What is your Jungian Anima/Animus?

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
http://www.religiousworlds.com/fondarosa/jung03.html

As I continue to identify myself with my masculine persona even deeper, consequently - the more I am subjected to projecting my anima outwardly unto variety of women. Interestingly enough, recurring patterns do emerges again and again on various occasions. But what are they?

An older white haired woman, roughly around 30 to 40 years old, with reasonably large (but not oversize) bosoms - representing more of an asylum for refuge, a place to seek protection and comfort rather than just mere sexual attraction (the latter while undeniable, is also more or less secondary to the projection of motherhood that the woman represented).

So this is the feminine side of my hidden self, but what about yours?

Rascal

wait, this seems interesting, but how did you arrive at that anima? [MENTION=45]Kaze Araki[/MENTION] because I want to do it for me D:

Rascal

I read it, it explains what an animus is, i got that... but how do i see what MINE is, like how you did yours

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
Who are the mystified men figure that you look up for? By mystification, I'm referring to your own projection of what those men suppose to be according to your desire, e.g. movie stars, singers, war heroes etc.

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
Interesting, lets see.

Hmm, all I know is that my Anima would be Caucasian, has red hair, is in her end twenties - begin thirties and has a craving for violence and has some generally masochistic tendencies. Thats all I can say for sure.

http://www.religiousworlds.com/fondarosa/jung03.html

As I continue to identify myself with my masculine persona even deeper, consequently - the more I am subjected to projecting my anima outwardly unto variety of women. Interestingly enough, recurring patterns do emerges again and again on various occasions. But what are they?

An older white haired woman, roughly around 30 to 40 years old, with reasonably large (but not oversize) bosoms - representing more of an asylum for refuge, a place to seek protection and comfort rather than just mere sexual attraction (the latter while undeniable, is also more or less secondary to the projection of motherhood that the woman represented).

So this is the feminine side of my hidden self, but what about yours?
Very interesting.

Does she represent a romantic ideal in abstract, or more a collection of your own memories of positive female figures?

My Anima is quite different from your's.

She has light blond hair tied back in a ponytail, a long scar that cuts down her face, and has left one of her eyes milky white and sightless. Her working eye is brown and sharp. Her face is stone cold, measuring her surroundings, but also with the slightest hint of fearfulness from a long life of pain.

From her, I feel the sense that she is capable of violence without remorse. She represents the idea of Darwinism at it's worst. She knows she must be strong in order to live. That said, she is suspicious, sharply logical, but accepting of those who pose no threat.

Whenever I play an RPG and I play a more saint-like and kind character, I make my player a male. But when I want to RP a cold and stronger character, I always switch my gender to female. I figure that relates to anima.

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
Now that's extremely interesting!

I have some questions though:
Is this projection a recurring pattern?
Where do you see the projection (in dreams, movies, celebrities etc.)?

Is this projection a recurring pattern?
I have told my friends often that I feel as if I relate to a female form, a very particular female form and I've made attempts at describing her. People don't really get what I'm talking about.

They assume that I'm trying to come out of the closet, but I'm not attracted to men (Nor would I suppress that if I were attracted to it).

Where do you see the projection (in dreams, movies, celebrities etc.)?
Dreams. Sometimes I dreamed I was her. Sometimes I dreamed that I was with her. We weren't kissing or doing anything sexual. It's always just been conversations with her (or fighting her). And I get a sense of understanding when talking with her. It is blissful and freeing understanding. Sometimes it ends in arguments. Sometimes it ends in violence. Sometimes it ends in a hug. Depends on the night, i guess.

Sometimes I see her in characters. My fascination with the characters in certain genres runs very deep. And I can trace which characters have fascinated me in particular over a period of many years. Here's the trend.

Astaroshe Asran

I stumbled upon her when I was a Junior in high school. I saw her in Trinity Blood, which was actually the anime which got me into anime (before then, I avoided anime). I remember distinctly telling my friend "I feel like I know her". This female character is the only reason I ever gave anime a chance.

The character, "Selene" from the Underworld Series

Phantom Miria

I was fascinated (almost unnaturally fascinated) by each of these characters. They all share the same MO, and with all of them I felt like I could relate to them. I guessed, in a sense that it was that sense of "relation" that caused me to be attracted, though I've never heard of the concept of animus until now. I'd feared that maybe I have disassociative personality disorder, tbh.

I am working on an outline for a story currently that I plan to start soon. The main character of the story is a woman with one blind eye whose world has been crushed and who is looking for a meaning to her life.

Switching to real life. . . I have sometimes attributed this "personna" to real women which has resulted in an intense infatuation on my part. Though these infatuations did not end well. . .

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
Very interesting.
Anima is none other than our inner attitude that often does not appear in our persona (real world appearance) due to societal norms.
The more a man subjected himself to his masculine side, the more this anima will be projected unto various things.

Very interesting.
Anima is none other than our inner attitude that often does not appear in our persona (real world appearance) due to societal norms.
The more a man subjected himself to his masculine side, the more this anima will be projected unto various things.
Thank you for posting this and thank you for explaining.

If what you say is accurate, then it seems there is quite a bit that I have suppressed. . .

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
While Jung is undoubtedly a genius, I am more inclined towards Freud in term of understanding human nature.
One can say that Jung is more positive and mystic in his approach, while Freud has a rather dark and extremely sexually oriented view.

While Jung is undoubtedly a genius, I am more inclined towards Freud in term of understanding human nature.
One can say that Jung is more positive and mystic in his approach, while Freud has a rather dark and extremely sexually oriented view.
I don't want to derail the thread terribly, but I haven't studied Psych and I find all of this fascinating and you seem like you understand some fascinating concepts and I want to extract them. :laugh:

What if I were to say that sexuality is not my primary motive. . . that sexuality is far secondary to understanding and trust in another (intellectual intimacy, in my mind, far outstrips sexual intimacy). . . would that attitude of mine be a refutation of Freud, or is Freud's concept of sexuality more abstract so that it could encompass intellectual intimacy?

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
A far darker Freudian view can be seen here: http://muffin.g2anime.net/showthread.php?t=7218
You would also notice there a debate between myself and shard2323.
You can view him as a representation of modern Psychology, while I myself is more interested in the religion of Freud, Jung and Reich.

As for your question, Freud put much emphasis on the unconscious mind (see the thread for further info), therefore you can't really said that your sexual desire is secondary, because we are dealing here with something that you are not aware of - consciously. We can continue the discussion further there.