The Bluffing Reality

Well, I decided to post this here, it's the first story I created and had put in public.A Bluffing RealityIt happened before I was born. A huge war was nearing its end. Everything was decided, "the winners", "the losers". My family lived in a small city, on a small island. They were relieved. "All the killing will finally stop", they thought. It was only my mom and my grandparents living in a house at the countryside. Dad had been sent on duty, leaving his seed and final wish behind. He knew coming back alive was nearly impossible.It was gone only in a blink of an eye. Feeling in the air was one of the "war has ended". But a small dot soared the sky. Like darkness in a nightmare, its image grew as it approached. "The war is over, he is just passing by", said my Grandfather, with a stern look. But the aircraft carried something with him. All kinds of thoughts were through their heads. "It can't be true". "Peace, God, please, let there be peace." It had a strange shape at first, then it started looking like an iron baseball bat, with less height and more weight. They immediately recognized what it was...a bomb.Falling from the sky like a raindrop. Slowly...everyone watched that single object touch the ground. Frame...by...frame....it was over.As you can tell, I'm my father's seed. Mom had survived the incident. My grandparents didn't share the same luck though. The world took a different turn from here onwards. The explosive set in the city was called "magic bomb". Why magic, you ask? Because the survivors of the so called presented unexplainable powers. The world government couldn't keep this quiet. "What if those monster break out and turn themselves against us?". They didn't want that. And a city for those survivors was created, so the high ups could keep track of us.I was born as a normal baby, which was a rare occurance, presenting a good growth for an "infected". Yes, that's what they called us. Many had their physical appearance distorted, others were mentally disturbed. Me being a relatively normal person was the signal of a success in their experiments. Relatively, because I had only one defect: blindness. My eyes wouldn't open, they were closen eyelids, with no hatch or path. The thing that left them bothered and anxious the most though, was the fact my "power" had not yet manifested itself. But they were patient enough not to ruin a "perfect experiment" like myself and decided to wait.When I reached the age of 7, my mother came up with the idea of sending me to school. Being the subject I was, the scientists never allowed out me of the lab. Such a rare "specimen" like me shouldn't be taking any risks. She managed to somehow convince them to let me go, I don't really know how. It seemed to be something important to her that I met the world.I was then on my first day of school. Insecurity filled me. Being 24/7 all my life in my "room", I had no clue on what to do. How do I communicate with the other childs? What do I do at school? How do I present myself to others? Questioning my mother, she only said:"Just be yourself", in a calm and composed way. I had nothing more to say, but to stand as confused as before. But I have to admit I was pretty anxious having the chance to talk to someone else.Not everything is as we think though. My mistake was to expect to meet heaven in the highway to hell. I was bullied. Constantly. They made fun of me, my eyes. I had been awarded the nickname of "cheeky eyes" .All because of my blindness, and the pattern of the joint eyelids were like a cheek.The worst thing is that I couldn't fight back. I didn't have the will nor the strength to do so. Most of them were "infected" as well. Meaning: they had powers. Probably not enough to threaten society, else they'd probably be in the same situation as I am or, at worst, be a jailbird with a death sentence. Despite their powers not being enough to threaten the society, they were still stronger than a wimp like me.I was frustrated. Sadness was filling my heart. I couldn't cry from the outside, but my inside was pouring tears."Hey, can I sit here?", a girl sunddenly asked me.It was such a great timing I couldn't believed it. When I was feeling down, she appeared. I could see her with enlightened wings, coming from the sky, just extending the hand in my aid. I didn't knew the sky, nor how an angel looked like, but I knew there the warm she embraced me in."Don't worry if you can't see. The world is beautiful when you watch it from your heart, not your eyes.", she said, in an pacific tone."Why did you decide to talk to me?", I said, hiding my true feelings."Teehee. If I have to say a reason, it's probably because I felt like." I heard the sound of someone getting up."Are you leaving?" - I could feel in my voice the loneliness."I'm not, can't you see?"Her presence was gone, in spite to her words. Did she not see I was blind? That's impossible. I didn't think she was mocking me either. I didn't hear any footsteps though, even when she arrived. Was she really an angel? If there's such modification made from the magic bomb, it wasn't as bad as thought. I was pretty confident on my ears, making me a little doubtful, but silence persisted for so long I came to the conclusion she had departed.A few years later, they decided to run a few tests on me, to know if there were eyes behind those sealed eyelids. They were only waiting for the safety of the experiment. And there were. It didn't took much until they decided to open my eyes by force.Should I feel happy about that? I thought at that time that I wanted to see. But that girls words got imprinted on my mind."Don't worry if you can't see". Who are you to tell me that? "The world is beautiful when you watch it from your heart, not your eyes." But you never appeared to me again.My opinion was not important after all, why think then? Passed a few days, they decided for the operation. The day had come. Would I finally see? A mix of nervousism and anxiety were building inside. My mother was there to comfort me as I was lying on the surgery table. A mask was put on me, and I slowly began falling asleep...I woke up, still a bit confused. What had happened? Wasn't I supposed to be seeing right now? My vision was still pitch black. I could feel my eyelids move, sense them. But what I saw remained the same. "So the surgery was a failure".I heard the sound of someone entering the room."Are you awake?"It seemed to be a nurse. When I turned towards the sound on instinct, I heard an awkward sound.*splat*Splat? What was that just now? The sound of something hitting the ground?"Hey, is everything alright? I just heard a strange sound." I asked. No response."Hey, answer me if you're there."Where did she go? Nobody would say something and just stay quiet afterwards. I felt it all too strange.I left the room, looking for a doctor to ask for details of the surgery. The first one, the next one, this has to be a dream. Every single person I passed by, *splat*. Some would screams happened before the sound."Ahaha! What kind of joke is that?" What the hell are those people doing, playing such stupid joke?Before I realized, I was running through the halls of that large building. Stumbling from time to time, I turned corners in a random, desperate way.*pained moan*"?" What was that? The different sound caused me to halt."Ah...I see...you're...do...ing...fine...""?!" That voice, I know it...wait...is it...??"...my son.""Mom?!" A rachitic, small, fragile existence was in sight. In sight? I can...see? Why just now...? Just a while ago, I couldn't see a thing! I don't understand!"Don't worry, I'll be okay...*cough cough* I can...rest...peacefully...n-o-w...""Mom? MOM! AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"I'd gone crazy. Why could I see? What happened to my mother? I fell to the floor in grieve. Is it those eyes? Are those the cause? Unconsciously, I picked a surgical knife from the floor.I ran. As fast as I could. With no direction in mind, I kept running. To the outside. More of the same sounds. To the school. More of the same sound. Eyes opened. Vision working. People...dying.Then, I stand here, in the same place where I met you. Yeah, what pushed me to open my eyelids. To be excited for the surgery. I wanted to see you. That angelic figure of yours. And here you are, again.My eyes are closed though. Because I understand. The true meaning behind your words."It's ironic, isn't it?" - You tried to warn me."Your words backfired." - You were always with me..."I never needed my sight."'Are you leaving?''I'm not, can't you see?' I couldn't. Now I do.'Don't worry if you can't see. The world is beautiful when you watch it from your heart, not your eyes.'"Yeah..."In paused movements, I took the knife I carried all along."I never noticed" - it's sharp blade in opposition to the sky - "What made you so special" - it gained impulse - "Was that you" - away from the bright sun - "Never existed" - into the flesh of my eyes.

