The London Riots

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
Those dimensions I am fully aware of my friend. However, given how "most" riots tend to go it's a safe bet that the initial chaos was started by the lower class. Of course people are oil and chaos is the spark that causes riots. While there were numerous communities to blame, the fire was lit by the lower class and it spread from there. As it typically does.
No argument there. It definitely started in one of Londons poorer neighborhoods.

Arachna

Spider
Staff member
I know i am taking a huge risk here, by not replying to the topic, but i just had to say it!

You two are actually agreeing on something! :*_*:

This is an epic moment. <.< Where is my camera. >.> (jk) :p :awwn:

My (albeit noobish) view on the riots is that they were most likely due to a combination of factors. My guess is that the riots was the outcome, which must mean that there were foundational factors (government policies I presume), catalysts and finally a trigger point.

It must be conceded that the ones who initiated the riots probably had a better reason than "for shits and giggles", and thus the entire thing wasn't just an act of barbarianism. The riots were probably started by people with a real reason to riot, and then other people just caught on for the free TVs and stuff.

/ends amateur perspective

I'm curious to discuss: did the 2011 Arab Spring have an influence on the actions of these rioters?

Biomega

Net Ronin Of All Trades
My (albeit noobish) view on the riots is that they were most likely due to a combination of factors. My guess is that the riots was the outcome, which must mean that there were foundational factors (government policies I presume), catalysts and finally a trigger point.

It must be conceded that the ones who initiated the riots probably had a better reason than "for shits and giggles", and thus the entire thing wasn't just an act of barbarianism. The riots were probably started by people with a real reason to riot, and then other people just caught on for the free TVs and stuff.
If you try and catch one of those rioting hoodlums, they will definitely say that they are jobless. They do this because of lack of jobs, according to some analyst I saw on T.V. They weren't oppressed in any form, but things need to be lubricated with money. They are jobless, or they are fed with very low wages -- this is what incited the riots, and the shameless acts of shop ravaging, of course.

I'm curious to discuss: did the 2011 Arab Spring have an influence on the actions of these rioters?
I hardly see the connection.

Like, Arab World breaks out with revolutions, London people look at it at home on their TVs and wonder if they can replicate that. Something like that.

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
If you try and catch one of those rioting hoodlums, they will definitely say that they are jobless. They do this because of lack of jobs, according to some analyst I saw on T.V. They weren't oppressed in any form, but things need to be lubricated with money. They are jobless, or they are fed with very low wages -- this is what incited the riots, and the shameless acts of shop ravaging, of course.
yeah but thats the disturbing thing about these riots. Many of the rioters that were arrested turn out to have jobs. Nothing big and fancy, but they do have a stable moderate income. As Zero Phoenix already said, the lower classes may have started it the first night, but after that, lots of people from lots of social groups joined in.

Core

Fascinating...
Sigh despite lexieflex over there continuously twisting my words and mixmatching my arguments to suit his ignorant bullshit.

This has all happened before. You can hardly connect the Arab Springs to the French youth riots back in 05 can you?

For lex this topic is rock solid gold though using this topic he can argue that anarchism as an ideology cant work because of the argument: monkey-see-monkey-do.

Boohoo for the lower classes. Boohoo for the government. Who actually cares? not the rioters or even us who dont do anything but sit on the sidelines and debate about the hundred million possibilities. Shopkeepers are insured, the government can increase police funding and increase its grip of control and the rioters think they accomplished something.

So... in the grand scheme of things its win-win-win isnt it?

For those unaware:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_civil_unrest_in_France

The death of 2 black youths lead to widespread riots... sound familiar?

Zero Phoenix

The Second Coming of Hazama
Like, Arab World breaks out with revolutions, London people look at it at home on their TVs and wonder if they can replicate that. Something like that.
Highly unlikely. London is no stranger to riots. What we're seeing in the eastern world is a replication of the west. What we are seeing in the western world is not a replication of the east. To take liberties with Repo The Genetic Opera, "We started this riot shit."

Sigh despite lexieflex over there continuously twisting my words and mixmatching my arguments to suit his ignorant bullshit.

This has all happened before. You can hardly connect the Arab Springs to the French youth riots back in 05 can you?

For lex this topic is rock solid gold though using this topic he can argue that anarchism as an ideology cant work because of the argument: monkey-see-monkey-do.

Boohoo for the lower classes. Boohoo for the government. Who actually cares? not the rioters or even us who dont do anything but sit on the sidelines and debate about the hundred million possibilities. Shopkeepers are insured, the government can increase police funding and increase its grip of control and the rioters think they accomplished something.

So... in the grand scheme of things its win-win-win isnt it?

The fuck is your problem? You know what, I really don't give a shit. You and Lexus clearly have issues with each other so save that shit for your pages. No knocks to you but for the past week no one has gotten into a debate over how big their arsenal is, in part because you've been mostly absent. I got not beef with you but if you can't keep this civil then you need to get the fuck out.

For those unaware:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_civil_unrest_in_France

The death of 2 black youths lead to widespread riots... sound familiar?
I wonder, do most riots start with the death of a black man or just the more recent ones.

Biomega

Net Ronin Of All Trades
I wonder, do most riots start with the death of a black man or just the more recent ones.
L.A riots started with a Black man. And, most of the rioters that are shown on T.V(the current London riots, mind you) are also black men -- some are Subcontinentals/South Asians.

Core

Fascinating...
The fuck is your problem? You know what, I really don't give a shit. You and Lexus clearly have issues with each other so save that shit for your pages. No knocks to you but for the past week no one has gotten into a debate over how big their arsenal is, in part because you've been mostly absent. I got not beef with you but if you can't keep this civil then you need to get the fuck out.
Says the man who used the word "nigger" in a derogatory fashion earlier this topic. :)
Civil is one thing, twisting my arguments and words around just to seem smart is something else.

