the issue was not that you asked for proof. I would have tried to find what I have on paper online. But you phrased it as you phrase alot of your counter arguments: Ad Hominum.

I always try to keep other subjects from bleeding through into different topics. But look! you dont. You speak of reputation and how others perceive you and how others might discredit you.. WHO CARES seriously.

No I think its time I become a whole lot stricter in what kind of structure I expect from you if you want to discuss with me. Feel free to do the same to me.

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
I would be fine with it if you just asked for the specific numbers like Diede did but you didnt, you wanted the numbers + cross analysis and then start the ad hominum you always pull out.
"Also, 4-5 girlfriends? Maybe the popular guys. I doubt that is average. But, since you start quoting numbers, give me sources."
Thats what I asked. How is that asking for a whole report on it? I just asked the source of those numbers?

And to me the issue was not that you asked for proof. I would have tried to find what I have on paper online. But you phrased it as you phrase alot of your counter arguments: Ad Hominum.
"Also, 4-5 girlfriends? Maybe the popular guys. I doubt that is average. But, since you start quoting numbers, give me sources."
How is that an Ad Hominum?

"However, you are A) treating Europe as a cultural unity, while Europe consists of a lot of different cultures B) you cite specific numbers and percentages, I want proof you didnt just invent them yourself. Seeing your reputation I highly doubt you actually *have* any research that backs you up on the numbers. But by all means, prove me wrong, I will happily admit defeat if you got some actual research that supports your numbers."
The last part is an Ad Hominum. Then again, by then I already asked you twice for sources and you didnt provide any. Instead, you asked me some questions, circumventing my question to you and ended it with this:

"Cause I know how stubborn and ingrown some of you dutch people are and I finally want to know what your malfunction is"
An accusation that I have a 'malfunction'. And you say Im all about Ad Hominum's?

I always try to keep other subjects from bleeding through into different topics. But look! you dont. You speak of reputation and how others perceive you and how others might discredit you.. WHO CARES seriously.
Well, it wouldnt be the first time Ive asked you for proof and I get nothing from you.

Also, I have no idea what you mean with the part right after 'reputation'...

Core

Fascinating...
1. "Also, 4-5 girlfriends? Maybe the popular guys. I doubt that is average. But, since you start quoting numbers, give me sources."
Thats what I asked. How is that asking for a whole report on it? I just asked the source of those numbers?

2. "Also, 4-5 girlfriends? Maybe the popular guys. I doubt that is average. But, since you start quoting numbers, give me sources."
How is that an Ad Hominum?

3. "However, you are A) treating Europe as a cultural unity, while Europe consists of a lot of different cultures B) you cite specific numbers and percentages, I want proof you didnt just invent them yourself. Seeing your reputation I highly doubt you actually *have* any research that backs you up on the numbers. But by all means, prove me wrong, I will happily admit defeat if you got some actual research that supports your numbers."
The last part is an Ad Hominum. Then again, by then I already asked you twice for sources and you didnt provide any. Instead, you asked me some questions, circumventing my question to you and ended it with this:

4. "Cause I know how stubborn and ingrown some of you dutch people are and I finally want to know what your malfunction is"
An accusation that I have a 'malfunction'. And you say Im all about Ad Hominum's?

5. Well, it wouldnt be the first time Ive asked you for proof and I get nothing from you.

Also, I have no idea what you mean with the part right after 'reputation'...
1. Nope asking for those sources was very cogent and reasonable.

2. Didnt say that was. But citing previous reputation is.

3. A) And the culture in the US is exactly the same in every state and city?
B) You also didnt answer those questions. Like you never do but all I wanted to prove was that you were speaking from personal experience so whether or not I asked some questions do you have any idea how often you circumvent my arguments?
Do you want me to go through every topic and make a list? -.-
I mean I would do it if it actually meant a change in behavior on your part but on the one hand you seem like you can be reasoned with and on the other you act very loosely with your control over the amount of fallacies your pump out. Which is why you will have to put it in writing that me actually doing work will amount to a change in your behavior and I will. I will point out every single mistake you have ever made on this forum.

4. Yes true that one was ad hominum... wait a second.. no it wasnt.. I never specifically said you had a malfunction nor did I imply you were stubborn and ingrown and I never said a malfunction was a bad thing.
I once had a malfunctioning window, which was awesome cause it opened way further then it should have!

ARE YOU GODDAMNED FUCKING SERIOUS!? ARE YOU FUCKING REFERRING TO THE GODDAMN DEBT BASED CURRENCY CRAP AGAIN YOU WHINEY LITTLE GODDAMN PINHEAD!? WHERE NO MATTER WHAT FUCKING SOURCE I LISTED YOU DESCREDITED ALL OF THEM ON THE FACT THAT THEY DIDNT HAVE A GODDAMN Ph.D THESIS PAPER ON IT ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME IS THAT THE GODDAMN INCIDENT YOU WERE FUCKING REFERRING TO?