Momo

I'm somewhat confused on the ending but i might as well just read it over again haha..but this is great it kept me hooked and interested GOOD JOB!
i loves it

Oh, I forgot to check this thread ever since the forum went weird, sorry for late reply >.<.Thanks for the compliment
, and yea, I should work on the next ones as to be more clear ^^''.

Wow, Archie, you're here as well oOAnd I loved the story ^^ I don't really think it was too difficult to understand, but maybe you should make a little bit easier to understand.But the whole story is just so amazing!! Please share your next works here as well!!

kyrararen

wait, I'm just confused. the splatting sound, what is it?neah, the correct question, who/what the child is?I agree with momo, the ending seems a bit... blur. I wish I have some more knowledge about it.

@Nanda: Yep, am here too ^^. Tho not as active xD.@Kyrararen: I guess it's about time I explained some things.As to what the splatting sound was, it's simply the effect I used to make people visualize a person's death, like when one hit the ground.The child was an "infected". As explained, a special case, since he was neither visually deformed nor mentally disturbed.In the end, in case it wasn't very clear, the boy realized the irony: he took the surgery exactly because his will to see her caused so. But then, she wasn't one he could see with eyes.

Glad it could make sense now, kyrararen ^^.And thanks Xiety, hopefully my next stories won't be too confusing xD.Been wondering if I should post two work in progress here too.