Your favorite books

M

Maszrum

Do you have any books that are your absolute favorite? Share them with us.For me it is Witcher saga. Series of 7 books by Andrzej Sapkowski, polish writer. Genre is fantasy. First two books are set of stories. Real novel begins from book 3. The style of writing is awesome in this. Filling you with serious matters and throwing at you some funny situations without making them look ridiculous. Besides that Roadside Picnic by Arkady and Boris Strugatsky. This one is science fiction, rather short novel but I really like it. Read it like 5 times or somehting.Before Witcher my favorite book used to be Lord of the Rings

well um can I metching like 2 favorite authors instead ^^". well I have to say, Stephan king is an excellent author, true some of his books seem a bit emo, but Carrie is my all time favorite by him. and the other one, is VC Andrews, she is kinda under the same genre as Stephan but less emo. as you can tell I am more in to the mythic mythology type of book, like with angels and demons, but I love my horror books.

ZeroKnight

ǤξД§§ ʃᵯᵯӨƦŦДζ
Haven't read through too many books, but I'm a fan of Stephen King. My favorite book by him has to be Firestarter.The plot was genius, and I like how it progressed. Yes, King rambles and brings you through other side stories, but IMHO, it's necessary, and I like it a lot, because it builds all the sub-characters, and gives you their backgrounds, and lets you figure out their motives in relation to the protagonist.The only thing I didn't like was the ending. It was soooo open! Open enough that you thought to yourself, this will definitely have a sequel...but then seemed like it was closed enough that it wouldn't. But, as we know, there never was a sequel. Sadly.

Momo

*Clears throat* ohhh gawd this is going to be somewhat of a list
i lies one of my favorite books was The lovely bones by alice sebold so great..her work is great lucky is also another book she wrote and ...damn really gets to youanyway another one is Love beyond reason...by sandra brown..it has a lot of romance and rough sex yup yup not really rough sex but eh..lol Goodnight Nobody is an excellent book its very suspenseful its by jennifer weiner
I love this novel Its about a married woman wanting some excitement in her dull life. I guess she asks for way too much
lol theres more books but I really dont wanna make this long

Das Gottlos

(*・_・)ノ⌒*
I've got many favourites; the books I can easily re-read over and over without fail.Probably my most favourite ones would be White Tiger, Blue Dragon, Red Phoenix, From Earth to Hell, and From Hell to Heaven by Australian author, Kylie Chan, her next book, From Heaven to Wudang will be added to this list once it is released. If I had no other commitments, I can probably read the current books in 5 days, possibly less, depending on how much sleep I want.My next favourite books would be the Tomorrow series, and its sequel the Ellie Chronicles, both by John Marsden.Other favourites include the Watches series by Sergei Lukyanenko, R.A Salvatore's Forgotten Realms books, and the six books in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy triology.

The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. I really enjoy the anecdotes and philosophical conceptions on life. Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse, its one of my all time favorite books and the author does a great job of illustrating the teachings of the Buddha though a the characters. The most interesting thing about the book is that the story itself spans the length of a mans entire life and has great progression.

Through my life, I've very much loved The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, the Earthsea series, Deltora Quest, Treasure Island, The Magic Faraway Tree series, The Secret Garden and several others.I grew up on big books as a child.^^

Das Gottlos

(*・_・)ノ⌒*
[quote name='"Hikarin' date=' post: 23954"']Through my life, I've very much loved The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, the Earthsea series, Deltora Quest, Treasure Island, The Magic Faraway Tree series, The Secret Garden and several others.I grew up on big books as a child.^^[/quote]
Deltora Quest aren't big books; they are tiny compare to the other ones you've read. Good series though; wouldn't mind reading it again.​

I didn't really mean Deltora Quest when I said that. I'm a Tolkien girl; he's my favourite author and truly inspired me to become a writer myself.^^ I had the Hobbit read to me when I was four and read that and the Lord of the Rings when I was eight or so. I love the language used in those books. I wish people still spoke like that.

yup! i love all sophie kinsella books!! the shopaholic series and the not series books!but for this time i love Mini Shopaholic! it's hilarious! u gotta read it!i love <333 Becky and Luke and Minnie xD

hmm..i forgot the author..but it will be like this :1. ( about nicholas flamel ) i forgot the author2. ( about septimus heap ) i forgot the authorand yeah.. currently those are my fav books... but i still have to wait like 1 or 2 year to get it translated to indonesianbecause if i buy it in english one.. it will be very expensive -...- *hate hate hate*

Chances by Jackie Collins? ?Yeah a chick book, though I think you'd be murdered in your sleep if you think of Gino Santangelo as nothing short of a lady killer. Loved the part when Gino just got out of Juvie (or at least the equivalent of the time) and proceeded to take the purity of a stranger he just met on the beach (well ocean, if you read the book)Engaging storyline, full of sex, guns and revenge.

Well, I never read too many books, except those I had to read in school - and I hated most of those. xDBut for some time now I'm reading "Warrior Cats" by Erin Hunter and I just LOVE it. I mean, I love cats, and there are only cats. Cats everywhere! xDIt has great characters, great storyline and also great artwork.Well, at least for me. ;3

Twill....*gunshot in background*The only books I really enjoyed (excluding Vn's/lightnovels) were Roadside Picnic and John dies at the end.

The Lord of the Rings , The Hobbit , Silmarillion , The Children of Hurin , Unfinished Tales . . you get the point . Professor Tolkien's unforgettable works . I saw someone mentioning the Alchemist . Good mention !

amandaluvsya

Kissing ZeroKnight's Neck
Staff member
~The Lord of the rings series~Abarat - Clive Barker~Alice in Wonderland - Lewis Carroll ~Island of the Blue Dolphins - Scott O'Dell~Christine - Stephen King~Sabriel - Garth Nix~Kissing Doorknobs - Terry Spencer Hesser

ukkkhhh, havent read anything this past few months. but currently is Ranger's Apprentice series.Also,The Alchemist, The sorcerer, havent read the last of the tetralogy though.

Audrey Niffenegger's "Time Traveler's Wife" is my favourite book. I love how the story is presented and the lead characters' love for each other is wonderful. "Sophie's World" by Gaarder is a really good book too. I took interest in philosophy because of this book. =P