Top ten movies

[quote name='Kaiser Chicken Imperial Flu']Do you know what is the largest genocide in modern history?[/QUOTE]

Mao's China, when he introduced The Great Leap Forward?

To keep on topic, I like Tim Burton's films. <3

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
[quote name='TheRandomChocolate']Mao's China, when he introduced The Great Leap Forward?[/QUOTE]

How many movies about it were produced by Hollywood every years?

30 million dead people is an extremely huge toll, but the term genocide may be incorrect here.

How about the genocide of the Palestinian people?

How many movies about them were produced by Hollywood every years?

Heh, reading the word Hollywood nowadays instantly makes me wanna puke.

This film is banned in Britain, but it's eye opening nature eerily explain to us where the hatred may have comes from;

Defamation: The Movie (Complete - U.K. Blocked)

by Yoav Shamir

[YOUTUBE]utVkVQnAY64[/YOUTUBE]

PS: Norman Finkelstein, my hero was in the film as well, yay! :grin:

[quote name='Kaiser Chicken Imperial Flu']How many movies about it were produced by Hollywood every years?

30 million dead people is an extremely huge toll, but the term genocide may be incorrect here.[/QUOTE]

It's also a matter for the Hollywood's producers trying to produce a film which would potential attract a significant number of audience. In today's society, unfortunately not many give a shit about China.

[quote name='Kaiser Chicken Imperial Flu']How about the genocide of the Palestinian people?

How many movies about them were produced by Hollywood every years?[/QUOTE]

Not very many. Perhaps of fear that it is an ongoing situation. /shrugs. Actually there was a drama released in UK 2 months ago based on the conflict between Israel and Palestine (called 'The Promise' if you're interested). Keep in mind, Hollywood is an American thing and therefore there won't be many films in an anti-Western view.

[quote name='Kaiser Chicken Imperial Flu']Heh, reading the word Hollywood nowadays instantly makes me wanna puke.

This film is banned in Britain, but it's eye opening nature eerily explain to us where the hatred may have comes from;

by Yoav Shamir

PS: Norman Finkelstein, my hero was in the film as well, yay! :grin:[/QUOTE]

I'll go check it out when I'm bored~

Mind you, not everyone in UK are the same; we do still criticise a lot of the actions our government has taken. :/ -coughsLibyacoughs-

I like Battle Royale, even if it is a propaganda film against Facist/ corrupt government. .__.;;

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
[quote name='TheRandomChocolate']It's also a matter for the Hollywood's producers trying to produce a film which would potential attract a significant number of audience.[/QUOTE]

Thus why the majority of Hollywood movies tantamount to propaganda garbage. This symbiotic relationship between Hollywood and the U.S. government is duly noted by Gore Vidal.

[YOUTUBE]z4YIU6ufzdM[/YOUTUBE]

“Hollywood and Washington is a symbiotic relationship. They both deal with illusions. Reality doesn’t often play much of a part.” - Gore Vidal
[quote name='TheRandomChocolate']In today's society, unfortunately not many give a shit about China.[/QUOTE]

Not many give a shit about the Holocaust either, UNLESS you sold it again and again every fucking years. Think about it for a second, the main point of WWII wasn't about the Holocaust. Moreover, the genocide victims of WWII weren't only Jews, but also includes a hell lot more various other ethnic groups and religious affiliations. Now, where were the routine films for those other victims?

[quote name='TheRandomChocolate']Not very many. Perhaps of fear that it is an ongoing situation. /shrugs. Actually there was a drama released in UK 2 months ago based on the conflict between Israel and Palestine (called 'The Promise' if you're interested). Keep in mind, Hollywood is an American thing and therefore there won't be many films in an anti-Western view.[/QUOTE]

http://thetanjara.blogspot.com/2011/02/peter-kosminskys-palestinian-israeli.html

Seems like a load of bull-crap to me. Why don't they make a drama about white phosphorus being thrown at Gaza? Wait, why on earth did they use that to begin with? It's a blatant war crime if it's being used on a densely populated area. Anti-Western? Give me a break! More correct is anti-Israel. That being said, in the U.K., the power of Israel's lobby is not as strong as in America. We can see this from people like Tony Benn, George Galloway and Gerald Kaufman.

[YOUTUBE]E21MdXe3BOQ[/YOUTUBE]

Tony Benn humiliate BBC in its own broadcast.

[quote name='TheRandomChocolate']I'll go check it out when I'm bored~[/QUOTE]

May God have mercy on all of us...

Bố

[quote name='Kaiser Chicken Imperial Flu']How many movies about it were produced by Hollywood every years?

30 million dead people is an extremely huge toll, but the term genocide may be incorrect here.

How about the genocide of the Palestinian people?

How many movies about them were produced by Hollywood every years?

