The Minecraft Cave

Blackgold

The Loli Inspector
Staff member
I'm trying to make a texture pack. MINECRAFT IN HELL! or just a very dark place. I'm using stuff from the painterly and editing it with photoline so it's still good old 16x16. Although one main problem I have is the MC Patcher for MAC hasn't been updated for the new 1.8.1 so I can't change water color. A real pain. Here's what it looks like so far.
Creepers I made bloody looking but was to lazy to get a good picture.@Rose: I see how it is...

My 64x LB Photo Realism/Misa's HD Overhaul hybrid that I Frankensteined a bit yesterday has honest-to-Dagon Thriller zombies,it is entirely impossible to impress me with a recolor of the most overrated texture pack in Minecraft history. I poop on Painterly Pack,I literally take a dump on it's pixels. As soon as I figure out how to fix this out of memory error,I'm going straight to the 256x LB Photo Realism pack. Not that I expect Notch to ever fix that,I'll probably never get the chance.​
In the meanwhile,have some Donkey Kong.​

Blackgold

The Loli Inspector
Staff member
I'm actually editing and not only recoloring though. Just putting stuff together that others made can be boring to me. I find it fun messing with stuff to see how it turns out. Like one time I made creepers eyeless. I thought it would look cool but really all you see is the back of their head. :| I'm just using the painterly as my base since I'm not totally creative on my own and I like 16x16. Anything higher than 64 is overrated in my opinion. I use to mix like that though. My main pack for a while was a mix of the Misa pack and Johnsmith pack. Used the items, mobs and such from Misa while using the blocks from Johnsmith. Except I liked Misa's obsidian so I switched the Johnsmith obsidian for the Misa one. I used the thriller zombies as well. A lot of detailed mob skins to choose from in the Misa pack.

[quote name='"Blackgold' date=' post: 47924"']Anything higher than 64 is overrated in my opinion.[/quote]​
I don't think that word means what you think it does. How can texture packs over 64x be overrated when there's only 19 of them listed in the Minecraft Forums and they're almost impossible to use because of the out of memory errors they create? Every time any newbie starts Minecraft and wants a texture pack everyone starts jerking off over Painterly Pack and I've never fully understood why. Yeah it's customizable,but a lot of the options are just crap (holiday themed items,gag tools,special needs mobs) very few of the options looked good to me even when I was forced to use 16x packs.​
If anything,packs below 64x are overrated simply due to the over-saturation of packs available and of people who defend 16x packs exclusively with their claims that anything realistic "ruins the feel of the game.". I get the idea of less-than-modern graphics having their own charm when done is a specific way,but Minecraft looks like ass once you've upgraded it's textures and gone back. I dunno about the rest of you,but spiders are far more fearsome for me when they actually look like spiders. I like the LB Photo Realistic lava better than vanilla lava because not only does it have an awesome heat distortion effect in it's animation,but it actually looks like lava and not glowing Kool-Aid.​
Lately I've been hearing a lot of support for Sphax and I'm finding that to be unimpressive despite it's support for up to 512x simply because of it's flat,cartoony textures. It's like someone looked at Frendan's pack and decided to make it bigger. Did I mention that I hate Frendan's pack to? Those "clean" texture packs always bug me,why would you want flat,featureless textures?​

Blackgold

The Loli Inspector
Staff member
Maybe if you didn't have a shitty computer you could run the textures of 64. I have two friends that use them just fine.[quote name='"Gadolf the Absolute' date=' post: 47925"']a lot of the options are just crap[/quote]Precisely why I'm changing it.
[quote name='"Gadolf the Absolute' date=' post: 47925"']Minecraft looks like ass once you've upgraded it's textures and gone back.[/quote]I don't think so. Not in my case anyways. I've used 64 for quite some time and even checked out higher one on photo realism. I still love the default though. I suppose I'm just not a "quality whore" as one of my friends would put it. Someone that only cares about graphics. They're just blocks anyways.

