They Are Going To Kill Troy Davis (Between 21st-28th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

noex1337

Emmie was here
I attempted to sign it, and it failed on me. I'm going to try again later. But me, [MENTION=170]Zero Phoenix[/MENTION], [MENTION=165]Pimp[/MENTION] and perhaps a couple others also had a mini discussion about this a couple days ago.

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
And there goes another lie.
Bother to show me evidences?
Well, if you would think for a moment about it. Do you really think they would bother so much about getting someone off death row if they didnt he is actually innocent? Nobody would care if they didnt think he was innocent. Nor would they claim that the US justice system is failing if they were going to fry a cop killer. The way they say things, they make it seem that they all think he is innocent and they bring that message to the viewer.

Really, what could I possibly gain by lying about these kind of things? Also, prove that Im lying about how I interpreted your sources message.

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
I'm sorry Lexus, you can troll me in any other threads, but you seems to be lacking the conscience and decency to not do it here. I'm pretty much lenient all the time, but I think you went way too far this time.

You talk about your interpretation, but who is actually asking about your interpretation? I know I am not. In fact, your interpretation is completely irrelevant, the only relevant thing is what is written and said in the sources. None of the sources even claim that he's innocent, so what evidences can I gave but the sources themselves? It is you who need to proof that these sources stated that he's innocent by pointing out at a specific part where the claim is given, but even you know that it is impossible, for your evidences does not exist.

Your pettiness disrupt the underlying intention of this thread with your blatant lies, and then you add more lies to sink this thread even further. There are times when you can troll me all the time, but there are also time where you just need to see the greater good (which is not even about me). Everyone can see it, your thick and remorseless face, and for that reason I will just have to ignore you from now on.

HappyNisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lol it's mostly all what you wrote ;) And you're very welcome.. I'm against executin anyway, you cant be sure, and... if people are guilty why put an end to their misery? let them rot away in prison <-- more of a punishment than dead, to my idea. (if only those stupid people keep their prisoners and not let prisoners go becuase of good behavior that is. Get in, never get out. You ruined your life when you took someone else life, no second chance. I'm hard like that. but I'm not in charge lol lol and Dutch people just seem to suck at keeping their prisoners in prison. People go free for good behavior =.=" )

Arachna

Spider
Staff member
Lol it's mostly all what you wrote ;) And you're very welcome.. I'm against executin anyway, you cant be sure, and... if people are guilty why put an end to their misery? let them rot away in prison <-- more of a punishment than dead, to my idea. (if only those stupid people keep their prisoners and not let prisoners go becuase of good behavior that is. Get in, never get out. You ruined your life when you took someone else life, no second chance. I'm hard like that. but I'm not in charge lol lol and Dutch people just seem to suck at keeping their prisoners in prison. People go free for good behavior =.=" )
A lot of countrys have a "goody behavior" system. Good food. A Library. Net connection. Visit days*....

It is all cos of "human rights" and stuff....if i was homeless i would rather go to jail. In my country at least. They even have TV... <3

HappyNisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah same here, when you look at the prisonscells you think you'd have a 3 stars hotel room XD well okay that might be a bit exxagerated, but still prison looks better than the streets... and it really should be the other way around xD

Arachna

Spider
Staff member
Yeah same here, when you look at the prisonscells you think you'd have a 3 stars hotel room XD well okay that might be a bit exxagerated, but still prison looks better than the streets... and it really should be the other way around xD
Agreed. <3

if you do a crime you need to pay for it.

And not spend it in a "hotel"..

And yes i know Kaze will say : "But i am talking about short terms. In a long term it is different. Cos o fpsyhological effect on the people."
Am i right Kaze,hon? XD
<.<

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
I'm sorry Lexus, you can troll me in any other threads, but you seems to be lacking the conscience and decency to not do it here. I'm pretty much lenient all the time, but I think you went way too far this time..
Honestly, if you dont want different opinions, dont post a thread about it here. But alright, since discussion or debate is not wanted, Ill drop it.

Core

Fascinating...
I dont understand how one petition to save one person from lethal injection and instead give him 3 consecutive life sentences makes a difference to fixing the inherent flaw that is... the system.

Nevertheless.

I sincerely doubt it matters in the grand scheme of things. If you truly wish to stand up for his rights then do more then simply sign a petition.

And lexus as always is wrong.

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
If I'm an American, I would write to my congressman instead.
Since I'm not, this is a way for me to show my support by signing a petition prepared by a bonafide human rights organization.
Doing such a thing is still much better than just complaining, yet in the end doing completely nothing.

The late Howard Zinn teaches me to do things, small things if you can't do it big, for from all these small things a revolution will culminate.
This is the parallel that he draw from the civil rights era and Vietnam, and I adhere to his advice earnestly.
Do something, if you can't do big things, do small things - no matter how small they are - do it!

Core

Fascinating...
I wont say theres no truth in that but I would like to point out it IS a rationalization. Something is better then nothing... But everything is better then something.

So if you truly wanted to help, you'd be on the frontlines fighting, shooting, killing to protect, his rights. Sure thats going overboard but... its better then something small.

So yea you're not wrong but you could be dedicating your life to it... but then it comes down to whether or not its worth your time.. so you start rationalizing that something small can have a huge impact while something large can have no impact. And while Zinn isnt wrong its just.. if everyone does a small thing its not the same as when everyone does a large thing.

2 sides to the coin.

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
An unfortunate news from Amnesty International have arrived in my Inbox;

Georgia's State Board of Pardons and Paroles has recently rejected Troy Davis' clemency petition. Davis continues to face execution on Wed., Sept. 21 at 7 pm EDT.
For those who had spared their time to sent the petition, I am very thankful. Amnesty International is not giving up the fight until it is really over, and the least I can do for them is to sign in what is perhaps "the last petition" for Troy Davis. For those who had signed in the petition before, all you need to do is only to write down your previous email address and click "Send" for the petition to be collected.

Please spare a little bit of your time and help sign in this last petition attempt for Troy Davis.

@HappyNisa
I hope you can update this on the front page.

Stop the September 21st execution of Troy Davis!

Thread closed.

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
After years of struggling to prove he is innocent, Troy Davis is finally executed.
I will convey here his final words as a reminder for all of us;

"The struggle for justice doesn't end with me. This struggle is for all the Troy Davises who came before me and all the ones who will come after me. I'm in good spirits and I'm prayerful and at peace."
Troy Davis.

Status
Not open for further replies.