What all did you do in this siggy ^^?

dark_9tails

dark_9tailsノ(ಥ益ಥノ)
[quote name='Sanae' timestamp='1306911178' post='142821']

Not very dark, but my favorite one:

I love the colors and the effects and of course the brushes used ^^

What all did you do in this siggy ^^?

[/quote]

Thank you :] Actually I did not use any brushes. All the effects are Apophyses. And a bit of pen tooling. Took me some time to arrange those apophyses.

dark_9tails

dark_9tailsノ(ಥ益ಥノ)
Time for some real updates after what, 3 months of inactivity on this thread?

And they're all sorted randomly so yeah.

Critiques please.

Well, I won't go into all of them in detail, but I will make some general comments.

1) The depth in the sigs is AMAZING.

2) The lighting is great as well, however

3) Some of the tags (the first few mostly) are undersaturated, which may be your style of GFX, but do try bumping up the saturation and contrast a bit. A good example (of good saturation and contrast) would be the last one.

4) I don't really like your tall-ish sigs that much, because I usually follow the 3:1 width-to-height ratio for sigs. It's just my opinion though.

5) The smudging in the "cloud of Abstraction" sig could be a bit smoother. Try a layer of slight gaussian blur or something .____.

Yeah, that's about it. All in all, fantastic. You're really versatile when it comes to GFXing. Keep up the excellent work.

Rascal

awaaah darky :*love:
i hope you dont mind that i ask instead of critique

how do you make the designs for around ur chars... like the blond guy with no shirt... those "brushes" that are plaid/polka dotted/etc ive always wanted to do that....
also the paper cranes ... how did you do that as well

on the yamamoto, how did you do those bluish rainbow type things

dark_9tails

dark_9tailsノ(ಥ益ಥノ)
Whoa. Fast replies. Haha. Thanks in advance.

Well, I won't go into all of them in detail, but I will make some general comments.

1) The depth in the sigs is AMAZING.

2) The lighting is great as well, however

3) Some of the tags (the first few mostly) are undersaturated, which may be your style of GFX, but do try bumping up the saturation and contrast a bit. A good example (of good saturation and contrast) would be the last one.

4) I don't really like your tall-ish sigs that much, because I usually follow the 3:1 width-to-height ratio for sigs. It's just my opinion though.

5) The smudging in the "cloud of Abstraction" sig could be a bit smoother. Try a layer of slight gaussian blur or something .____.

Yeah, that's about it. All in all, fantastic. You're really versatile when it comes to GFXing. Keep up the excellent work.
1. Haha. Thanks. I tend to focus most on the depth when making tags so yeah : D

3. Hm okay. I'll take note of that. Although yeah, I guess it has become a part of my style.

4. I don't either. But sometimes the renders screams for taller height so yeah xD

5. Now when I look at it, it seems LQ lol. I was trying my best to create some depth and as a result, it ended up a bit rough.
awaaah darky :*love:
i hope you dont mind that i ask instead of critique

how do you make the designs for around ur chars... like the blond guy with no shirt... those "brushes" that are plaid/polka dotted/etc ive always wanted to do that....
also the paper cranes ... how did you do that as well

on the yamamoto, how did you do those bluish rainbow type things

They're called clipping masks. Really handy once you get to use them.
As for paper cranes, they're renders which I've downloaded from 99MockingBird. Try to google it up.

As for the curves on the Yamamoto tag, I filled the rectangle marque tool with four colours and apply the liquifying tool.

EDIT:

I forgot to add this one

I played around the colours and sharpened a bit on this stock. Ayumi <3

Pimp

Follower of kiyology
*o* Soooo great.......:fist:But you didn't put up the one you made for me.....are you ashamed of it :waah:[MENTION=163]dark_9tails[/MENTION]

dark_9tails

dark_9tailsノ(ಥ益ಥノ)
Since Photoshop isn't available, I thought of using GIMP as the replacement. But it seems that GIMP hates me. And I hate it too.

It's simple, since I still haven't gotten use of its tools. Damn GIMP for having no clipping masks.