[quote name='"Blackgold' date=' post: 47940"']Maybe if you didn't have a shitty computer you could run the textures of 64. I have two friends that use them just fine.[/quote]This is entirely irrelevant to my computer's quality. Anybody trying to use textures over 64x will hit trouble. Altering your Java heap size is supposed to fix the issue,and does for many,but not me or many others. My copy just doesn't want to accept the change,this is a software issue,not a hardware issue.

amandaluvsya

Kissing ZeroKnight's Neck
Staff member
... ... It's just a game... :/ *sigh* people need to take a chill pill. You're waaay too argumentative, the whole world is not a debate. I hate debates, partly one of the reasons I don't like to comment so much anymore is because I get a lengthy post that:1.) I don't understand all that well with my not so good english2.) I don't want to argue3.) My opinion just gets put down or ripped apart so what's the point...
*sigh* I digress~
@Blackgold: I think the colors look really nice. I love the dark theme, quite a contrast from the regular green I'm used to seeing. Also maroon is one of my favorite colors so good choice
I use painterly too, I love it, have mine on the Chinese theme, can't remember the actual name for it atm but I think your idea is interesting, I would have never thought of it. Might to something like that to mine when I have some free time

[quote name='"amandaluvsya' date=' post: 47966"']... ... It's just a game... :/ *sigh* people need to take a chill pill. You're waaay too argumentative, the whole world is not a debate. I hate debates, partly one of the reasons I don't like to comment so much anymore is because I get a lengthy post that:1.) I don't understand all that well with my not so good english2.) I don't want to argue3.) My opinion just gets put down or ripped apart so what's the point...[/quote]omg ur so rite *le sigh* ever1 shud talk lyke u and no 1 shud ever debate anytihng evur cuz it make my hed hurt... :[You know what? I'm entitled to have an opinion. You don't like it? Pike off. Just don't even read my posts. I'm sorry you can't handle more than four words in a sentence without your brain exploding,but I like an intelligent discussion and I'm entirely within my right and the forum rules to make extended posts for the purpose of debate or discussion. You are the entire reason I was called here,to counteract people like you who want to drag the entire board down to your level of sparkly kawaii bullshit. I write internet reviews,I like detailed posts,if you can't handle it,don't bitch to me like I'm at fault for your ignorance. If you can't speak English,maybe it's time to leave the English-speaking board instead of demanding everyone hold themselves back on your account.

amandaluvsya

Staff member
^that...is EXACTLY what I'm talking about.[quote name='"Gadolf the Absolute' date=' post: 47971"']omg ur so rite *le sigh* ever1 shud talk lyke u and no 1 shud ever debate anytihng evur cuz it make my hed hurt... :[[/quote]What ...on earth is that..? I do not use txt language, in fact, I can't stand when people do, it drives me mad so I pride myself on not using txt language.There's a difference between stating your opinion and then being plain rude. [quote name='"Gadolf the Absolute' date=' post: 47971"']I'm sorry you can't handle more than four words in a sentence without your brain exploding[/quote]That's just plain rude, I never insulted your intelligence in my post, did I? Right, I didn't, so I don't expect you to insult mine. Do not insult me by putting me down, I can understand more than four words.Like I said in the shoutbox before, you are not above me and if I didn't insult your intelligence in the previous post I don't expect you to do it to me, especially when in no where did I demand anyone to do anything, I never said anyone HAD to hold yourself back all I said was I don't understand it all that well, that's not demanding anything. Anyway, Ignoring. I don't care to speak to people that can't be nice.
My corgi dog that I got a few months ago

roselillya

Bleep Bloop
Staff member
@Gadolf @Amanda o.o taking the thread off topic arnt we o.o? But in this situation I agree with everything Amanda says.... Also Awwww Its soo cute

amandaluvsya

Staff member
[quote name='"roselillya' date=' post: 47977"']@Gadolf @Amanda o.o taking the thread off topic arnt we o.o? But in this situation I agree with everything Amanda says....Also Awwww Its soo cute
[/quote]Thank you and I know and I apologize for going off topic but the rudeness is something that has to dealt with. It's going to end up doing more harm to the forum then good. I've already had a couple of members tell me that's why they're not as active here and it needs to stop.and Thank you, was playing online on a server and happened to come across him.
I have more screenshots but at the moment I can't post them because my image host is being a little off, but when it's back up, I will

HappyNisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
[MENTION=2015]ZeroKnight[/MENTION], I think because of the merge, a lot of the picutres in the first post are not working anymore. Also, please edit Anime Tempest to G2Muffin as it is now located in G2Muffin. Thanks in advance.

Xiga

Does anyone have any good servers to play on online or anything? I forgot the old server we used to play on. I only started playing again a couple days ago, and I forgot how addicting this game is. I got lucky in the world I made, my spawn had a cave next to it that I made a tower at one entrance, and the cave ended up going all the way down in to the diamond and lava layers, and I have not even explored it all yet.

[MENTION=2043]Kaiin Retsu[/MENTION]: G2 actually has a server called G2anime.net But theres premission locks so you will have to ask [MENTION=1072]boyd[/MENTION] to premit you when you enter the server.

I have not played Minecraft in a long time, when I am back in the states, maybe I will play again though. It would definitely be cool to play on a server with people I know.