Based on Japanese Mythology

Naruto of the big three is the most heavily influenced by Japanese culture. Let me give you an example.

There once were two gods Izanagi and Izanami. (Shinto gods) Izanagi together with his sister and wife Izanami created the islands and all other deities of Japan.

Obviously anyone who knows much about their famous stories will recall this one. It begins when Izanami gives birth to Kagutsuchi (Fire god) and dies. Izanagi then travels to Yomi (The Underworld) to rescue Izanami, he finds her and proceeds to escape from Yomi. Izanagi, however, was not to look upon Izanami until after they escaped from Yomi. Before reaching the exit to Yomi, Izanagi looks upon Izanami's decayed corpse.

Terrified Izanagi flees from Yomi and blocks the cave granting entrance. Izanami then curses Izanagi saying that she will kill 1,000 people a day. Izanagi retorts that 1,500 people will be born a day. After his failed attempt to rescue Izanami from Yomi, he washes himself of the vileness of Yomi that clung to him and of his sins in a stream. He washes his left eye and Amaterasu was born then his right which gives birth to Tsukuyomi. Finally after washing his nose, Susano'o was born.

Also something to note Itachi used Amaterasu from his right eye and Tsukuyomi from his left. Sasuke on the other hand uses them from the proper eye as is told in the story, meaning his Amaterasu is activated from his left eye and Tsukuyomi from his right.

Note: There are a few alternate stories to their orgin, but this is the most common and well known. Which also leads me to suspect that when we see Madara do battle he will have an ability called Izanami to keep with the mythology so much of the Uchiha are based off of.

[quote name='Madara Eternal Mangekyo']Naruto of the big three is the most heavily influenced by Japanese culture. Let me give you an example.

There once were two gods Izanagi and Izanami. (Shinto gods) Izanagi together with his sister and wife Izanami created the islands and all other deities of Japan.

Obviously anyone who knows much about their famous stories will recall this one. It begins when Izanami gives birth to Kagutsuchi (Fire god) and dies. Izanagi then travels to Yomi (The Underworld) to rescue Izanami, he finds her and proceeds to escape from Yomi. Izanagi, however, was not to look upon Izanami until after they escaped from Yomi. Before reaching the exit to Yomi, Izanagi looks upon Izanami's decayed corpse.

Terrified Izanagi flees from Yomi and blocks the cave granting entrance. Izanami then curses Izanagi saying that she will kill 1,000 people a day. Izanagi retorts that 1,500 people will be born a day. After his failed attempt to rescue Izanami from Yomi, he washes himself of the vileness of Yomi that clung to him and of his sins in a stream. He washes his left eye and Amaterasu was born then his right which gives birth to Tsukuyomi. Finally after washing his nose, Susano'o was born.

Also something to note Itachi used Amaterasu from his right eye and Tsukuyomi from his left. Sasuke on the other hand uses them from the proper eye as is told in the story, meaning his Amaterasu is activated from his left eye and Tsukuyomi from his right.

Note: There are a few alternate stories to their orgin, but this is the most common and well known. Which also leads me to suspect that when we see Madara do battle he will have an ability called Izanami to keep with the mythology so much of the Uchiha are based off of.[/QUOTE]

Well,I have read this story like 10 times already in the last few months though others did not usually bother to put it in such a detailed way...LOL

and such an obvious fact like Naruto being hugely based on Japanese mythology should really not suprise anyone...