L.A riots started with a Black man. And, most of the rioters that are shown on T.V(the current London riots, mind you) are also black men -- some are Subcontinentals/South Asians.

Yea sounds pretty damn close to a conspiracy!

They all start the same way, they all last as long,the main instigators are always the same, and the damages/arrests are almost exactly equal.
Patterns are emerging o.o

Zero Phoenix

Says the man who used the word "nigger" in a derogatory fashion earlier this topic. :)
Civil is one thing, twisting my arguments and words around just to seem smart is something else.
Let me hit you with some knowledge smartass. I used the word "nigga" in my post, not "nigger." Someone of your background hardly knows the difference. While "nigger" is racist remark, the term "nigga" is used by some blacks to show familiarity and kinship. The term is used properly by ZERO PHOENIX as a way to point out ignorant ass people, regardless of race or ethnicity.

And no need for you to get so defensive because I'm calling you out on your bullshit. We were having a civil discussion, have been for the passed two weeks, and then you come in here and the first thing you do is insult lexus and I'm wondering, where the hell did that come from. That shit you posted had nothing to do with the topic, lexus said nothing to offend you, and you immediately open up with the insults. So, nigga, that's why I said what I said in my post. If you have an issue with lexus and clearly you do because even when no one was talking to you, you opened with the insults. Do you see why I have an issue with your post? Do you understand the words I use to communicate with you? Or are you a nigga in dire need of college?

Core

Fascinating...
Let me hit you with some knowledge smartass. I used the word "nigga" in my post, not "nigger." Someone of your background hardly knows the difference. While "nigger" is racist remark, the term "nigga" is used by some blacks to show familiarity and kinship. The term is used properly by ZERO PHOENIX as a way to point out ignorant ass people, regardless of race or ethnicity.

And no need for you to get so defensive because I'm calling you out on your bullshit. We were having a civil discussion, have been for the passed two weeks, and then you come in here and the first thing you do is insult lexus and I'm wondering, where the hell did that come from. That shit you posted had nothing to do with the topic, lexus said nothing to offend you, and you immediately open up with the insults. So, nigga, that's why I said what I said in my post. If you have an issue with lexus and clearly you do because even when no one was talking to you, you opened with the insults. Do you see why I have an issue with your post? Do you understand the words I use to communicate with you? Or are you a nigga in dire need of college?

It really doesnt make a difference bro. I know you think that what you just said meant something but its really simple.

The fact that you tried to play it off as N!gga instead of nigga in your post tells me that you knew the weight of the word and chose to mask it. The fact that you used NIGGA instead of NIGGER tells me you knew the weight of the word and tried to mask it. The fact that you are once again attempting to insult my background and education in an attempt to discredit me tells me you knew you were wrong.

Furthermore tying your own definitions to derivatives of words and saying its used properly is by itself a bias.

Lastly. The problem I have was with a comment he made in THIS TOPIC in regard to one of my posts. He drudged up things from other posts and gave a 6 worded reply to my first comment here. -There was a question here that apparently offended some people here.... oh well.-

I understand you fine I just choose to use words that openly define what I think of the people I am speaking with then thread around on eggshells pretending I am a superior internet warrior like you zero. I have no issues with you other then your constant need to speak about how awesome your internet status is -.-

-lexus-

Visions of Hell

Twisting your words? Oh how you never cease to amuse me...

I cant deny that this is a fine demonstration of what will happen when there is no monopoly of violence.

Mass media likes to associate crimes with minorities, what's new? And the cops and government officials don't want their children to get arrested, many of which were spotted looting and committing arson.

England has been bothering me as of late, people looking to rebel every chance they get.

Canabary

Administrator
Mass media likes to associate crimes with minorities, what's new? And the cops and government officials don't want their children to get arrested, many of which were spotted looting and committing arson.

England has been bothering me as of late, people looking to rebel every chance they get.
Really? I can't really say I saw this one coming. Sure there's been inequalities and the so called "lost generation", but a full scale riot where people from all social classes went out and caused chaos in the city? Surprised me.

Zero Phoenix

It really doesnt make a difference bro. I know you think that what you just said meant something but its really simple.

The fact that you tried to play it off as N!gga instead of nigga in your post tells me that you knew the weight of the word and chose to mask it. The fact that you used NIGGA instead of NIGGER tells me you knew the weight of the word and tried to mask it. The fact that you are once again attempting to insult my background and education in an attempt to discredit me tells me you knew you were wrong.

Furthermore tying your own definitions to derivatives of words and saying its used properly is by itself a bias.

Lastly. The problem I have was with a comment he made in THIS TOPIC in regard to one of my posts. He drudged up things from other posts and gave a 6 worded reply to my first comment here. So why dont you go fuck yourself and tell me how respectfull that is you self righteous, pretentious, ignorant, dumb son of a bitch?

I understand you fine I just choose to use words that openly define what I think of the people I am speaking with then thread around on eggshells pretending I am a superior internet warrior like you zero. I have no issues with you other then your constant need to speak about how awesome your internet status is -.-

Ladies and gentlemen, is this the best HSL has to offer? Kaze Araki, I suggest you check this bitch before I have to.

Really? I can't really say I saw this one coming. Sure there's been inequalities and the so called "lost generation", but a full scale riot where people from all social classes went out and caused chaos in the city? Surprised me.
I admit that I didn't expect things to get that chaotic out there, but something of the sort.

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
Keiser gone coo coo for Cameron's cocoa puffs, lol (a well made if not interesting point, nevertheless).
From RT Reports:

[YOUTUBE]7iWKulQzeYw[/YOUTUBE]