The den of Pervs

Status
Not open for further replies.
To speak as the "leader" of a community, how can someone act without even taking into account the voices and wills of the people he leads?

The ideal leader is not an individual (With Pride, arrogance, and stubbornness)--he is a representation of the will of the community. To be prideful in oneself, and stubborn to the will of his community, a leader forsakes what it means to lead.

If a leader does not speak with the voice of his community, that leader is a tyrant, forcing his will upon others without considering their feelings, needs, or desires.

Farewell.

To speak as the "leader" of a community, how can someone act without even taking into account the voices and wills of the people he leads?

The ideal leader is not an individual (With Pride, arrogance, and stubbornness)--he is a representation of the will of the community. To be prideful in oneself, and stubborn to the will of his community, a leader forsakes what it means to lead.

If a leader does not speak with the voice of his community, that leader is a tyrant, forcing his will upon others without considering their feelings, needs, or desires.

Farewell.
I'm sorry, but we were being threatened with legal action. An agreement was reached among the staff (this includes Emeralda btw) and plans were made among all of us on how to handle it. The job of notifying you about these plans was left to Emeralda. Quite frankly it didn't occur to any of us at the time that vBulletin would be some sort of "holy relic" that couldn't be touched under any circumstances. It is quite frankly absurd to me that the forum software is the defining factor of any community.

On the financial side of things, which no one except for the ones who have to pay seem to care about. We would have had to shell out $600 this month to keep vBulletin and keep the servers running. The idea of coaxing donations from members was never an option in the agreement. We had licenses for IPB and Xenforo and since aproximately 50% of the member database knew xenforo we considered that the best option. According to forumreviewer, forum administrator, and experts on community development, xenforo is just as good as vBulletin and "most members who go from vBulletin to xenforo will, after an adjustment period, find it to be a highly user friendly," "90% of users who switched from vBulletin to xenforo liked the new software better after a month of using it".

We never had any desire to morally force members to donate under the false pretence that "the forum will be gone if you don't", because that simply wasn't true.

The reasons for the seperation is directly linked to the fact that Emeralda directly went against agreements we had all come to, and she expressed agreement with, in conversations. It was obvious throughout this process that agreeing on things in the future, when things would inevitably get more complicated, would be impossible.

We will gladly hear the members opinions on anything, but in this case there were legal and financial implications that had to be taken into consideration.

Zero Phoenix

The Second Coming of Hazama
I'm sorry, but we were being threatened with legal action. An agreement was reached among the staff (this includes Emeralda btw) and plans were made among all of us on how to handle it. The job of notifying you about these plans was left to Emeralda. Quite frankly it didn't occur to any of us at the time that vBulletin would be some sort of "holy relic" that couldn't be touched under any circumstances. It is quite frankly absurd to me that the forum software is the defining factor of any community.

On the financial side of things, which no one except for the ones who have to pay seem to care about. We would have had to shell out $600 this month to keep vBulletin and keep the servers running. The idea of coaxing donations from members was never an option in the agreement. We had licenses for IPB and Xenforo and since aproximately 50% of the member database knew xenforo we considered that the best option. According to forumreviewer, forum administrator, and experts on community development, xenforo is just as good as vBulletin and "most members who go from vBulletin to xenforo will, after an adjustment period, find it to be a highly user friendly," "90% of users who switched from vBulletin to xenforo liked the new software better after a month of using it".

We never had any desire to morally force members to donate under the false pretence that "the forum will be gone if you don't", because that simply wasn't true.

The reasons for the seperation is directly linked to the fact that Emeralda directly went against agreements we had all come to, and she expressed agreement with, in conversations. It was obvious throughout this process that agreeing on things in the future, when things would inevitably get more complicated, would be impossible.

We will gladly hear the members opinions on anything, but in this case there were legal and financial implications that had to be taken into consideration.
Speaking of legal action I do hope you and Tempest get around to removing my gotdamn articles: Immortal Regis, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, and Black Rock Shooter. You two are in violation of my intellectual property rights. You assholes might think it's cute to block my editorial privileges but there is more than one way for me to get what I want and yes, I will get what I want or you will be hearing from my attorney. I want my articles removed immediately or my next step will be to contact the authorities.

boyd

Staff member
Speaking of legal action I do hope you and Tempest get around to removing my gotdamn articles: Immortal Regis, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, and Black Rock Shooter. You two are in violation of my intellectual property rights. You assholes might think it's cute to block my editorial privileges but there is more than one way for me to get what I want and yes, I will get what I want or you will be hearing from my attorney. I want my articles removed immediately or my next step will be to contact the authorities.
Your so called "god damn" articles are my property and there is nothing you can do about that, what you did was write those articles freely out of your own will and good heart. All you may do is request a removal but that is no longer that option, because calling us assholes was not a good step to take if you want something done.
If you actually want to take action then your gonna have to contact me about this and i would be happy to take it to court with you and your attorney, but i suggest you don't take this action if you don't want to LOSE your money because an attorney is expensive.

This is also your only and last warning for insulting multiple staff members, this cannot and will not be tolerated.

Rascal

On the financial side of things, which no one except for the ones who have to pay seem to care about. We would have had to shell out $600 this month to keep vBulletin and keep the servers running. The idea of coaxing donations from members was never an option in the agreement. ....

