Best Free MMO

amanda

Hey, just wondering what free MMO games people play. I've been hitting the MMO scene hard lately, looking for something new. Got anything cool to share?

B StAR

2D Complex.
I play RF Online and Archlord, they are not bad... The problem with the free MMO's is 1. You need lots of free time or 2. You need lots of real life money. They get you by offering better items and such so to balance it out you either have to grind harder or buy stuff :(

Serph

I am The Light
Rfonline is pretty good but if you like the controls like wow then its not so good guild wars is ok too you just buy the game no mouthy money you have to give to them. >.>I love Archlord thats a good game but same thing with the controls but its better then rfonline controls

Last edited:
The only thing I didn't like with Guild Wars is with every expansion you pretty much have to start over. Plus the level cap is like 20, after a week of playing your done. It was more designed for PvP play which is nice if you like that i guess.

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia
Archlord was a pretty nice standard MMO based on grinding. And yeah, grinding... not a really tempting thing. Perfect World seems nice as well but I've been playing it only for couple hours so far.

Scribe

Insomniac`^
Yeah i've played nearly every free one out there, i'm not currently playing any like i said.
But i just found one that got a shyt review on Somethingawful.com and decided i'd download and check it out for myself.

It's called Dark and Light. Free to play.
15,000sq miles of server to run around with NO loading time on it :)

Perfect world was a game i was going to download awhile back but i was over the whole grinding aspect.
Since then i've played about 2 or 3 korean mmorpg style grind/hack n slash mmorpgs.
Extremely the same, extremely boring, but there are cool aspects in some of these games, just not enough to keep you playing :(

Serph

I am The Light
same here i tired mostly every mmorpg that is free most of them had bad controls or game play sucked.

I played dark and light well tired to install i couldn't install it for some odd reason >_> i gave up on it.

this game had good controls and game play i played the beta not bad at all http://shaiya.aeriagames.com/

Scribe

Insomniac`^
HAHAHA; my problem isn't installing it, i've downloaded and patched it.
It's the fact that i read somewhere last night that it dosn't support ATI Graphics cards only nVidia; i mean WTF!!!! Why make a game that only supports one kind of graphics card.
What a joke/waste of my ATI RADEON X300 :(

Scribe

Insomniac`^
I wouldn't say i have a fast pc, but i wouldn't say it's slow.
I'll download it tomorrow since i just spent 1.5GB's of bandwidth downloading that other game. What a joke haha.

Already over my limit by heaps XD