Deus Ex Human Revolution

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
Anyone else got it?

I bought it yesterday, and no doubt, this is definitely one of my new favorite games already. I love it!

Anyways, tell me what you guys think of it.

VivaLaDementia

Yea, Its been a ride...
Looks great, but I'm way too tight with cash right now to pick it up. I'll come back to check it out once the price dies down later though.
I like the idea that you have the stealth vs fire-fight options, reminds me of MGS (Though they weren't huge on fire-fight, lol).

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
Looks great, but I'm way too tight with cash right now to pick it up. I'll come back to check it out once the price dies down later though.
I like the idea that you have the stealth vs fire-fight options, reminds me of MGS (Though they weren't huge on fire-fight, lol).
Well, if you go for firefight, you gotta a tough road ahead. Its possible, certainly, but you dont get a lot of ammo and enemies are pretty tough.

Ammo is actually do only thing that I find kind of weird so far in this game. I mean, more specifically the amounts of ammo you find in boxes. Youd think that if you buy a box of ammo for your machine gun, you find more then just 2-10 bullets in it right? I would have prefered it if you just found less ammo overall, but when you find it, you get like a whole clip or something. Would seem more realistically.

VivaLaDementia

Yea, Its been a ride...
I'm more of a mix, stealth first until I've had enough stealthing around. Though in games like this and MGS, its typically when I don't hide bodies and guards go on alert, that I stop stealthing around, lol.

Thats a big odd, but I guess they just don't have too many bullets hiding around. I know that they game doesn't limit you or anything with stuff you find, I heard you can get rocket launchers and stuff right away if you can find out where they are hidden.

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
I'm more of a mix, stealth first until I've had enough stealthing around. Though in games like this and MGS, its typically when I don't hide bodies and guards go on alert, that I stop stealthing around, lol.

Thats a big odd, but I guess they just don't have too many bullets hiding around. I know that they game doesn't limit you or anything with stuff you find, I heard you can get rocket launchers and stuff right away if you can find out where they are hidden.
Yeah, they definitely reward looking around beyond just your objectives. And its fun sneaking around, taking out Guards and hiding their bodies on the toilet. Or hacking computers, opening doors and turning turrets against enemies.

And personally I prefer a mix as well. Unless I get extra rewards for being undetected.

Canabary

Administrator
I like everything except the boss fights. Getting slaughtered by the second boss and the reticule has somehow disappeared from my screen. Not entirely sure how I am going to get through this one, especially considering I used most of my ammunition on the mass of soldiers I encountered a little earlier...

So yeah, good game but the boss fights do not reflect the general difficulty of the rest of the game. Heck even
Fighting off the 30 or so elite soldiers that swarm you in Shanghai
is easier than fighting a single boss...

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
Yeah, I dislike the boss fights as well, and from the reviews Ive read, that was the main criticism on the game.

The problem with them is that you have to shoot them in the face a lot, while its possible to play the rest of the game without ever killing anyone. So it kinda breaks with the ability to choose your own play style. Though its necessary for the plot to advance, so I forgive it them.

Canabary

Administrator
Yeah, I dislike the boss fights as well, and from the reviews Ive read, that was the main criticism on the game.

The problem with them is that you have to shoot them in the face a lot, while its possible to play the rest of the game without ever killing anyone. So it kinda breaks with the ability to choose your own play style. Though its necessary for the plot to advance, so I forgive it them.
I'm fine with having to kill them. But I've planted 100 bullets in this boss's head and she's still blowing me up with claymores :nooo:

I hate the bosses... Currently on the second boss and I can shoot her in the face with a minigun at point-blank range until it overheats and she doesn't even flinch...

Doesn't help that she
electrocutes almost the entire map when she takes a significant ammount of damage, and hides behind cover far away from the safe spots at all times except when charging you for an instant-kill combo. Also, she's invisible and can explode without any warning and taking no damage... somehow. At times like this I wish I had more EMP grenades, or that I had put more points toward combat instead of hacking and mobility...

Pretty much it's a really difficult adjustment to take on an overpowered individual bulletsponge rather than hordes of weaker enemies that may be able to kill you pretty fast but generally go down with a single headshot if you use the proper weapon and have basically no special abilities most of the time.

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
I hate the bosses... Currently on the second boss and I can shoot her in the face with a minigun at point-blank range until it overheats and she doesn't even flinch...

Doesn't help that she
electrocutes almost the entire map when she takes a significant ammount of damage, and hides behind cover far away from the safe spots at all times except when charging you for an instant-kill combo. Also, she's invisible and can explode without any warning and taking no damage... somehow. At times like this I wish I had more EMP grenades, or that I had put more points toward combat instead of hacking and mobility...

Pretty much it's a really difficult adjustment to take on an overpowered individual bulletsponge rather than hordes of weaker enemies that may be able to kill you pretty fast but generally go down with a single headshot if you use the proper weapon and have basically no special abilities most of the time.
Hmm, I had no problem facing her.

It did of course make it a lot easier for me that I had upgraded my dermal armor making me invulnerable for electricity. Also, let her hit the four power generators at the wall of the room. If she destroyed all 4 she dies. Saves you a lot of ammo.

The game is pretty much a perfect Deus Ex game.

Everything about it was pretty much how Deus Ex 1 was like.

Sure it had about 5-10% things cut off that were Deus Ex-ish, but it's still more of a Deus Ex game than Invisible War ever was.

It was... pretty goddamn awesome, shame that all the boss fights were easy though.