when did you meet anime/manga?

Archangel

Wow anime is really old for me i cant reallly remember when i first saw anime all i know is my bro got me unto it.As for manga it been like 1 years since iv started to read it but now i have a shit load,

I met anime at a younger age, around the time when Pokemon was really popular. I don't really know about when I started to really read manga, but I guess around 12.

I would have to say I was around the age of 8 when I saw my first anime which I think was Sailor Moon. Only several months ago did I start reading manga, I think in October i'm not quite sure.

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
when did you meet anime?[/b]
It was on a cold, autumn night. It was raining and I was sitting lonely under a tree. Than, out of nowhere, Anime approached me, sat behind me and said: 'Isn't it time?'. His eyes were blue like a crystal sea and hair darker than the machinery of the night. He suddenly grabbed my arm and and pulled me closer to him. I layed on his chest, I heard his heartbeat. It was warm...

*pulls out black and white newsreel*

The year was 1978
The cartoon (as they were called then, the phrase anime was still nearly a decade away from being coined) was Mazinger
The age was 5

I met anime and manga on a dark, lonely night long ago. They offered me a ride home to avoid the cold weather.

Pretty much everything after that is a blur, but I awoke on a bench in the park a few days later with liver damage, hepatitis B, and a lower outlook on life.

I was 29

It was a hot summer afternoon. I must have been around four at the time.
I was bored out of my mind and my cursed hippy parents wouldn't let me watch regular television. Supposedly it was to violent. HA! My father, however, was already knee deep in the illegal fan subbing business.
He was always watching some anime or another but up to that point I had never cared.
That day as I stepped through the front door, lo and behold, a women in some sort of enhancing suit was beating the shit out of a giant cyborg man to the rhythem of an 80's rock song on my tv.
The year was 1994. The anime was Bubblegum Crisis.
I was never the same again.

I spose I first met anime at a very young age with Gundum Wing on cartoon network but I never really condidered it anything other than a cartoon at that stage. My first proper exposure to Anime was Full Metal Alchemist (which I still think is one of the greatest anime ever made).
My first contact with Manga was only last year and that was the scanlated Deatnote series which I still hod as the most complex and unpredictable plot in existence.