The case of Ron Paul and the Left.

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
[YOUTUBE]b7OK-xwWYr4[/YOUTUBE]

With the upcoming election drawing near, the popular name of Ron Paul makes a visit to the political surface once again, this time with forces that can't be ignored by the ruling establishment. Known for its ideological [American] Libertarian stance and consistency in decisions through out his career, Paul overshadowed all other corporates candidates, both on the Republican sides and in fact - Barrack Obama himself as he seeks for a second term presidency through the Democratic party's ticket.

But now a perplexing case is brought upon us all. The Right Wing's elites hated Ron Paul on all of his foreign policy arguments and they are actively seeking to marginalize him in any given way possible - yet, the problem does not stop there. Disillusioned if not outright deceived by Obama's empty promises and sweet talking, The Left are in dire search for a figure that can actually do what he is mandated to do. While arguably both Paul and The Left are 99.999% on the same page when it comes to foreign policy, they share almost nothing in common when it comes to domestic policy. In fact, I personally find Paul's domestic policy (one of the central issue being the cutting or abolition of social security) as horrifying if not downright inhumane. Indeed, Paul is always consistently difficult and not straight forward when it comes to social policy, usually using the vague "charity" argument as escape route.

[YOUTUBE]HJqlqZ13qeE[/YOUTUBE]

And the cruel irony of Ron Paul's ideology:

[YOUTUBE]z8PCHis_PnM[/YOUTUBE]

All being said, what do you think of Ron Paul?

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
Alright, thats just...bad.

What is wrong with these freedom loving people? Heh, just shows how bad to much of it can be. Oh well....

Ron Paul captures my imagination. Some of what he says is so sensible. And as a person, he strikes me as an ideal politician, a true public servant.

But, like you said, his domestic and economic plans are horrifying.

If only he'd change his mind on the free market hocus-pocus I'd bust my ass to see him elected.

Alas. . .

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
The left can't have a viable candidate because Obama the Manchurian Candidate is in office.
Kucinich and Nader are Centrist-Left Progressive, their tract record are clear, and should be acceptable to the Centrist populace.
Interestingly enough, a more Leftist approach comes from women instead; Cynthia McKinney and Elizabeth Warren are populists with strong credibility.