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
3. A) And the culture in the US is exactly the same in every state and city?
B) You also didnt answer those questions. Like you never do but all I wanted to prove was that you were speaking from personal experience so whether or not I asked some questions do you have any idea how often you circumvent my arguments?
Do you want me to go through every topic and make a list? -.-
I mean I would do it if it actually meant a change in behavior on your part but on the one hand you seem like you can be reasoned with and on the other you act very loosely with your control over the amount of fallacies your pump out. Which is why you will have to put it in writing that me actually doing work will amount to a change in your behavior and I will. I will point out every single mistake you have ever made on this forum.
Not exactly the same, but the differences are negligible compared to cultural differences in the Europe. Seeing how Europe consists of a whole bunch of different countries, each with a completely different historical background that stretches back to Roman times or earlier.

And did you really have to try and prove that I was speaking from personal experience when I stated it like 10 times already in this topic?

4. Yes true that one was ad hominum... wait a second.. no it wasnt.. I never specifically said you had a malfunction nor did I imply you were stubborn and ingrown and I never said a malfunction was a bad thing.
I once had a malfunctioning window, which was awesome cause it opened way further then it should have!
<_<

Right.....

ARE YOU GODDAMNED FUCKING SERIOUS!? ARE YOU FUCKING REFERRING TO THE GODDAMN DEBT BASED CURRENCY CRAP AGAIN YOU WHINEY LITTLE GODDAMN PINHEAD!? WHERE NO MATTER WHAT FUCKING SOURCE I LISTED YOU DESCREDITED ALL OF THEM ON THE FACT THAT THEY DIDNT HAVE A GODDAMN Ph.D THESIS PAPER ON IT ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME IS THAT THE GODDAMN INCIDENT YOU WERE FUCKING REFERRING TO?
No, I wasnt referring to that one actually. Although I suppose you could count it. I mean seriously, I didnt need a Ph.D thesis paper, but youtube? Come on, if there is one place less reliable then Wikipedia when it comes to finding your sources its youtube.

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
When Wikileaks posted the infamous video of reporters killed by the U.S. helicopter, does it become unreliable due to it was posted in Youtube?
When Finkelstein made his speech at the UN, listing Israeli war crimes, does it become unreliable due to it was posted in Youtube?
When Hawkings gave a lecture about theoretical physics and it was posted in Youtube, does it become unreliable due to it?

Youtube is a media, the validity of a source lies in the source itself and has nothing to do with Youtube.

Core

Fascinating...
Not exactly the same, but the differences are negligible compared to cultural differences in the Europe. Seeing how Europe consists of a whole bunch of different countries, each with a completely different historical background that stretches back to Roman times or earlier.

And did you really have to try and prove that I was speaking from personal experience when I stated it like 10 times already in this topic?

1. "Not exactly the same" Not very sciency but ok
"but the differences are negligible compared to the cultural differences in Europe."
Can you cite me a source on this?
Cause I can promise you Every state has its own laws and regulation its own peacekeeping, its own dialect, culturre and people.

If you are speaking from personal experience then my questions werent circumventing anything. I am allowed to ad hominum your experiences when that is the ARGUMENT you use.

Because you then are the SOLE interpreter of those events I have the right to ask for those events and draw my own conclusions.

I have just been informed by Mr Potato head that nothing I say here will make any difference and I have more important things to do.

Congratulations lexus. Youve won.

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
When Wikileaks posted the infamous video of reporters killed by the U.S. helicopter, does it become unreliable due to it was posted in Youtube?
When Finkelstein made his speech at the UN, listing Israeli war crimes, does it become unreliable due to it was posted in Youtube?
When Hawkings gave a lecture about theoretical physics and it was posted in Youtube, does it become unreliable due to it?

Youtube is a media, the validity of a source lies in the source itself and has nothing to do with Youtube.
Hmm, good point. However, in Core's case it was a home made video by someone explaining Fractional Reserve Banking. Not exactly reliable.

1. "Not exactly the same" Not very sciency but ok
"but the differences are negligible compared to the cultural differences in Europe."
Can you cite me a source on this?
Cause I can promise you Every state has its own laws and regulation its own peacekeeping, its own dialect, culturre and people.
Of course, every state has its own culture and dialect. But notice the word dialect already. Europe has I believe 21 different languages. America has 1 language with a whole bunch of dialects. What cultural difference is bigger, different dialect or a different language?

Europe doesnt really have a European identity. Hell, the EU is founded on the motto of unity in diversity or something like that. IT SPECIFICALLY MENTIONS THE DIVERSITY IN EUROPE. And what say the Americans? They say their oath of allegiance. They say this "I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all." Yes, it says unity. Unity in the sense that there is some overall culture, some overall idea, some overall identity for every single American.

And just take a look at their tv. MTV, Hollywood, CNN or FOX News. Its everywhere in America. And its popular everywhere. But how often do you see a Dutch singer succeed in the rest of Europe? Thats right, never. How often do you see a French singer succeed in the rest of Europe? Almost never. UK artists? They are a little more successful, but also not that much. Germans? They have Rammstein, and thats pretty much it. There is simply no European cultural identity. The Dutch are Dutch, the Germans are Germans, and all they have in common is that they are on the same continent and part of the same political union.

As for sources, Im afraid youll have to read a book. Europe. A cultural history, By professor Rietbergen

That or follow European Studies at the Maastricht University. First course. They will explain nicely that there is no common European identity.