Yu Yu Hakusho & Bleach

Nori

I just watched YuYu Hakusho, to the end, since it never aired on TV. If you watch this and Bleach it's almost like watching the same anime. I mean yea theres some differences such as Shinigami and Hollows, but the concept is the same. Spirit world, human world, demon world.

I know what you mean. It is pretty much the same. Probably the only difference is that in YuYu Hakusho they fight Demons and in Bleach they fight Hollows. To tell the truth I haven't seen Yu Yu Hakusho in a realy long time. But I still remember some things from the show.

Jinx

Pretty much is in some ways I suppose. Though it isn't nearly as funny, in my opinion, at least. Also I could never honestly get into Yu Yu Hakusho for some reason like I do with Bleach. Though if I recall right, doesn't Yu Yu Hakusho take on perhaps a darker theme to it most of the time, always felt as if it were I suppose the wording I'm looking for is "serious."

Eh both are good anime.

Swiss

function Swiss()
I have all episodes of yu yu hakusho and it's a wonderful anime but didn't like the way it ended . As for Bleach it cool, it's been a long time since I've watched it though I used to read the manga too but stopped for some reason.

Still haven't finish Yu Yu Hakusho yet. Still watching it on tv... But I really like it.
Lots of great characters (my favs are kurama & Hiei ^_^)
I'm still watching Bleach too. The story's getting more interesting now.
Lots of similarities & at the same time, lots of differences too between the 2 shows...
I want to download Yu Yu Hakusho on the net, but I dont know where to find it in Jap dub, Eng sub...

T_T...

you do all know that just because there is an afterlife in an anime it doesnt make it the same...
or even alike...

if yu yu is alike to anything it would be flame of recca in presentation and abilitys... hell domon and kurama are the same type of character...

but bleach has a much more serious story than yu yu and touches on topics that dont even get thought about...

now I am not saying that bleach is anything as serious as technolaize but it isnt hard to be more serious than yu yu...

both are great animes in their own right but they are not alike... oh and come on hollows devouring the souls of the dead and creating more hollows... and the whole aizen trying to kill god by sacrificing a whole city... just a bit more serious than...... tiger demon and muscle man... and drunk dude (the guy from the dark tournament saga)

I personally started watching anime with Yu Yu Hakusho, it is still one of my all time favorites simply because it was one of my first. I don't know how similar they are but i do know that BLEACH is one of the only anime i've seen to be on the same par as Yu Yu Hakusho, along with the jap version of Kenichi, Naruto, and Hellsing

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (unknowable @ July 9, 2007, 3:03 AM) [snapback]8460[/snapback]</div>
T_T...

you do all know that just because there is an afterlife in an anime it doesnt make it the same...
or even alike...

if yu yu is alike to anything it would be flame of recca in presentation and abilitys... hell domon and kurama are the same type of character...

but bleach has a much more serious story than yu yu and touches on topics that dont even get thought about...

now I am not saying that bleach is anything as serious as technolaize but it isnt hard to be more serious than yu yu...

both are great animes in their own right but they are not alike... oh and come on hollows devouring the souls of the dead and creating more hollows... and the whole aizen trying to kill god by sacrificing a whole city... just a bit more serious than...... tiger demon and muscle man... and drunk dude (the guy from the dark tournament saga)[/b]
I half agree with you. I do think the shows aren't really alike in the least bit except the two main characters are "rebel" high school students, and that yu yu is more alike to recca(Although I liked the Recca manga alot more than yu yu) but I don't see how bleach is "darker".

Imo, bleach isn't "dark" in the least bit. It gives off a more mature vibe than most jump series, but I see it being alot tamer than even one piece and naruto.

It doesn't really touch on human emotion at all, and I just don't find the bleach situations scary at all. Recca and yu yu I did.(If you put yourself in situations in the manga.) Like when girls were locked in the room with mouri kouran after he merged with tendou jigoku, or with karasu killing people by touching them.

If anything, I see bleach as a modernized dragonball z. Just big energy lobbing clashing battles. It has mysterious characters, but other than that, It's a pretty shallow series.

Edit: just started 666 satan. Really good stuff. That kishimoto kicks his brother's ass all over the place.

Entombment

YYH>Bleach

I prefer stories that get to the point, instead of beating around with the bushes, while still being funny. Everything in YYH had relation to the story

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Entombment @ August 5, 2007, 7:19 AM) [snapback]10035[/snapback]</div>
YYH>Bleach

I prefer stories that get to the point, instead of beating around with the bushes, while still being funny. Everything in YYH had relation to the story[/b]

I'd agree if the yu yu ending didn't suck and togashi didn't pull yusuke being related to a demon out of his ass.

I'd say togashi was a bad writer if he didn't create hunter x hunter. That shit is EXCELLENT.

Wish he'd continue, but I'm not gonna talk shit on him for being on hiatus because I don't know him. Just as long as he doesn't quit altogether.

Entombment

Well, yeah the ending was a bit... Unfitting and didn't really feel like an ending. The demon correlation thing... At least had an explanation behind it. It's better than him just randomly getting super powerz in his normal form, and magically getting enough spirit energy to use an ?ber spirit gun that kills everything

At least they didn't just let Sensui die, and never explain/try to fix the demon thing