The loss of a grand voice

Dante

Devil Hunter of Hell
Folks, I would just like to say this. If you folks have been reading the paper, then you would understand what has happened in the comedian/entertainment business.

The great and quite controversial George Carlin has died yesterday of an apparant heart failure in Santa Monica, CA. He was 71, and just finished a show in Las Vegas.

Now, I'm not sure if you folks have watched any of his HBO specials, read his books, listened to his albums or audio books....But you guys should listen to one of them and listen to what you guys may have missed.

He was quite against religion, so I can't really say God rest his soul, or he might come back and haunt me in my dreams...So, I will just say he will be sorely missed...

Shadow_Strider

Oderint Dum Metuant
Yeah I heard about that today and I was shocked because I didn't even hear about him being sick, and I am really into stand up so I read up on this kinda stuff.

oh and sry for you loss Dante since I know you got a lot of material for your blogs n such from George Carlin lol.

Sorry if I laugh in a thread to honor his death but he would laugh... I mean the man had like an hour bit about suicides and reality tv lol.

Dante

Devil Hunter of Hell
Indeed, he would definately want us to laugh about it.

His history was that he had drug problems during his comedy run in the late 70s/early 80s. After that, he and his wife did clean up. And, News flash for me (shows how big of a fan I am.) He had a kid! A daughter! So, he bashed women for like a half hour in certain specials, only to ironically have a kid.

I also have been viewing/listening a lot of his material lately, and I think I can crank out a few more in his honor.