Welcoming Committee

Greeter Position

• Yes its a wonderful and workable idea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No its idea that won't work

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This is just a idea that i came up with and i want your take on it.

This is a new position for greeter/welcoming commitee.

[you know those greeters you see at walmart or shopping center]

main objective:

- to greet new members as well as keep flow of traffic in the introduction thread

jobs:

- closed outdated thread

- monitors threads to prevent any infractions (e.g. spamming, or necroposting)

- serve and greet new members (or guide them around the forums)

let me know if this is a good idea to pass or not

honesty is what im looking for.

please provide explanation on your answer and do the poll please.

how many are interested and what kind of qualities do you think it is need.

i know some of the members like to welcome and lurk around there

i want to give some credit for them.

and it makes them feel like their welcome are being heard and appreciated.

its not about lazy. its about appreciating those special individuals.

Sanae

Staff member
I think it could work ^__^ Besides, it'll pick up for the lazy staff as Yuki mentioned ^__~

New members like to be welcomed by both regular members and staff members ^^ It makes a forum seem nice and cozy <3

Why don't we tweak it a bit. Instead of a new mod for the sole purpose of welcoming people, why don't we form a roster, where the assigned mods have to welcome new people during the week they are assigned to? That would be better IMO. And it's not like we get so many new people a day that we need a special mod just for saying "Hi".

HappyNisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think it's a great idea! I'm one of those people that actually used to greet new members at mf so why not in here as well? xD it's a great way to get to know people and most of the new members appreciate it (others never really reply) I'm not sure whether you really need a moderator for it though... but yeah like someone else said it might be handy to actually get some people who regulary do it ^^ and a mod might be able to see new members better? I only see the newest member XD so yeah if there are multiple people registering at once I'd be missing a few and a mod might be able to see them all? Lol I'm really not sure what the capabilities of moderators are XD It's really true that if you get welcomed like that you feel very welcome and when you feel welcome you're bound to come back ^^ Yup yup I think it's a great idea

Sanae

Staff member
Don't forget that Chroni did mention that they would have controls over the section ^^ I guess the main thing would to make sure the threads don't turn into that person's personal spam thread ^_^ If it does, then the thread should be closed since the person has been greeted by most members already ^^

@Kaze: Thank you for your confidence, but I tend to miss some new members xD

Besides, I think someone wouldn't like that very much xD

the problem of working in order is it becomes like a chore

i know some of the members like to do it as a hobby (like nisa) but me personally, nt too much, i drop by once in a while but i don't stalk it.

so being on the welcome committee is not really a mod thing but more like we appreciate those who does it on a regular base.

but none the less, i appreciate your input.

HappyNisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hmm it is true that it might become a chore coz even though I have it as a "hobby" I usually do it when I'm bored XD so yeah... if it really is a list to work from it might get away the fun ><

you would need someone cheery for that, plus someone who can deal with meeting new ppl on a daily basis*every day mind you*

thats going to be tough ;nono;

Sanae

Staff member
Perhaps, instead of position, maybe positions ^__^ Then, the one greeter wouldn't be alone in this. The other one can have the other one's back if they weren't able to greet everyone ^__^