The World God Only Knows

Tempest

The Lotus Eater
Staff member
I haven't seen the latest episode released but the first three were pretty good. I'm really liking the animation quality in this. The opening song is alone one of the better I've seen in anime. In 99% of the anime I watch I skip the opening song because it's boring and doesn't even classify as music for me but I think they nailed it for TWGOK. What are your thoughts and impressions so far?

Tempest

The Lotus Eater
Staff member
They're about the same right now. I heard mixed reactions about the latest episode though, I'll have to watch it myself and see if it's actually genius or just bad but from what I have seen so far the anime is very good.

I picked up this show on a whim and it's okay. The opening and ending themes are unique, as is the premise for the show. It's a good anime and has a brilliant voice actor that matches the protagonist's personality very well.Otherwise, everything else is forgettable.

Tempest

The Lotus Eater
Staff member
The premise of the anime/manga is exactly what makes it work. Otherwise it would just be another extremely soft core harem. A gaming nerd that uses his video games skills to "conquer" girls in the real world based on those galge games, it's hilarious and unique. The protagonist is well built but all the other characters feel rather dull.

Tempest

The Lotus Eater
Staff member
The Kanon arc wasn't horrid but it was much too long, mostly because they incorporated those "musical performances" into it. I hated those parts, it annoyed me greatly. I really despise that kind of junk music and what the hell is the point of listening to crappy music while watching a fake 2D character "perform" it? Anyway, it wasn't that bad but it could have been much better for me if that stupid music integration wasn't there.

hmmm....i dunno about this show ....but it's medicore for me ....nothing got me interested so far...despite all the hype about it i find it barely watchable

Tempest

The Lotus Eater
Staff member
This latest episode was extremely disappointing. It was the same thing over and over again just from a different character's perspective. It had NOTHING to do with the story. I'm starting to lose interest even though the manga is so awesome.

[quote name='"Tri Edge' date=' post: 13591"']This latest episode was extremely disappointing. It was the same thing over and over again just from a different character's perspective. It had NOTHING to do with the story. I'm starting to lose interest even though the manga is so awesome.[/quote]true
.....but i've heard somewhere that this happened in the manga ?

Tempest

The Lotus Eater
Staff member
It does happen in the manga. It's those .5 chapters that I never read. You know, sort of like omake... that no one ever pays attention to.

[quote name='"Tri Edge' date=' post: 13593"']It does happen in the manga. It's those .5 chapters that I never read. You know, sort of like omake... that no one ever pays attention to.[/quote]i see ....but is air time that cheap to waste it on an whole episode on an omake ....lol

Tempest

The Lotus Eater
Staff member
It is a large manga, 100+ chapters. It's not surprising that they want to extend the anime. I understand this, however, as a consumer I don't like seeing it.