[XB360]Devil May Cry 4

Dante

Devil Hunter of Hell
[XB360] Devil May Cry 4

Introduction:

In a far away castle town called Fortuna, a new hero is born. Nero, a man with a strange arm, is considered one of the best in the Order. But, when a strange man in a red coat and two handguns kills the leader of the Order, Nero has been ordered to follow him. Who is this mysterious man? Why did he kill His Excellency? What secrets is the Order really trying to hide?.........Why am I asking you people….

Graphics: 9/10

Ok folks, yes it is a HUGE improvement from DMC 3. The people that worked on DMC 3 are actually on this team as well, working hard on animations and what not. They did a fantastic job, don’t get me wrong. However, there is one little thing that just manages to throw me off a little bit. It’s the simple fact that Nero’s arm can actually go through his coat somehow. In this day and age, we’ve mastered the basic physics, but we can’t manage to have a strange arm go through a coat. It just doesn’t make sense to me. It is also a little bit annoying, but whatever.

Sounds: 10/10

Let me tell you something. This is probably the only game that I have ever played that had a minimal of 10 tracks. Combat song is the same, but it’s freaking awesome, so who cares about that. Boss themes are awesome as well. Voice-overs and sound effects are much better than in DMC 3. Clearly, the guys at Capcom sat down and figured out what worked and what didn’t.

Controls: 10/10

One of the most effective control settings I have ever used. Customizable of course, but the standard control settings are effective as it is. It is possible to do endless combos with the current controller configuration, but they won’t last long enough for that, so you’ll have to make do I guess. But, I digress. Also, you won’t have every single combo to start off. You’ll need to use Proud Souls, a new addition to the DMC system. Similar to Red Orbs, you collect those as you complete missions. But, you can’t buy items with Proud Souls or upgrade with Red Orbs….It’s an interesting new system, and I like it.

Overall: 9/10

This game exceeded my expectations by a lot…..I mean HUGE. This game was definitely worth my pre-order. Plus, I got myself that collector’s edition, which I hear there are still some more copies of those all over the place, so check your closest GameStop for more information on that. But, don’t settle for Used on this game, folks. You will be playing it for a long time, and hopefully owning it longer than that, so go new for $60, or you could pick up on the coveted Collector’s Edition for $80. Not a bad bargain in my personal opinion.