Swat

Yuuki Sama's Pet
who is the better detective?

BATMAN or L(from death note)

i think L is a better detective

how do i make it to a voting thing?

>Batman

>Detective

Although you might not be entirely wrong there. Even if at times only in part, he still does his own research, and somehow always succeeds at it.

Hrmm...

Well, I'd have to go with Batman simply because he actually gets results that aren't only on paper, as in L's case. Results, which were seen in the anime and in the comic. L managed to help the Interpol, or w/e it was with many cases, sure, but in the anime and manga he only pitted himself against Kira. And although admittedly he managed to solve the case in his head, which is a sort of an achievement on its own, he still lacked the proof to nail him, and was defeated in the end, by supernatural means at that.

Intelligence wise it would have to be L.

Result wise it easily goes to Batman.

I'm not sure how exactly did you mean for us to determine the winner here. What are we supposed to measure? The amount of cake consumed by one, or the punching power of the other?

We'd have to form a fair experiment.

Batman vs L with all of their resources available to solve a single case, individually, on neutral ground (in an unfamiliar city), and with same starting knowledge.

But saying that, then they wouldn't have all of their resources. Batman relies on the Gotham police and his other contacts in the city. Hrmm...

Okay, for the experiment's sake they'd be all transferred to this other city. L, on the other side, doesn't really care about his whereabouts...

Still, now that I really think about it, I must say that I really don't know who'd win. Detective Conan? Lolo...

Why am I replying here?

DERP

<3

VivaLaDementia

Yea, Its been a ride...
L GMV, I think people overrate Batman's detective skills honestly. Not saying he is bad or even average, but I don't view him as an amazing detective like L was portrayed as.

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
The best detective should be the dynamic quatro; TwattyTweety, RahSylvester, SawaHector and EmmieGranny.

Bad Ol' Putty Tat!

Anyway, comparing Batman and L may be somewhat overstretching, as Batman is more closer to the typical scientific genius (with all the programs and antidotes that he made) while L can be viewed as a pure deductive detective a la Conan and Kindaichi.

@Kaze

derp

And it doesn't really matter on the methods they practice and rely on. A match is a match. It wouldn't be a match if they were entirely equal. Still, it's really hard to determine the winner here. My guess is that people will simply vote for their personal favorite. That is also a win... in a way...