Advanced Wars: Days of Ruin

tyron256

turnabout moderation
my review of Advanced Wars: Days of Ruin

Storyline: Much more thought out in my opinion, i liked the way the developers used the post apocalyptic setting to create an more interesting storyline for campaign mode. For some reason it just seemed more gripping this time around.

Gameplay: overall, not changed too much from previous Advanced Wars titles. the major difference here is the complete overhaul of the CO power system and the loss of the Dual Strike Capability. in a sense i like the new CO power system, it isnt as much of a tide turner as it once was and adds a new strategy of fighting to the game.

Characters: unfortunately for the long time fans of the franchise, the characters we all knew and loved are gone. trhey were however replaced by another set of people. this is one of the areas i think may put some people off of this game but, once you play through you'll come to accept the newbie characters.

Other changes: There are no longer any DS (two front/ dual screen) maps. this seems unfortunate to me as i liked the idea of it but without the dual strike system it wouldnt have worked as well.
My favorite addition to this game is the ability to have battles over nintendo wifi. i havent tried myself but i havent heard too many issues besides some hackers.
there are also a host of new units and a few changes to your old favorites.

Overall rating: 9/10

Great Game, love the new concept built on the original Advanced Wars Saga. perfect for anyone who liked he old series or similar games like fire emblem.