What anime/manga should get the hollywood treatment

ghostjacker

Neo Maxi Domzwiebie
The upcoming trend is for a whole slew of live-action adaptations of popular animes/mangas. Blood:the last vampire; cowboy bebop, Akira and others have been in the news recently.

What anime/manga title would you like to see made?

For me, it would be Fist of the North Star. And it has to have all the WWE wrestlers starring in it. Its a perfect fit, don't you think :em080:

Batista as Kenshiro; Triple H as Shin; Undertaker as Raoh... :626543r5aufcq3qj: Perfect casting I reckon :destroy:

(Note: Its been done before, in 1995, but the cast sucked, weren't beefy enough)

tyron256

turnabout moderation
fist of the north star sounds good if done that way i guess, otherwise its hard to say, possibly eyeshield 21 (shouldnt be that hard, just another football movie)

its hard to say for this kind of thing because live action movies tend to ruin it for me of course there are exceptions

Canabary

Administrator
Well considering Hollywood has a tendency to mess everything up (DBZ the movie being a perfect example of that) I say none. The specific Japanese style, humour and artistry can't be reproduced with Hollywood actors or directors, and certainly not to an extent i would call satisfactory.

They work perfectly well as Anime, and there's no need to change a winning formula.

i also agree with that canabary san .... but still the curiosity in me makes me wanna see how much they can screw it up. that's why i am very curious about cowboy bebop .... i really wanna see how keanu reeves (was it?) anyhow, i wanna see how will he be able to act it out. Spike is a quite difficult character to play so i am really curious if they picked the right actor for that hehe

haruka

Phoenix of the Red Moon
[quote name='setsuna']i also agree with that canabary san .... but still the curiosity in me makes me wanna see how much they can screw it up. that's why i am very curious about cowboy bebop .... i really wanna see how keanu reeves (was it?) anyhow, i wanna see how will he be able to act it out. Spike is a quite difficult character to play so i am really curious if they picked the right actor for that hehe[/QUOTE]

i have a feeling i'm gonna LMAO when i see that :D

Canabary

Administrator
[quote name='setsuna']i also agree with that canabary san .... but still the curiosity in me makes me wanna see how much they can screw it up. that's why i am very curious about cowboy bebop .... i really wanna see how keanu reeves (was it?) anyhow, i wanna see how will he be able to act it out. Spike is a quite difficult character to play so i am really curious if they picked the right actor for that hehe[/QUOTE]

Keanu Reeves.... They couldn't have picked a worse match even if they tried...

He has two facial expressions, and it barely works for the Matrix :/

L

lilacs_being07

well, cant wait for the upcoming Black Lagoon....thats by Quintin tarantino....its gonna bloody as ever...bwahahaha