“Sankarea” – TV Anime Announced

Franken Stein

Spiral Power!!
Staff member
?????? by (nyoro)​
I'd tap that zombie
According to the October issue of Bessatsu Shounen magazine, a TV anime adaptation of Hattori Mitsuru’s supernatural comedy manga series, ?Sankarea?, has been green-lit for production.The manga series currently has 4 volumes to date – with the first volume debuting on July 16th, 2010. It began serialization in Bessatsu Shounen magazine on December 9th, 2009.*Synopsis: (courtesy of Manga-Updates)
Furuya’s obsessed with zombies. He collects any figurines, watches any movie, and plays any game with the living dead, and is even only interested in zombie girls. When his cat dies, Furuya begins trying to raise it from the dead using an ancient book of the occult he bought from a shop. But what will happen when he sees the idol of a nearby all girl’s school walking close to where he conducts his experiment, wishing to die and be reborn as a different person?​
Story:Sankarea is about a zombie-obsessed boy, Chihiro Furuya, who discovers how to resurrect the dead and as a result acquires a zombie girlfriend when the 15 year old girl he likes, Rea Sanka, dies in an accident but is brought back to life thanks to having earlier drunk a potion he had developed using information he got from an old manuscript.Ironically Rea had actually drunk the potion as a suicide attempt, as one of its ingredients was the poisonous plant Hydrangea (also known as Hortensia). She had come to despise her overbearing and abusive father and when he withdrew her from school so as to completely control her life, she decided to end it all. Unfortunately, her death does not free her from his continued interference in her life!
for some reason I think i'll like it o.o​

Tempest

The Lotus Eater
Staff member
The manga was fun for the first 4 chapters but then it got boring very quickly. It had a good concept but the execution wasn't great. The main character wasn't interesting at all. It was all about the girl, but for a romance series to work, you been both characters to be appealing. I'm not going to watch this since the manga isn't all that fun to begin with.

Franken Stein

Spiral Power!!
Staff member
Ah haven't taken a look at the manga, guess i'll wait for the anime, watch it first, and see the manga after then, I'll make my judgement then