Heh, reading the word Hollywood nowadays instantly makes me wanna puke.

by Yoav Shamir

PS: Norman Finkelstein, my hero was in the film as well, yay! :grin:[/QUOTE]

This video is seriously amusing. The music is just lol lol lol.

Either way................add Human Condition to my list. Cuz of this epic movie I never got to watch, I now have 50 viruses or something on my lap. xD

[quote name='Voltorn']Everyone should go watch hangover. =P[/QUOTE]

I soon as i can legally get it.....

On topic: My favorite movie of the year is Inception, or The social network

1. The Lord of the Rings trilogy

2. Red Cliff

3. Star Wars trilogies

4. Titanic

5. Mortal Kombat

6. The Crow

7. The Prestige

8. Schindler's List

9. The Godfather

10. The Dark Knight

(the top three are the only strict ones - the rest are movies I enjoy/have watched recently, but are in no certain order and are easily replaceable)

my top ten

Pirates Of the Carribbean (especially Deadman's chest)

Gangs of New York

Wall Street

Romeo Must Die

Wedding Crashers

The Dark Knight

Austin Powers Goldmember

The Mummy Rise of the Scorpion King

Rush Hour movies

Shrek movies

Xeno

The Chosen One
1 - The Shawshank Redemption.

2 - The Good, The Bad and the Ugly.

3 - Brave Heart.

4 - LoTR Trilogy.

5 - District 9.

6 - Star Wars Trilogy.

7 - Heat.

8 - SAW series.

9 - Rambo: First Blood.

10- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl and Dead Man's Chest ONLY.

Notorious

Colonel H Stinkmeaner
My top ten (in no particular order)

The Gladiator

Braveheart

Shawshank Redemption

The Matrix trilogy

The LOTR trilogy

Forrest Gump

Toy Story series (yeah, call me sad or whatever)

Battle Royale

POTC series

Once upon a time in America

[quote name='insane-azn']My top ten (in no particular order)

The Gladiator

Braveheart

Shawshank Redemption

The Matrix trilogy

The LOTR trilogy

Forrest Gump

Toy Story series (yeah, call me sad or whatever)

Battle Royale

POTC series

Once upon a time in America[/QUOTE]

crap, can't believe i forgot about that one

Nightmare Gear

de capa y espada
1) Unforgiven

2) Batman: The Dark Knight

3) Munich

4) Fight Club

5) Indiana Jones series

6) Count of Monte Cristo

7) LA Confidential

8) Pineapple Express

9) Super Bad

10) Spiderman 1

Mickey

Houdini's Magician
1~Gran Torino

2~Inception

3~Momentum

4~Lars and the Real Girl

5~The Dark Knight

6~Amelie

7~A Walk to Remember

8~A beautiful Mind

9~Collateral

10~The Hangover

Canabary

Administrator
O.. good question..

1. Boondock Saints

2. Indiana Jones The Last Crusade

3. Anything with Will Smith

5. Back to the Future Series (Michal J Fox \O/)

6. WALL-E

7. Star Wars

8. National Treasure (Nick Cage
)

9. Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

10. Spy Game

To be honest I find it hard to pick out my 10 favorites. In essence, Boondock Saints is number one above all else. Next comes Last Crusade. After that it's mostly down to actors, althought I do have to say Back to the Future is very high up there as well.

1. Will Smith

2. Michael J Fox

3. Harrison Ford (except Indiana Jones who is number 1)

4. Nicolas Cage.

Di Caprio, Robert Redford, Tom Hanks, Michael Caine, Johhny Depp, Samuel L Jackson, Sean Connery, Clooney, Pfeiffer, Charlize Theron, Angelina Jolie, Scarlett Johansson etc etc.

There's about 100 movies that could compete for a top ten list though... Ghostbusters, Batman, Hangover, I Love you Man, The Godfather, Usual Suspects, The Sting, Iron Man, Sherlock Holmes (again cause of the actor), Kill Bill, E.T, Schindlers List, Harry Potter movies (I like them
), JFK, Field of Dreams, Pirates of the Caribbean, Oceans Eleven, Rocky, All the Presidents Men, The Candidate, Lord of The Rings, Groundhog day (no need to think at all, just funny), Spider Man, James Bond, particulary Die another Day and anyhting Sean Connery, The good Sheperd, Casablanca, Forrest Gump (If only for the "life is like a box of chocolates" refrence), Saving Private Ryan (best WW2 movie), Life or Brian, V for Vendetta, The Princess Bride... I could probably mention tons..

My top ten in no order

-Pirates of the Caribbean (i totally agree with whoever said a dead mans chest)

-Remember the Titans

-Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby

-The Dark Knight

-Transformers (all of them, even the upcoming one which i know will be amazing)

-Insidious (not even on blu-ray yet)

-Mr. & Mrs. Smith

-The Blindside

-Independence Day

-Harry Potter Series (so upset its ending!)