Anime Conventions and what to do...

y0l3itches

llvlloonshine
For those that have been at one, they are fairly crowded and alot of events will be going on, the food and items are expensive so bring money unless you want to starve to death halfway towards the end of the convention. Ok well:

1st. Remember your parking spot, there are alot of cars, and with most places like 5 different parking lots, if you arrive by train or other transportation, its better that way.

2nd. Waiting in line to enter the convention, you don't need to arrive very early just about 1 hour early is good enough because the line will stretch in the morning especially when you need to buy your ticket or receive one(those that buy them online). This is usually the time where you walk around taking pictures of other people's cosplay if you want...

3rd. When entering the building, most people get confused where to go or what to do. If its friday, usually the 1st day of the place opening, most people check out the items they have for sale, there are alot of people that will rush there and lots of people looking at items. After checking out the shops, you can do whatever you want but there are schedules posted up everywhere, or a booklet to look at. These will tell you where to go and what you will see there.

4th. Taking the time for sightseeing... at this point you can goto the rooms to participate in events or watch dubbed anime. If you are not used to it, you will find this part boring but its fun to meet people and goto these places. The food around the area are expensive so advise you to eat a big breakfast before coming. The next 2 days, Saturday and Sunday will have different events so not everything will be on one day. From experience, Saturday is a very busy day, at night people usually have parties or even hentai at night. Advise you to wear your best cosplay on friday and saturday, and sunday, you can wear casual if you want to.

Don't expect these conventions too much because you can get bored at some of these and just watch anime dubbed the whole time. There are always people like you over there so I advise you to talk to people, if you aim high and try to pick up chicks, wear good cosplay and make an excuse to take a picture with them. When I mean good cosplay, don't dress up as naruto and expect a girl friend or even something from halloween, that ain't cosplay...

tyron256

turnabout moderation
i've been to our local kawaiikon, its nice and is growing larger by the year. its true that everything is god awful expensive so expect to spend money especially if youre getting soviners for friends. try to get a good amount of sleep if its possible because theres a chance there is no sleeping allowed in convention areas.

there are a lot of fun events to participate in and the prizes can be quite good. some day i want to go to one on the mainland.

I've been to an anime convention. First things first bring your own pen. We didn't know that we should sign up for registration to get our freebies so we waited for people who finished using their pen..dang those people! they didn't lend us one >.<
there were also cosplay and bands. People who joined cosplay were so cute.. someone portryed as Assassin in FSN..kawaii!!! I am also glad that I went to that convention coz' someone sang Sorega ai deshou. It was an unforgettable moment for me.
Second is... don't forget to bring money and extra money.
The anime DVDs and CDs were cheap rather than buying on malls. So I accidentally buy plenty of anime DVDs there and forgot to save money for our food... (that's why my sister nearly killed me for that ~.~)
(my sister tend to be violent when she's starving ^^)

Anime conventions are great! hope there will be another soon...^^

I been to two so far, the Big Apple Anime Fest in 03 and The New York Anime Fest which was this last December. BAAF isn't done anymore, which sucks cause it had more. But nicely NYAF is already scheduled for this year in Sept so I cant wait. So many swords were for sale too

y0l3itches

llvlloonshine
You were at the last NY Anime Fest last year Dec 07? I was there also, I dressed up as Aizen the arrancar outfit... There was 2 outfits, me and another guy had the same outfit but he was shorter... I still have my cosplay outfit with the NY Anime Fest necklace thing they gave out in the picture...

i've been to my first convention . i really liked it there.
lots of anime fans, really feeling myself at home there,
lots of activities and and games.
i was really surprised though, never thought there were so many anime fans here. but it was great.
except for the cosplays. they were not that good :p

You were at the last NY Anime Fest last year Dec 07? I was there also, I dressed up as Aizen the arrancar outfit... There was 2 outfits, me and another guy had the same outfit but he was shorter... I still have my cosplay outfit with the NY Anime Fest necklace thing they gave out in the picture...

lol awesome. I didn't end up cosplaying for that one. I was only able to go one day cause my friend had work

Last edited:

tyron256

turnabout moderation

awesome, not all the cosplayers from around here are good, some are pretty awesome but nothing compared to some of he pics ive seen.