Ai no Kusabi 2009

Anime: Ai no Kusabi! In autumn 2009 the 13 OAVs remake!

We have got wonderful news for Shounen-ai and Yaoi fans! In Japan, during this autumn, 13 new OAVs will b released, as a remake of the famous anime "Ai no Kusabi: The Space Between"

This is official, and if you want proof it is at ainokusabi.jp. They even have their own representative poster!

After so long, I wonder how many of you know about this anime?

Given that it was released around 1992-1994, we have to admit, it is kinda old. But heck, has it kept up its reputation. It is still a very well known and highly appreciated series by anime fans, wherther they are Yaoi crazy or not!

These OAVs will be based on the Novels of Rieko Yoshihara, which were published in the Japanese Manga magazine "Shousetsu June" in December of 1986 and 1987.

The story is set in the future, on a planet named Amoi, controlled by a supercomputer named "Jupiter". Here, the majority of the boys of in the human population are forced to have dark hair, so that they will become easily identified as part of the inferior class; aka the inahbitants of the "Keres ghetto." The "Blondies" (which have blond hair) are the Elites, and treat the inferior class like domestic pets.

How does it end between the two?

This is basically the plot the plot of the story, and it will be very similar to the first anime. However, unlike before, the details from the original will be anaylized more clearly, and with more care. But that is not all! For Rieko Yoshihara himself will be working on the scripts and drafts with almost all of the original staff from the old AIC, who worked in the 80s production.

Iason Mink, a member of the Blondies, meets an impure boy called "Riki" in the slums of Tanagura city and decides to take him up as a slave. The two can be seen in the poster above.

However, in true Romeo and Juliet style, the two gain a relationship, even though they are in different classes. Riki is no longer Iason`s little pet, but something more important. It isn`t long before rumours start spreading about a possible homosexual relation between our two main charectors. This is of course forbidden in the planet of Amoi.

so there u have it muwahahahahahahhaha i dont care if u dont care cuz its yaoi and all ...but the ones that care are free to be over thrilled that we , yaoi fans, we will get to see this wonderful, the best yaoi /shouen ai anime EVAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haruka

Phoenix of the Red Moon
ALLELUIA !!!!

thank you anime lord (whoever that is :p) for this incredible gift !!!
thank you AIC for realizing that Ai no Kusabi is the best yaoi EVAH !!!!

go ai no kusabi hip hip hooray !!!! hip hip hooray !!!

sorry but i'm just too excited !!!! i can't wait till autumn :(

I've not watched a yaoi anime for about a year or so, it was all getting so repeative. Although, I've had my eye on a few new ones, I have not gone to the effort to download them to watch however I will certainly be watching Ai No Kusabi as it was always one of my favourite yaoi anime. Most likely because I'm a sucker for the Romo and Juilet tragic storyline.

Shame the same can not be said for the novels, worst reading material I had in a long, long time.

I will admit, I know very little about the new version of it, and heard very little of it, if I had not got myself kicked off aarin, I may of kept myself a little more up to date XD

Last edited:
*sigh* When is this coming out........it's just like the makers to dangle this beautiful piece of morsel in front of us and just....NOT GIVE IT TO US!!! *deep breath* Yes, I can't wait!!!