What got you into anime?

I grew up with my cousin how is a few years older than i am and he use to watch DBZ raw on his TV so id watch with him at times, then i automatically got hooked :)

I started to watch other anime's like sailor moon (cmon now i was little :p) and then my anime addiction went uphill afterwards, all thanks to my cousin :D

Syanaide

Suigintou Love
When I was like thirteen years old, I liked how anime characters had huge boobs.

Well, I still do. But that's how I got into it.

As for me the first anime I ever saw was most likely DragonBall Z or Digimon when I was 7 or 8. I didn't quite understand the concept of anime at the time yet I still proceeded to hate any and all anime from then on out because in my head at least since DragonBall was stupid all anime must've been crap as well.

My stance on anime pretty continued until I was about 11-13 and I started watching a few anime on TV like Full Metal Alchemist and Inuyasha on TV. I also saw a few other things that my older brother downloaded to his computer like Advent Children and Record of the Lodoss War.

(I still didn't quite grasp the fact that anime was from Japan and I always insisted on watching things dubbed.)

And then, along came Eureka Seven. At first the constant whining of the main character put me off but the story intrigued me so much I eventually just went and watched the entire series on the internet.

After that (since I was still in puberty at the time) the majority of what I watched was ecchi. Now though I've learned to appreciate anime not only as a art form but a wonderful storytelling medium as well.

So, to summarize...

First anime I saw: Dragonball
First anime I liked: Inuyasha
First anime I finished: Eureka Seven

So I guess you could say all of these things got me hooked onto anime. Though I honestly believe Eureka Seven played the largest part in my road to fandom.

What got me into anime was my friend about 2 years ago told me about this show called naruto and i had no idea that it was an anime do i went and youtubed it.. i watched about 2 episodes and then i was hooked... by the end of the naruto series i didnt want it to end so i whent and looked for some more anime and then i am an anime freak for life after that

The first anime I watched was Dragonball though at the time I didnt know it was anime until I watched Dragonball Z (I think my friend told me it was anime). Got hooked into anime after watching Trigun which I heard about while downloading some Dragonball Z movies lol

im already watching anime without even knowing its anime. i was like in kindergarten.
i thought all animations are called cartoons until i saw naruto 3 years ago.
my first anime would be voltes v.

Gundam Wing. it was playing on TV late at night on a channel that mostly played kid stuff....looked cool because it was endless waltz, the movie. it started to see promo's for the series and have seen countless anime shows since then.

^Dragon Ball has/is/will always be awesome!!!

Any way,

I first got into it back in about 1996 or so. I was at my Grandma's house and I was maybe 6 or 7 years old, and it was the first time I had ever stayed up ALL night. It was about 6:00 AM, and I flipped it onto FOX. They were playing the old Ocean Dub of DragonBall Z, and I fell in love with it. I didn't know it was anime(or even what that was) back then, but a few years later I came across DBZ on Toonami. Thats when I got into it.
I was watching only dubbed anime and knew very little outside of Dragonball up until 7th grade, when I bought an uncut DragonBall GT DVD. I watched the Japanese version and loved the theme song (Dan Dan) and ever sense then, I've been gettting into it!