Discrimination

I remember when I was a little kid back in elementary school, there was no discrimination, no racism, no stereotyping. No one cared what you looked like or where you came from, as long as you could play kickball and count to 100.

Now, as you get older, things get a little more rough. Stereotypes form, your race suddenly becomes the deciding factor in a lot of areas of your life, and people begin to assume far too much about you without even crossing your path. I'm not saying this is true everywhere, as there are exceptions, but it's commen enough to still be a problem.

So what do you think? Is it human nature to judge and stereotype others, or is it something that's taught?

y0l3itches

llvlloonshine
Nope I was discriminated when I was a kid... I think people get crueler as they grow up, but at one point will grow out of it, but some people don't... Well since I was made fun of being chinese when I went to middle school, I started my fights there and ended out of high school but people will still fight even at places where people will think they are better then other people...

amanda

Nope I was discriminated when I was a kid... I think people get crueler as they grow up, but at one point will grow out of it, but some people don't... Well since I was made fun of being chinese when I went to middle school, I started my fights there and ended out of high school but people will still fight even at places where people will think they are better then other people...
Same here... I always get called chinese even tho im japanese but people think all azn are alike which makes me ultra mad.. Then white people always made fun others in my high school since it was mostly white kids there but they think there are the ruler of here but let me tell u guys, native americans were here first!

Ray

无限之剑制
lols same Im azn yet they all call me chinese and such and middle school was a pain of hell to get through ....

Serph

I am The Light
Yea i know my old friends be like look at that chinese i mean damn there slow i knew that person they were talking about and he was jap well one of my best friends can really tell them a part and he gets mad when people call a jap a chinese

I'm not chinese or japanese, but I kind of get what you guys are saying. The kids in my school are always called, I think it's "chinks" or something, but they take it as a joke. I know if I was being made fun of like that, it would get met mad as ever.

In most of my schools I've been too, I've always been the minority. With certain places I've gone, I was either looked at like I was about to steal something, or like I'm uneducated or stupid.

seirei

kumo no you ni
I think it's all about education; you just do it because you see your family or your friends doing it.:(
I've also faced this problem since I was a kid, so I'm kinda used to it...

It's wrong to assume something about a person without knowing her, but some people just do it.
But it doesn't affect me anymore.If someone judges me by something else than my personality or thinking, then that person just doesn't deserve my attention.

You don't have to get angry! there are also nice people out there, you just have to search for them! (not just say: 'oh ...no one will ever like me cause I look auful or I'm (nationality) or things like that!:D)

Cruss-kun

Pokemon Master
I've been discriminated since I was small. All I can do is make friends of my own kind and do what they did to me, but more behind their backs then in person. My whole family pretty much discriminates against all other kinds.

It's human nature to discriminate because it makes you feel superior. Being with your own kind boosts your confidence and makes you feel more at ease.

Almost every time someone was being racist against my kind I just beat the crap out of them.

I can be racist at times, but I'm not really racist. I just make jokes about other kinds like what they do to me.

tyron256

turnabout moderation
All I have to say is "Lucky I Live Hawaii". thanks to it being a gigantic cultural melting pot, discrimination isnt as common at least to our definition. that or what we say here is accepted as normal conversation.

unfortunately some visitors or new residents get the wrong idea and take offense to some of the names we use regularly to describe a person's race. "Haole" for example describes a white person and some people get offended when they are not used to our local slang. a lot of it has to do with the surrounding cultural environment.

B StAR

2D Complex.
as a little kid, it was nothing but fun. then comes all the nasty things about growing up. I used to get mad about discrimination and stuff, but now I just ignore it, it doesn't really affect me. I guess I kinda blew it all out of proportion when there is bigger fish to fry/other concerns to worry about.

discrimination can be good sometimes, but most people just rely on the negative aspects more than the positives.

Tengu

惣流・アスカ・ラングレー
While ive grown up, the only discrimination I ever saw was from English "SkinHeads" who believe all germans were Nazi's and they occasionaly shouted stuff about Jews.

ive never discriminated anyone.
were the one being discriminated mostly by westerners. im asian btw.
we treat people most especially foreigners with respect but when we go to their countries, they treat us like rags or sexslaves or dumb people.

my father discriminates black people so we always fight about that.

*about teh asian, at first i too was confused which is which for japanese, chinese, koreans. their eyes are like almost the same at first glance but if you look closely there are differences.

i think a person will not discriminate if he is educated well.