[Anime] Yakitate!! Japan

Y

y0l3itches

Yakitate!! Japan

Yakitate!! Japan - "Freshly Baked!! Ja-pan" (pan means bread)

Genres: Action, Comedy, Drama

Summary: Azuma Kazuma isn't terribly clever, but he's got a good heart and great skill at baking. Since childhood, he's been on a quest to create the perfect bread to represent Japan internationally. Now, he seeks to enter the famous bakery Pantasia, in hopes of reaching his goal.

Storyline: Azuma also possesses the legendary Solar Hands. These hands are warmer than normal human hand temperature, and allow the dough to ferment faster. This gives him some advantage as baking bread which is explained in the anime many times. He is first applied to be a baker in Pantasia and quits before he got the job and got an offer for a job in a lower chain of Pantasia. The story is like a chain of tournaments that he enters to reflect his baking skills and protect the name of Pantasia. The story is full of outrageous puns and play on words. To top of off the reactions of the judges that tastes the bread are also outrageous. 8/10

Graphics: The drawings for this anime is pretty simple and goes well with modern anime drawings, there is nothing really to expect from this anime in terms of graphics. They do emphasize alot of the drawings in there reaction shots which is very funny. 8/10

Music: The music in op and ed are very catchy songs especially the disco one. It is weird to see any disco ending theme which seems like something from DDR. The songs during the anime is pretty good also, mostly laid back music since its about baking. 8/10

Characters: Kazuma Azuma is a very unique character, he is smart in math which is showed in 1 episode, and very good at cooking. He isn't street smart but he has a very pleasant personality. Kyousuke Kawachi is Azuma's co-worker and friend, he is basically the comedic relief person. Tsukino Azusagawa is the granddaughter to the owner of the Pantasia chain. Plays a big role in helping Kazuma and owns the store they work at. Ken Matsushiro is the manager of the story and he fills in the information people don't know about the bread. He has a big afro even through he is japanese and likes to tease people. 9/10

Overall: First type of anime that has to do with bread, very unique and very funny to watch. This type of anime has alot of information on how to make bread if you ever want just common knowledge about it or make it yourself. I have rewatched this anime about 3 times and its always so funny because of its play on words and ripp off on other animes. 9/10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWGh1xt_CzI

I finished watching this anime... and I love it... mostly the breads that Azuma made are true... someone really did those breads... I wanna taste every bread...^^

S

shinkai_pilot

Best anime?

It is yakitate the best anime?

where & how to download it, i mean dirict download without using megaupload & rapidshares??

anyone know??

G

gotta

mmm...

i like this anime but it so complicated to understand especially when they talk about how to make bread..