The Vanity Effect

dark_9tails

dark_9tailsノ(ಥ益ಥノ)
You've improved a lot since your first works, but still your tags seem to lack depth and lighting which are extremely important components of making a good tag. All I want to say is that your skills are those of a beginner. So practice more and I look forward to seeing your improvements.

You've improved a lot since your first works, but still your tags seem to lack depth and lighting which are extremely important components of making a good tag. All I want to say is that your skills are those of a beginner. So practice more and I look forward to seeing your improvements.
And it begins.
Those are the comments that made me feel like my sigs are crap.
Considering I have been gfxing for nearly 3 years and being told im not improving at all.

I ended up going from simple photobucket editing, photoshop elements 3, ps cs5, to what i now have photoshop cs3.
And is wasn't that is was harsh it was basically telling me for some reasom i can seem to improve. Trust me your comment wasn't that harsh, you should try sigbar, they basically harrassed me till i gave up gfxing.

dark_9tails

dark_9tailsノ(ಥ益ಥノ)
Have you ever tried to search for tutorials and learn from them? They're really helpful as they give you ideas and tips to produce tags. They must all be professionals then.

They weren't all professionals, but they pretty much dont like beginners at all even though they have a beginners sotw and an expert. It's a very opinionated site. If you went there no doubt they would tell you what you have said to me exactly. Most look down on other gfxers. Personally I think they are arrogant. And I have sigbar has lots of tuts., but I have issue learning how to learn depth and light from someone's own signature, showing how they would do it or what makes it like this, expecially when it's a photo of something completely different from renders or anime.

dark_9tails

dark_9tailsノ(ಥ益ಥノ)
That's a bit too far of them. I hope I'm not sounding like one of them. Basically, most of the time, you put a light source above your main focal's head. And as for depth, usually you just sharpen your focal point and blur its sides. Pretty simple I'd say, but the only thing is, never overuse it. Else your tag would end up being over sharpened and over blurry.

hmmm, i'll try that after downloading all >.> idk...80 brushes im getting >.>
But thank you dear. ^-^
It wasn't you, that was harsh it's just because of them I am disheartened a bit too easily but, thank you. I believe i will grown more and more now even with that simple explination of depth and light.

dark_9tails

dark_9tailsノ(ಥ益ಥノ)
That's a lot of brushes. Well, that's the basic of how to handle lighting and depth. And as you go on deeper, you'd find that sometimes the render you are working on could have more than one lighting source. Same goes to depth. Oh, you can actually try to work on renders and have c4ds as their effects, apart from using brushes. Or maybe a combination of them.

Rascal

smitty heres my word of advice: try renders more... your better works are the ones where it looks like you started with a render, simplify your fonts, fonts that are too fancy sort of confuse the eye on sigs, rule of thumb: the fancier the pic/render, the simpler the font you want, if you have a really dull kind of abstract sig or w/e you could put fancy font as the focus... that kinda thing. experiment with lighting and lensflare (for some reason i think urs would look nice with some flaaare)

like darky said, tutorials. example: my sig, that spark over the gun... took that "lighting" trick straight from a tutorial.

lastly (for now) gets some higher-quality material, even teh most basic gfxing looks pretty good on high quality materials

ps, OTL if you think u had a rough start,... oh god... go look at my first gfx attempt on my gallery.....

edit: i wouldnt get that many brushes..... .__. i generally get what im looking to use for a particular project....

edit again: another trick ive learned is placing brushes btwn things in the sig gives great depth: example... in my sig... i had to erase the part of the brush that was covering the gun pointing forward.... so that it'd look like its going under... that kinda thing... try that

edit again

cuz i changed my set >.>