Bleach Weekly Discussion

Bleach Chapter 360 - Deathberry Returns 2

After a week hiatus, Bleach returned this week with an amazing air of expectation after the manner in which the last chapter ended. :*_*:
From a personal perpective, it was a very good chapter. Rukia's return provided some much-need humour.
Bleach always had a way of including a funny scene in the middle of a potentially dangerous situation.
It kills of any building tension and goes a long way to helping set a lighter tone. Rukia always came across as a violent person but at times she can be very understanding and appear as Ichigo's mentor at times. I may be wrong but this is the impression that I get.
It's because of these things that I found the chapter to be excellent.
These elements marked the return of Bleach to its true nature, hence the name of the chapter (Deathberry Returns):awwn:.
With regard to the plot, nothing much happened. Rukia explained how she and other high-level Shinigami poured their reiatsu into a special sword that they used to restore Ichigo's Shinigami powers. In addtion, the Shinigami finally made their return, which I thought was pretty cool.
While some people may note that there was not much of a battle in the chapter, one can't help but feel hopeful that the new arc is starting to become rather exciting again.

What are your thoughts on the chapter? Feel free to post your opinions. :peace:

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia
Sigh, I really dislike the whole plot. Now most of the Shinigami he knew came and shared their power with him? Yeah... I thought captains had better things to do. Plus he's fighting an enemy, and all they'll do will be just watch. If any of them says "I believe in Ichigo," I will go to Japan and shoot Kubo myself. Plus all the "villains" that were built for couple chapters, sigh. He'll probably spare them and will be forgotten in the next arc. Or get a cameo with "I believe in you."

The only nice thing I found in the current "filler" arc is a new touch to Ichigo's costume.

It turns out that Ginjo was the first subsitute Shinigami. It was not surprising as his first appearance had him holding the familar badge. The Captain Commander, alongside the Shinigami, seem to be very fond of Ichigo by going as far as to break their own laws to restore his powers.
Overall not a bad chapter, I just wish that the battles could start already! Hopefully that will happen in the next chapter. :sigh:

Pimp

Follower of kiyology
I think i only read bleach now because i put so much time into getting to this point i have to see the ending even if it flames out!

I bet there's something in the past few hundred chapters which suggests that there wasn't/couldn't be any other substitute shinigami before Ichigo.

Still, not a bad chapter.

Pimp

Follower of kiyology
[MENTION=55]Hadriel[/MENTION] no that is one thing they kept consistent that there might have been another substitute but they never went in depth with it till now.

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia
Just... no.

I think Bleach run out of ideas during the Aizen vs Captains fight and prolonging it for so long was just proof. He couldn't even come up with new bankais, and if nothing new is shown now, I officially declare this a filler manga arc.

Bleach 462 : Why me sad? (Spoiler Alert)

The chapter started out with Ichigo learning that the whole Sub-Shinigami laws were bought about for Ginjo. It was becuase of him (Ginjo) that Soul Society had "Substitute Shinigami"s.
Inoue and Chad then appeared only to be knocked unconscious and carried off by Isshin and Urahara. Tsukishima used his Fullbring on them again. It appears that the minds of the victims of Tsukishima's Fullbring become shattered as he uses his fullbring more on them. I was kinda disappointed with that (they were carried away) because it would have been interesting had they also became involved in the fight. Perhaps fighting against Ichigo and the Shinigami perhaps? It would have been an interesting challenge for Ichigo (fighting against his friends).

There is one thing that Kubo Tite did manage to answer this week and that is the role that the other "Fullbringers" have in the plot. When Ginjo turned out to be a villain too, I began wondering what role they had in his scheme. It would appear that all the Fullbringers wanted to share Ichigo's powers (which happened). All of them seemed pretty buffed up so it lends the question of what was the full extent of Ichigo's fullbring to augment their powers to such an extent?

It seems that there will be an all-out war in the following weeks. I am still sceptical of whether the "Fullbringers" pose any real threat as not all Captains are present (Unlike against Aizen & Co.). Even so, it should prove for an entertaining read(s) as we may get to see if the Shinigami's powers have improved since their last battles.

I give the chapter 3/5 overall... :smart:

What were your thoughts? ;please;

noex1337

Emmie was here
Yeah, I didn't like it. Although i was surprised ginjo actually shared the power instead of keeping it all for himself, but still....... didn't like it. Although i thought the title was pretty lulzy, "Why me sad?"

Haha I thought so too, the title was kinda odd. I think the issue with the chapter titles is that they are translated into English which means contextual meaning may be lost. Something more to the like of the "Lost in translation" cliche!
I also thought Ginjo would keep the power to himself. I think the whole Fullbring Arc was a filler intended to restore Ichigo's powers.

noex1337

Emmie was here
Haha I thought so too, the title was kinda odd. I think the issue with the chapter titles is that they are translated into English which means contextual meaning may be lost. Something more to the like of the "Lost in translation" cliche!
I also thought Ginjo would keep the power to himself. I think the whole Fullbring Arc was a filler intended to restore Ichigo's powers.
Reminds me of that last time he lost his powers (Season 2 of the anime), except it was more entertaining.

[MENTION=1530]Mthunzi Booi[/MENTION]

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia
Chatrooms, ok...

At least Kenpachi managed to save the chapter somehow. It's still a stupid and meaningless chapter, and arc, since after it's done, no one will even act as if they ever existed.