What made you start playing video games ?

I started playing video games when I was like 1 year old. My father sat me on his lap and played super mario bros. then I started pressing the buttons and directional pads while he held the controller. The minute my hands touched that controller I knew that it was my destiny to play video games XD and ever since then I've been playing video games

My dad bought me a N64 when i was young that made me start play tv games.I started with PC becuse of my cousins, they forced me to play CS, Starcraft, Diablo and WC2-3 agains them... I always lost but it cought my intrest.

Wow... Ummmm... To be honest, I am not sure... I remember playing video games from sooo long ago... I think I first started playing video games with my cousins, using my (I know... odd) Grandmother's Sega Genesis. I just remember playing Techmo Bowl way long ago with my cousin Peter. She probably bought it for us. From there, my parents eventually got my sister and me a NES, and I think we inherited my Grandmother's Sega Genesis. I have been playing games for as long as I can remember. I can tell you what exact game got me in to PC gaming though. My uncle gave us a box of stuff for our PC that my mom got. A piece of crap, refurbished, already out dated, PC. That was my first PC... Windows 98 anybody? Well, in that box that my Uncle gave us, there was an MS-DOS video game called Transport Tycoon Deluxe. Awesome game.

M

Maszrum

I started playing cause aaaaaages ago my father brought Atari. He got it from one of his friends who heard my father has kids. So from then I fell in love with video games and lost contact with the world. ;P

well ...can't seem to remember more than ...seeing the snes buying it and playing it ....but well it was old even when i bought it then

Diablodoc

Dark Lord of Erotics
I started gaming because it was the first thing I was introduced to.I'm not overstating it when I say I started 2-3 years old. I had barely learned to speak when I was playing "Arthur's Teacher trouble" xD

K

Kyo_cat18

I started playing video games a really early age. Honestly I believe it started with Pac-Man and Mario. I gradually went up from there. I now play anything from DS to my computer. I do more playing on my computer than anything now but, I love my 360.

K

Kyo_cat18

Yeah but I am girl......most girls don't like playing games a an early age. They are still playing with dolls.

Diablodoc

Dark Lord of Erotics
[quote name='"Kyo_cat18' date=' post: 14237"']I started playing video games a really early age. Honestly I believe it started with Pac-Man and Mario. I gradually went up from there. I now play anything from DS to my computer. I do more playing on my computer than anything now but, I love my 360.[/quote][quote name='"Arcsodeus' date=' post: 14238"']well... most of everybody's first game is Mario....[/quote]You know, I noticed that.. People do start out with Mario and Zelda o_oAnd speaking of that, I had no idea so many of you are gamers. I think we should start getting together :cool: No idea how yet though

M

Maszrum

I've seen groups of people on other forums playing together. Apparently it's awesome. I don't know cause most of you bastards are playing on consoles. <_<

Diablodoc

Dark Lord of Erotics
Super-quotation here we go![quote name='"Alice' date=' post: 14232"']My dad bought me a N64 when i was young that made me start play tv games.I started with PC becuse of my cousins, they forced me to play CS, Starcraft, Diablo and WC2-3 agains them... I always lost but it cought my intrest.[/quote]Wait.. Diablo?Diablo 2 LOD was the origin to my lifelong nickname. I still love that game
[quote name='"Kyo_cat18' date=' post: 14239"']Yeah but I am girl......most girls don't like playing games a an early age. They are still playing with dolls.[/quote]Indeed, gaming girls are rare. I've always wanted to know some ._.[quote name='"Maszrum' date=' post: 14241"']I've seen groups of people on other forums playing together. Apparently it's awesome. I don't know cause most of you bastards are playing on consoles. <_<[/quote]We need groups here too. What kind of group do you mean?

M

Maszrum

@Diablo- just people who own certain games so they could play it together. And I think on one forum I saw a clan? Or whatever for some game for the members of the forum only.

Diablodoc

Dark Lord of Erotics
[quote name='"Maszrum' date=' post: 14244"']@Diablo- just people who own certain games so they could play it together. And I think on one forum I saw a clan? Or whatever for some game for the members of the forum only.[/quote]allright, that does it. We so have to do that!I'm gonna try to think out a way to gather people into gaming here, as it's one of the few things that has multiplayer ^^'If you find a way, please do info me :tongue:

console games are good since some of them are portable.... like DS... i play it a lot now.... although some very good game for it are pretty scarce....and that's why we make forum..... to introduce one gamer to another..... and discuss something.... even if it's out of topic...

Tempest

The Lotus Eater
Staff member
[quote name='"ShadowBlazer' date=' post: 14247"']
Broderbund's Prince of Persia for DOS.
Sample Gameplay[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgKP0kYnGmU[/media]
From there, and Secret of Monkey Island, started it all for me back in 1992.[/quote]If you did not post it I would not have realized that this is actually the first video game I ever played. My cousin and I sucked at it so bad. Played this when I was 5 years old. Was way too young to know what the hell video games were. >.>