Video games/Voilence

Im just going to have to quote one of my friends here. "If video games causes violence in the youth of today we would be able to blame hungry hungry hippos for obesity." What really is to blame is parententing skills, if parents dont teach kids what is right and wrong then of course they will pick up some stuff from video games. We can not blame the video games with out blaming the partents

If i was influenced by violent games... I can just imagine the masacre. Games give you something to do, when you get kids loitering round the streets is usually when you get them killing each other. Imagine all the geeks that spend loads of time on these games going actually acting out in real life what they just did on a screen... Not pretty (btw if you don't know what I mean by this its that this isnt actually happening in real life unless I'm seriously missing somthing). Anyway, I think it's to do with the way they've been brought up, TV/films and music than games.

There have been tons of study on this subject, and the results have gone both ways. I think the studies trying to prove that they cause violence they purposely pick the most mentally unstable kids they can find; and for the ones to prove they don't cause violence, they pick the most well behaved, mentally stable they can find. My conclusion is don't let mentally unstable psychos learn how fun shooting a guy is.

WandererLynx XX

Dark Leviathan Sannin
game violence transformation into real violence is caused by the misinterpretation of the effects of real criminal acts due to the games formentation of little punishment for violence and it's reinforcement of it's image by glorification makes it appealing to the gamer hence lead his weak mentality to group violence with lax punishment which ultimately leads to the carryout of a crime

As some of you may know I'm in college and my Psychology teacher keeps on saying that most killings are caused by people mimicking what they do in the video games. But I say if the video games can lead people to kill, what about movies, majority of todays movies have a massive amount of violence. I wonder why people always use video games as an example, is it because with a video game you are actually the character u are playing and it feels as though u yourself is in the game so u r interacting with CG people as though u r a part of that world and when u finish playing the game u behave the same way in the real world. And in movies u just sit and watch with minimum interaction. What are your views on this?
Awesome that your taking a psych class in college im taking one in high school, and weve had this discussion in class b4, my teacher said that those ppl who reenact the things they play on video games have mental problems that makes it difficult to seperate reality from fiction. and they only use video games since ppl spend more time playing video games rather than watching movies, so of course ppl who have these mental problems are more likely to reenact wat they see on video games than movies, but the interaction thing you mentioned probably has a lot to do with it too. But I dont think its ppl playing games in general just the increase in the number of ppl with these mental problems.