1) If you want something to matter to the community (ie bills) you have to make it known. If that was your thoughts, should have said it ne. I dunno about the others, but I had no idea. I didnt even know of you besides your name because I never saw you around ^^". You cant expect us to care about something we dont even know.

2) You expect us to care about the bills .... but take issue with donations.... so basically you just need to keep that leverage to urself? Because if we donated, you wouldn't have as much say in the matter ne, itd be more of a democracy? aiya! terrifying ne. It's amazing how much weight ppl think their opinion should have when they put their dollar in the pot. Wouldnt want the members feeling all opinionated now would we ne ne

3) i dun really have a three.... :/ oh wells ne~

Zero Phoenix

The Second Coming of Hazama
Your so called "god damn" articles are my property and there is nothing you can do about that, what you did was write those articles freely out of your own will and good heart. All you may do is request a removal but that is no longer that option, because calling us assholes was not a good step to take if you want something done.
If you actually want to take action then your gonna have to contact me about this and i would be happy to take it to court with you and your attorney, but i suggest you don't take this action if you don't want to LOSE your money because an attorney is expensive.

This is also your only and last warning for insulting multiple staff members, this cannot and will not be tolerated.
Boyd, give it up. You know as well as I do that you, Canabary, and Tempest ain't shit. If you were capable of doing more than run your gotdamn mouth you'd have more to show for yourself than a website missing half its members. I'm not sure when the last time your retarded ass checked out copyright laws, but legally speaking everything I submitted is mine. No real attorney worth his salt would back your sorry ass.

http://www.uspto.gov/web/offices/ac/ahrpa/opa/museum/1intell.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellectual_property
http://www.patent-infringement.org/...operty infringement&adid=2168318625&placement=
http://ipmall.info/hosted_resources/crs/RL34593_080917.pdf

Looks like the law is on my side rather than yours. Not that you'd know I mean, you are a mod. It's not like you have a real job.

1) If you want something to matter to the community (ie bills) you have to make it known. If that was your thoughts, should have said it ne. I dunno about the others, but I had no idea. I didnt even know of you besides your name because I never saw you around ^^". You cant expect us to care about something we dont even know.

2) You expect us to care about the bills .... but take issue with donations.... so basically you just need to keep that leverage to urself? Because if we donated, you wouldn't have as much say in the matter ne, itd be more of a democracy? aiya! terrifying ne. It's amazing how much weight ppl think their opinion should have when they put their dollar in the pot. Wouldnt want the members feeling all opinionated now would we ne ne

3) i dun really have a three.... :/ oh wells ne~
1. We were trying not to bother members about things that are somewhat trivial to them. The only reason anyone was even told was because Emeralda broke our agreements and went on a "save vBulletin" campaign. But once that agreement was broken, and in essence the partnership, and people started to "demand" answers, we showed the financial and legal reasonining behind it.

2. I expect you to be reasonable and see how $210 in extra expenses is ridiculous when we already have three licenes worth $200, $120, $100 a piece. The donation plan was a stupid idea to begin with and completely unecessary. There was no justification to have a "fund raiser" for a forum software when we already had three licenses for three perfectly good forum softwares laying around. The server costs of over $300 a month easily trumps any need for investment in a new forum software, especially considering global market research put the difference in user enjoyment with vBulletin and Xenforo to virtually non existent after a small adjustment period.

The entire reason we didn't want to do a "fund raiser" was because we didn't want to waste you members money. There was no evidence what so ever to suggest that this investment would be "vital" for the community. As a result asking members for money was a non issue. Had it been considered vital, the money would have been invested without any help from donations.

Prince

Earth's Blessing
Staff member
Ermm I'm sorry to interupt you guys , but pls do remember this is a farewell thread , not a war zone ~! =.=
Well good bye Btmangan
It was nice knowing ya
and I hope you find your place soon ~!
*bows*

boyd

Staff member
Boyd, give it up. You know as well as I do that you, Canabary, and Tempest ain't shit. If you were capable of doing more than run your gotdamn mouth you'd have more to show for yourself than a website missing half its members. I'm not sure when the last time your retarded ass checked out copyright laws, but legally speaking everything I submitted is mine. No real attorney worth his salt would back your sorry ass.

http://www.uspto.gov/web/offices/ac/ahrpa/opa/museum/1intell.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellectual_property
http://www.patent-infringement.org/?c=gawpiip&type=search&keyword=intellectual property infringement&adid=2168318625&placement=
http://ipmall.info/hosted_resources/crs/RL34593_080917.pdf

Looks like the law is on my side rather than yours. Not that you'd know I mean, you are a mod. It's not like you have a real job.
First of all Canabary and tempest are some awesome dudes i cannot deny that, if only our members were like them then it would have been way more fun with or without "HER".
I dont think you still understand what i have done to G2 and what my actual job is, but your mouth is so full of **** that i want to keep this short.
The members we have will always be with us no matter what and it will increase by thousands soon, as we are a awesome team working very hard to make G2 the way it was.
The so called copyrights are not even needed because you don't even seem to understand how to sue a person like me, let alone handling the case of getting your articles to be removed.

The law is not on your side it never was, and me being a mod is just cracking me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.