[Anime] Black Lagoon

Y

y0l3itches

Black Lagoon

Black Lagoon

Episodes: 24

Genres: Adventure, Comedy, Drama

Summary: The story follows a team of mercenaries known as Lagoon Company, who smuggle goods in and around the seas of Southeast Asia. Their base of operations is located in the fictional city of Roanapur in Thailand, and they transport goods in the PT boat Black Lagoon. Lagoon Company does business with various clients, but has a particularly friendly relationship with the Russian crime syndicate Hotel Moscow. The team takes on a variety of missions - which may involve violent firefights, hand-to-hand combat, and nautical battles - in various Southeast Asian locations and when not doing much, the members of the Lagoon Company spend much of their down time at The Yellow Flag, a bar in Roanapur.

Storyline: The team of mercenaries that are expert at smuggling goods, including boxes to people. A business man named Rock is caught in the middle and winds up working for them. Since he is a normal person, he starts to slowly adapt to the enviroment and works with them since he has nowhere else to go. This anime includes a considerable amount of graphic violence, often involving violent gun fights and spectacular physical feats in battle. Many of the characters who are most skilled with weapons (mainly guns) are women. Since they are pirates most of these events are around the water and taverns they stay at. The anime is really a learning cycle for Rock and how he can faces these issues. There are different missions where Rock starts to learn what kinda business hes really in. 8/10

Music: I would present this anime is good for its genres. Lots of high tempo music with the fight scenes. 8/10

Characters: Only Rock really changes in the anime. Everyone else is used to the job so they know what to expect. The anime mostly feels for the main character and the environment hes in now. People do change in there own way in order to survive the harsh world. 9/10

Overall: The weak of heart and mind should not watch it. I like the anime because its always changing and its never in one place. There are so many scenarios in this anime and what the main character goes through. 8/10

YouTube - Black Lagoon AMV

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia
I'd give it 10/10. It's very different from you everyday anime, brings a fresh breeze here. Especially thanks to Revy, ditching all that morality crap and illusions of 'the society is made of good people' that other anime feed us all the time, bleh.

I know this thread could probably be considered dead but for all of those who love this anime Season 3 in supposed to be in the works right now, which makes me giddy as a school girl.

Canabary

Administrator
[quote name='Manorexia']I know this thread could probably be considered dead but for all of those who love this anime Season 3 in supposed to be in the works right now, which makes me giddy as a school girl.[/QUOTE]

Haha, that is indeed good news.

I quite enjoyed it myself, not too "mushy" like a lot of other Anime.

Still had all the elements of Anime in it though, just a bit ehm.. tough?

I'm not quite sure how to describe it honestly, haha.