What games are you currently playing right now?

I recently installed the PC version of Fallout:New Vegas. I own the console version but I wanted to switch to the PC version for the mod support. I have active files for Arcanum:Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura and Tyrian 2000 as well. I am also always in a state of "playing" The Elderscrolls IV:Oblivion and likewise always keep at least one Minecraft world open.Minecraft and New Vegas are what I'm playing primarily though as I'm terrible at Arcanum as I am with every game made for the infinity engine and Tyrian 2000 has begun showing some true claws in it's difficulty even if some of it comes from faults in the game's method of resolving impact. Might start up Bastion again since the soundtrack hasn't really left my head since I started playing it roughly two weeks ago. I need to consider starting fresh instead of using New Game+ so much though,not much difficulty in New Game+ unless you start flipping on idols and then it just gets annoying when squirts start reflecting mortar rounds.

Tempest

The Lotus Eater
Staff member
I find it hard to stick to one game when I've got 20+ games sitting around, not a single one finished. Right now I'm mostly switching between The Witcher 2 and Deus Ex Human Revolution. I've made the mistake of getting the PC version. The video files are horrid. The cutscenes look like they're PS2 cutscenes, only a lot more grainy. In game is fine though, I'm running it near max but the cutscenes.. I rather watch the console version of them on youtube in HD.

heh, another person that likes Minecraft
There are legitimate reasons to find Minecraft uninteresting,mostly the lack of fresh content and actual objectives,but when I need a game to just fall back on Minecraft is generally there. When it isn't breaking down after an update or new mod at least.I'm a little sore about the upcoming 1.8 update since I just settled down into a millenaire village and now I have to lose everything to start from scratch for an update that isn't even complete since no one has coded the skill points for the new experience system or NPC for the new villages. I don't even get why those new features are even being included if they aren't finished. They serve no purpose until they're complete and the update to complete them could be months off.I want to try Human Revolution but my PC barely meets the minimum specs. I already have to turn New Vegas down quite a lot to get it running at a speed I can tolerate.

amandaluvsya

Kissing ZeroKnight's Neck
Staff member
[quote name='"Gadolf the Absolute' date=' post: 47274"']There are legitimate reasons to find Minecraft uninteresting,mostly the lack of fresh content and actual objectives,but when I need a game to just fall back on Minecraft is generally there. When it isn't breaking down after an update or new mod at least.[/quote]Yah I get what you mean. I like the game but I wouldn't say it's my favorite either. I do wish there was more content though, in the way of different items that you can decorate or house with or even new materials to build your house out of. I'm also not that creative at coming up with new house ideas or different buildings to make so I usually build my house and then walk around the rest of the time trying to think up ideas for the next thing to build and eventually I get bored and just quit out.And yes they're breaking down problem is kinda annoying ._.I've pretty much switched to Terraria being my replacement Minecraft.

Terraria's interesting for it's wider array of items and creatures,but the building aspect of it takes such a massive hit and the world is so limited that it fails to spark the same feeling. I like my Minecraft set up because I can hop in my airship and soar the skies looking for villages to trade with. I didn't even build my house,I bought the land from the guild master and supplied some of the resources and the villagers built and furnished it for me. With Terraria it's dirt and more dirt. Just more things to kill you while you walk that straight line. It's an unfortunate case that the games split so widely between exploration and item variety.

amandaluvsya

Kissing ZeroKnight's Neck
Staff member
That's true. I guess it depends on what you find more entertaining. I simply like Terraria more because I like to decorate and it gives me more items that I can work with. I find decorating better then building so that's probably why I find it better.

Tempest

The Lotus Eater
Staff member
[quote name='"Gadolf the Absolute' date=' post: 47274"']I want to try Human Revolution but my PC barely meets the minimum specs. I already have to turn New Vegas down quite a lot to get it running at a speed I can tolerate.[/quote]My GPU is between minimum and recommended. I overclocked it for better performance so I can almost max it out. However, cut scenes aside, the game doesn't look all that great. It has a very "mono" feeling like Portal. Some people love that design but I like high resolution textures and details and as a result I have a hard time understanding why the GPU requirement is higher than one would expect. The Witcher 2 looks so much better and runs smoother in high-medium than Deus Ex does on High.

I haven't done anything like that,but the integrated video card is dragging my whole rig down. I don't even meet the minimum specs for Civ V. I had to play The Witcher on minimum settings and it still felt choppy. I can never seem to get a PC with a decent video card.Also I just realized that Arcanum isn't an infinity engine game,I was thinking of Planescape:Torment. Derp.