XIII-2 isn't out yet but XIII-3 might be in the works

Tempest

The Lotus Eater
Staff member
According to gameinformer:
Final Fantasy XIII-2 won't be out until December in Japan and January in North America, but a new website domain registration suggests that publisher Square Enix may already be thinking about the next sequel in line.Fusible uncovered that Corporation Service Company, a registrar that Square has used for previous sites in the past, registered www.finalfantasyxiii-3.com earlier this week. Square has previously made a direct sequel to Final Fantasy X, but if FF XIII-3 ends up being real, it would be the first time for the publisher to make a second direct sequel to one of its mainline Final Fantasy games.Then again, a domain registration is still a long way off from a game announcement. If Final Fantasy XIII-3 is really in the planning stages, I wouldn't expect to hear anything about it until XIII-2 is out the door.
I am one of those few FF fans that give XIII a fair shot but that's only because I look at the game in a different perspective. I don't look at it as a FF game but just another jRPG. Then, all of a sudden the game becomes that much better. Honestly, just about every FF game after IX has been pretty damn bad. I loved X as a kid now it's just horrible, especially in regards to plot and character. XII is a hit or miss. I liked the war between nation plot but once again, the characters were totally off. XIII felt like a giant Korean CG drama and the only saving grace was the battle mechanics. XIII-2 already looks like crap, largely thanks to horrid characters, AGAIN! Noel is a piece of crap. I don't want to play as Lightning's twig of a sister either. Goddammit, SQUEENIX! Why do you not understand that everyone besides the Japanese can't stand guys that look like girls from a drama show? We get it that it's a Fantasy but that doesn't mean you should be goddamn annoying! Go to hell.

amandaluvsya

Kissing ZeroKnight's Neck
Staff member
hmmm... I could see a sequel for this game but 2 sequels...they might be over-killing it a bit. I like XIII, of course it's not my favorite but I don't think it's a bad game. There's definitely changes I would have made to it though (Characters/Battle System).Not to say that I won't buy this game because I'm a Square Enix Whore Lover but I think they should have thought about a whole new game, new characters and perhaps going back to the good old days of the VII and IX battle system.